I will be using an iPhone 4 to drive them will they be good enough to drive the MTPG or do I just need to get the regular turbines???
Related Forum Threads
- IEM Deciding problem Last post on 8/22/12 at 6:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- what are the best earphones with serious quality for everyday use? Last post on 7/23/12 at 10:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE425 vs Monster Turbine Pro Gold. Last post on 8/12/11 at 4:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for a pair of IEM Last post on 1/30/11 at 4:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Purchased these this week, and had them replaced with another set - which exhibited the same flaw. Two may be a curse, but they both did the same thing so I would be wary. When on standby,...
Synopsis: The RD3 is part of the next generation of earphones from Rhapsodio. Powered by a single high-end dynamic driver, it has a warm sound and a hearty bass response. The RD3’s design...
Synopsis: The Spectrum Series G10 is the next generation universal fit stage monitor from Future Sonics. Replacing the Atrio with a new driver, housing, and cables, the G10 surpasses it in detail...
Introduction: I received the Cayin N6 as a tour unit that was generously provided by CTC Audio. CTC Audio focuses on making brands that aren’t as accessible in North America, mostly from Asia,...
The Shure SE215 is the first IEM I owned and was the one that brought me in head-fi. I got mine for around $95 at the time after reading some reviews online here and there. Since then, I've learned...
Turbine Pro Gold Questionspost #1 of 361/19/11 at 6:31pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 361/19/11 at 6:39pmQuote:
JUST...GET...THOSE turbine golds! (if you can comfortably afford them, I'd say the original turbines get you to about 80% of the turbine golds.post #3 of 361/19/11 at 6:48pm
I do it all the time. I personally think they sound better than my Etys or Shures (425) straight from my iPhone. The only iems that I own that sound better are my Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10s. They have a nice kick to the low-end that sounds great from a plain-jane iPhone. At home with an EQ, they need a little more work, but when you combine the great un-amped sound with the ease of putting in/taking out and the comfort factor, they're great iems for what you want.
If the money's no big deal, the Golds are really a HUGE step up from the regular Turbines (which are great little inexpensive earphones in their own right).post #4 of 361/19/11 at 6:50pmThread Starterpost #5 of 361/19/11 at 6:52pmpost #6 of 361/19/11 at 6:58pm
TOTALLY different sound. Very warm, with deep, controlled bass that you just don't get in the regular Turbines. Plus, they come with the Monster supertips, which are really extremely comfortable, and add a lot to the sound.post #7 of 361/19/11 at 6:59pmThread Starterpost #8 of 361/19/11 at 7:04pmpost #9 of 361/19/11 at 7:05pmThread Starterpost #10 of 361/19/11 at 7:08pmpost #11 of 361/19/11 at 7:30pm
you're overpaying for both, turbines go for about $60 in the used market, $170 from onecall.com for a NIb pair of golds (gotta call them asking for the best price though)post #12 of 361/19/11 at 7:47pmThread Starterpost #13 of 361/19/11 at 8:33pm
no, that's for the openbox deal, call them (yup, that means the telephone) ask them for the the lowest price they can give for the New mptg's and they should give you $170 as there best, if they give you something higher, call again laterpost #14 of 361/19/11 at 9:13pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Turbine Pro Gold Questions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 3 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 3 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 4 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. 7 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 8 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 8 minutes ago
- › Grado GH-1 Discussion 9 minutes ago
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3