I will be using an iPhone 4 to drive them will they be good enough to drive the MTPG or do I just need to get the regular turbines???
Related Forum Threads
- IEM Deciding problem Last post on 8/22/12 at 6:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- what are the best earphones with serious quality for everyday use? Last post on 7/23/12 at 10:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE425 vs Monster Turbine Pro Gold. Last post on 8/12/11 at 4:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for a pair of IEM Last post on 1/30/11 at 4:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
Where do I start? These honestly sound like the HD600/650 in IEM form. My previous go to IEM was the Klipsch X10 ($100), followed by the Klipsch X20i ($539). What is amazing, is that the RE-400...
I want to thank the MezeTeam over at Head Fi for allowing me the chance to review the 99 Classics as part of their Tour. You can purchase the 99 Classics in three colors right from their...
Disclaimer: I received this earphone for free from the manufacturers. I did my best not to let that color my opinion on the product, but my impressions may not be entirely without bias. Shozy...
Introduction: The Effect Audio is a Singapore brand that is known by some famous aftermarket cables. They offer Ares and Thor series headphone/IEM cables as well as Piccolino Ultimate and Eros...
Turbine Pro Gold Questionspost #1 of 361/19/11 at 6:31pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 361/19/11 at 6:39pmQuote:
JUST...GET...THOSE turbine golds! (if you can comfortably afford them, I'd say the original turbines get you to about 80% of the turbine golds.post #3 of 361/19/11 at 6:48pm
I do it all the time. I personally think they sound better than my Etys or Shures (425) straight from my iPhone. The only iems that I own that sound better are my Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10s. They have a nice kick to the low-end that sounds great from a plain-jane iPhone. At home with an EQ, they need a little more work, but when you combine the great un-amped sound with the ease of putting in/taking out and the comfort factor, they're great iems for what you want.
If the money's no big deal, the Golds are really a HUGE step up from the regular Turbines (which are great little inexpensive earphones in their own right).post #4 of 361/19/11 at 6:50pmThread Starterpost #5 of 361/19/11 at 6:52pmpost #6 of 361/19/11 at 6:58pm
TOTALLY different sound. Very warm, with deep, controlled bass that you just don't get in the regular Turbines. Plus, they come with the Monster supertips, which are really extremely comfortable, and add a lot to the sound.post #7 of 361/19/11 at 6:59pmThread Starterpost #8 of 361/19/11 at 7:04pmpost #9 of 361/19/11 at 7:05pmThread Starterpost #10 of 361/19/11 at 7:08pmpost #11 of 361/19/11 at 7:30pm
you're overpaying for both, turbines go for about $60 in the used market, $170 from onecall.com for a NIb pair of golds (gotta call them asking for the best price though)post #12 of 361/19/11 at 7:47pmThread Starterpost #13 of 361/19/11 at 8:33pm
no, that's for the openbox deal, call them (yup, that means the telephone) ask them for the the lowest price they can give for the New mptg's and they should give you $170 as there best, if they give you something higher, call again laterpost #14 of 361/19/11 at 9:13pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Turbine Pro Gold Questions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Audeze LCD-4 44 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › The Altmann Tera-Player - Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 6 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA-8 7 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA... 8 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 16 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 16 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 16 minutes ago
- › Double Helix Cables Thread 18 minutes ago
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by flinkenick
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by getclikinagas
- › Yulong U100 by Spork67
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...