I will be using an iPhone 4 to drive them will they be good enough to drive the MTPG or do I just need to get the regular turbines???
Related Forum Threads
- IEM Deciding problem Last post on 8/22/12 at 6:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- what are the best earphones with serious quality for everyday use? Last post on 7/23/12 at 10:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE425 vs Monster Turbine Pro Gold. Last post on 8/12/11 at 4:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for a pair of IEM Last post on 1/30/11 at 4:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 12/26/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
This is the video review of the Cayin i5 Digital Audio Player. The player has been compared with iDSD Micro BL and Audeze Cypher cable for its sound qualities. Skip to 12 minutes 50 seconds mark...
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
Turbine Pro Gold Questionspost #1 of 361/19/11 at 6:31pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 361/19/11 at 6:39pmQuote:
JUST...GET...THOSE turbine golds! (if you can comfortably afford them, I'd say the original turbines get you to about 80% of the turbine golds.post #3 of 361/19/11 at 6:48pm
I do it all the time. I personally think they sound better than my Etys or Shures (425) straight from my iPhone. The only iems that I own that sound better are my Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10s. They have a nice kick to the low-end that sounds great from a plain-jane iPhone. At home with an EQ, they need a little more work, but when you combine the great un-amped sound with the ease of putting in/taking out and the comfort factor, they're great iems for what you want.
If the money's no big deal, the Golds are really a HUGE step up from the regular Turbines (which are great little inexpensive earphones in their own right).post #4 of 361/19/11 at 6:50pmThread Starterpost #5 of 361/19/11 at 6:52pmpost #6 of 361/19/11 at 6:58pm
TOTALLY different sound. Very warm, with deep, controlled bass that you just don't get in the regular Turbines. Plus, they come with the Monster supertips, which are really extremely comfortable, and add a lot to the sound.post #7 of 361/19/11 at 6:59pmThread Starterpost #8 of 361/19/11 at 7:04pmpost #9 of 361/19/11 at 7:05pmThread Starterpost #10 of 361/19/11 at 7:08pmpost #11 of 361/19/11 at 7:30pm
you're overpaying for both, turbines go for about $60 in the used market, $170 from onecall.com for a NIb pair of golds (gotta call them asking for the best price though)post #12 of 361/19/11 at 7:47pmThread Starterpost #13 of 361/19/11 at 8:33pm
no, that's for the openbox deal, call them (yup, that means the telephone) ask them for the the lowest price they can give for the New mptg's and they should give you $170 as there best, if they give you something higher, call again laterpost #14 of 361/19/11 at 9:13pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Turbine Pro Gold Questions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 18 seconds ago
- › VSonic GR07 MKII 20 seconds ago
- › The 6SN7 Identification Guide 39 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 1 minute ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › AKG K712 + custom OFC paracord cable (1.6m) [shipping from Sweden] 1 minute ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 1 minute ago
- › Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA 2 minutes ago
- › Are you a console or PC gamer? 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear