I will be using an iPhone 4 to drive them will they be good enough to drive the MTPG or do I just need to get the regular turbines???
Related Forum Threads
- IEM Deciding problem Last post on 8/22/12 at 6:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- what are the best earphones with serious quality for everyday use? Last post on 7/23/12 at 10:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE425 vs Monster Turbine Pro Gold. Last post on 8/12/11 at 4:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for a pair of IEM Last post on 1/30/11 at 4:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
Before the Lyr 2 I owned two hybrid headphone amplifiers: the Hifiman EF2A, and the Maverick Audio A1. What both those entry level amplifiers lacked was the power and sonic dynamics to drive my...
I've spent about a month with Cayin N6 DAP, and I'd like to share my thoughts about it. There is few really great reviews of this DAP, so I won't repeat them again, describing it's box,...
I bought this in october. I agree with other reviewers, the sound is definitely value for money you can read other reviews for that. However, the build quality is terrible. I took good...
"Low cost champion", "Best in it's own way"... i love the way how things work in this earphone business :) however, please do not worry, vaziyetu here to correct things (again). first of all,...
Turbine Pro Gold Questionspost #1 of 361/19/11 at 6:31pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 361/19/11 at 6:39pmQuote:
JUST...GET...THOSE turbine golds! (if you can comfortably afford them, I'd say the original turbines get you to about 80% of the turbine golds.post #3 of 361/19/11 at 6:48pm
I do it all the time. I personally think they sound better than my Etys or Shures (425) straight from my iPhone. The only iems that I own that sound better are my Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10s. They have a nice kick to the low-end that sounds great from a plain-jane iPhone. At home with an EQ, they need a little more work, but when you combine the great un-amped sound with the ease of putting in/taking out and the comfort factor, they're great iems for what you want.
If the money's no big deal, the Golds are really a HUGE step up from the regular Turbines (which are great little inexpensive earphones in their own right).post #4 of 361/19/11 at 6:50pmThread Starterpost #5 of 361/19/11 at 6:52pmpost #6 of 361/19/11 at 6:58pm
TOTALLY different sound. Very warm, with deep, controlled bass that you just don't get in the regular Turbines. Plus, they come with the Monster supertips, which are really extremely comfortable, and add a lot to the sound.post #7 of 361/19/11 at 6:59pmThread Starterpost #8 of 361/19/11 at 7:04pmpost #9 of 361/19/11 at 7:05pmThread Starterpost #10 of 361/19/11 at 7:08pmpost #11 of 361/19/11 at 7:30pm
you're overpaying for both, turbines go for about $60 in the used market, $170 from onecall.com for a NIb pair of golds (gotta call them asking for the best price though)post #12 of 361/19/11 at 7:47pmThread Starterpost #13 of 361/19/11 at 8:33pm
no, that's for the openbox deal, call them (yup, that means the telephone) ask them for the the lowest price they can give for the New mptg's and they should give you $170 as there best, if they give you something higher, call again laterpost #14 of 361/19/11 at 9:13pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Turbine Pro Gold Questions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Music Game IX 1 second ago
- › Band Name Game II 32 seconds ago
- › The ATH-AD700 Discussion Thread 42 seconds ago
- › Grado e Series 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Senn HD650 with sparkle and sharp punchy bass 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Open-Back Headphones - Sound leakage 4 minutes ago
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › Brainwavz Delta by vaziyetu
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99BT Solid Bass Bluetooth Headphones by Giogio
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2