I will be using an iPhone 4 to drive them will they be good enough to drive the MTPG or do I just need to get the regular turbines???
Related Forum Threads
- IEM Deciding problem Last post on 8/22/12 at 6:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- what are the best earphones with serious quality for everyday use? Last post on 7/23/12 at 10:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE425 vs Monster Turbine Pro Gold. Last post on 8/12/11 at 4:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for a pair of IEM Last post on 1/30/11 at 4:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I have owned my Audeze LCD 3f for about one year and have enjoyed the headphone immensely. The one thing that bothered me about the LCD 3 was the fact that they just seem to always be slightly...
-- The RBH EP3 is a brand new model succeeding the EP1 & EP2. ~ All photos were taken by me, no stock pictures from the manufacturer were used ~ *Packaging* Simple Box, but...
In 2012 Burson Audio introduced the Musician Series of headphone amplifiers that brought significant technical enhancements to their popular classic HA-160 line. Acknowledging that even the best...
Audio Technica has a long history of making wood-cupped headphones, both in limited edition and production models. The W2002, their first famous limited edition model, is now a highly...
Being a proud yet protective grandpa I was very interested when Brainwavz offered to let me review a pair of sound level attenuated headphones for kids. I would love to pass on my...
Turbine Pro Gold Questionspost #1 of 361/19/11 at 6:31pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 361/19/11 at 6:39pmQuote:
JUST...GET...THOSE turbine golds! (if you can comfortably afford them, I'd say the original turbines get you to about 80% of the turbine golds.post #3 of 361/19/11 at 6:48pm
I do it all the time. I personally think they sound better than my Etys or Shures (425) straight from my iPhone. The only iems that I own that sound better are my Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10s. They have a nice kick to the low-end that sounds great from a plain-jane iPhone. At home with an EQ, they need a little more work, but when you combine the great un-amped sound with the ease of putting in/taking out and the comfort factor, they're great iems for what you want.
If the money's no big deal, the Golds are really a HUGE step up from the regular Turbines (which are great little inexpensive earphones in their own right).post #4 of 361/19/11 at 6:50pmThread Starterpost #5 of 361/19/11 at 6:52pmpost #6 of 361/19/11 at 6:58pm
TOTALLY different sound. Very warm, with deep, controlled bass that you just don't get in the regular Turbines. Plus, they come with the Monster supertips, which are really extremely comfortable, and add a lot to the sound.post #7 of 361/19/11 at 6:59pmThread Starterpost #8 of 361/19/11 at 7:04pmpost #9 of 361/19/11 at 7:05pmThread Starterpost #10 of 361/19/11 at 7:08pmpost #11 of 361/19/11 at 7:30pm
you're overpaying for both, turbines go for about $60 in the used market, $170 from onecall.com for a NIb pair of golds (gotta call them asking for the best price though)post #12 of 361/19/11 at 7:47pmThread Starterpost #13 of 361/19/11 at 8:33pm
no, that's for the openbox deal, call them (yup, that means the telephone) ask them for the the lowest price they can give for the New mptg's and they should give you $170 as there best, if they give you something higher, call again laterpost #14 of 361/19/11 at 9:13pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Turbine Pro Gold Questions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 17 seconds ago
- › Hidizs AP100 (DAP) Support Team - Now on Head-fi! 21 seconds ago
- › New member..but not new hifi crazy 57 seconds ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 59 seconds ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › iPod Nano 4GB 3rd generation 2 minutes ago
- › Music you're too embarrassed to admit that you listen to (but will... 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iUSB3.0 launch. Names back in the hat and new #2 Winner! (page 24) 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-1000 by Blackrain
- › RBH EP-3 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Burson Audio Conductor Virtuoso DAC1 ESS9018 DAC and Headphone Preamp by iDesign
- › Audio-Technica ATH-W1000Z by Currawong
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by shockdoc
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by Arvan
- › Pro-Ject Audio Head Box S USB by dnun8086
- › JVC Full-Size Headphones - Model HA-RX700 Wired Headphones by audiophilefan
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by audiophilefan
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2