try digizoid zo it helps 262's by adding bass and boosting entire frequency spectrum.
Related Forum Threads
- Q701 users, what dac/amp are you using? Last post on 9/9/11 at 5:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Review: NwAvGuy's O2 DIY Amplifier Last post on 4/3/12 at 11:13pm in Sound Science
- Best bassboost amps in 120$ range? Last post on 8/14/11 at 9:14am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best Amp for Around $100? Last post on 5/18/11 at 3:45pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp recommendation for D1100 Last post on 8/3/11 at 3:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
Inexpensive amp for RE262 - Page 2post #16 of 329/5/11 at 11:38am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 329/5/11 at 12:51pmpost #18 of 329/5/11 at 3:13pm
The E11 does wonderfully with my 262's - With bass setting at 1, high gain, high power, seems to work a treat
I actually went and stole the Mini^3 I sold to my dad and although it does add a lot of clarity and lifts them from being quite dry, I still prefer the E11 with these.
The E6 actually does ok, but I need to add a slight bit of EQ from either my Cowon or Clip+ with them - So I'm just sticking with the E11 for nowpost #19 of 329/6/11 at 10:01ampost #20 of 329/6/11 at 7:39pmpost #21 of 3210/4/11 at 12:10am
So is there a significant benefit from amping the 262's as opposed to using them directly from a DAP (such as the iPod classic)? In desperate need of some new IEM's and the 262 seem to tick all the boxes except that they are (apparently) hard to drive. I'm not sure if I want to be carrying an amp around just yet.post #22 of 322/7/12 at 7:48pm
I'm expecting my RE-262 later this week.
I have the PA2V2 however did not find much difference with the RE-0 or HF-5 other than slight increase in bass.
Would the iBasso T3 make a noticeable difference.post #23 of 322/9/12 at 6:49pmpost #24 of 322/10/12 at 2:04am
I am running my new 262's through an E7 and am very happy with what I hear. When comparing directly with the output straight from my 5.5g iPod there is a noticeable difference, though I am never really happy with the headphone output on that device. I do not have any experience with other portable amps though.post #25 of 322/28/12 at 7:56pmpost #26 of 323/1/12 at 12:33pmI just got some 262s and i'm loving the unamped sound already from my ipad2 and iphone 4. They really are a huge step up from anything i've heard before.
Since i don't have experience with amps and want something super small (smaller than my iphone), i was going to get an E6 for them. Is the general view that they need a bit more power than that?
If so, are there any other small, attractive (ie. which don't look homemade) and cheapish which would suit the 262s?post #27 of 323/2/12 at 5:35pmpost #28 of 323/3/12 at 5:12ampost #29 of 323/22/12 at 8:42pmQuote:
Can you comment on any difference in sound with and without the E7?post #30 of 327/16/12 at 8:06pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Inexpensive amp for RE262
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Appreciation Thread 44 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 50 seconds ago
- › Rockbox is coming very soon to iBasso DX90 2 minutes ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HD650 vs HE-300/400 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 4 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)