try digizoid zo it helps 262's by adding bass and boosting entire frequency spectrum.
Related Forum Threads
- Q701 users, what dac/amp are you using? Last post on 9/9/11 at 5:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Review: NwAvGuy's O2 DIY Amplifier Last post on 4/3/12 at 11:13pm in Sound Science
- Best bassboost amps in 120$ range? Last post on 8/14/11 at 9:14am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best Amp for Around $100? Last post on 5/18/11 at 3:45pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp recommendation for D1100 Last post on 8/3/11 at 3:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These are my first ever Grado's and I LOVE them, too bad I have to send them out to the next guy. I was always fascinated by Grado's ever since I saw Auggie's RS2's on Covert Affairs. I just...
The ud110 was recommended in a few different serious threads in the audio community, and I was intrigued to say the least, myself looking for more affordable options with out sacrificing too...
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
Inexpensive amp for RE262 - Page 2post #16 of 329/5/11 at 11:38am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 329/5/11 at 12:51pmpost #18 of 329/5/11 at 3:13pm
The E11 does wonderfully with my 262's - With bass setting at 1, high gain, high power, seems to work a treat
I actually went and stole the Mini^3 I sold to my dad and although it does add a lot of clarity and lifts them from being quite dry, I still prefer the E11 with these.
The E6 actually does ok, but I need to add a slight bit of EQ from either my Cowon or Clip+ with them - So I'm just sticking with the E11 for nowpost #19 of 329/6/11 at 10:01ampost #20 of 329/6/11 at 7:39pmpost #21 of 3210/4/11 at 12:10am
So is there a significant benefit from amping the 262's as opposed to using them directly from a DAP (such as the iPod classic)? In desperate need of some new IEM's and the 262 seem to tick all the boxes except that they are (apparently) hard to drive. I'm not sure if I want to be carrying an amp around just yet.post #22 of 322/7/12 at 7:48pm
I'm expecting my RE-262 later this week.
I have the PA2V2 however did not find much difference with the RE-0 or HF-5 other than slight increase in bass.
Would the iBasso T3 make a noticeable difference.post #23 of 322/9/12 at 6:49pmpost #24 of 322/10/12 at 2:04am
I am running my new 262's through an E7 and am very happy with what I hear. When comparing directly with the output straight from my 5.5g iPod there is a noticeable difference, though I am never really happy with the headphone output on that device. I do not have any experience with other portable amps though.post #25 of 322/28/12 at 7:56pmpost #26 of 323/1/12 at 12:33pmI just got some 262s and i'm loving the unamped sound already from my ipad2 and iphone 4. They really are a huge step up from anything i've heard before.
Since i don't have experience with amps and want something super small (smaller than my iphone), i was going to get an E6 for them. Is the general view that they need a bit more power than that?
If so, are there any other small, attractive (ie. which don't look homemade) and cheapish which would suit the 262s?post #27 of 323/2/12 at 5:35pmpost #28 of 323/3/12 at 5:12ampost #29 of 323/22/12 at 8:42pmQuote:
Can you comment on any difference in sound with and without the E7?post #30 of 327/16/12 at 8:06pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Inexpensive amp for RE262
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 10 seconds ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 11 seconds ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 17 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 24 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 33 seconds ago
- › jh audio roxanne vs fitear 335dw 3 minutes ago
- › Frequencies, Hertz-es, Ohm-ses..tired of them ? Visit the FUN... 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Senn HD 558 vs Fidelio X1 vs HiFiMan He 400 5 minutes ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Prestige Series SR60e Headphones by Nada190
- › Stoner Acoustics UD110 V2 by WhiskeyJacks
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)