try digizoid zo it helps 262's by adding bass and boosting entire frequency spectrum.
Related Forum Threads
- Q701 users, what dac/amp are you using? Last post on 9/9/11 at 5:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Review: NwAvGuy's O2 DIY Amplifier Last post on 4/3/12 at 11:13pm in Sound Science
- Best bassboost amps in 120$ range? Last post on 8/14/11 at 9:14am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best Amp for Around $100? Last post on 5/18/11 at 3:45pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp recommendation for D1100 Last post on 8/3/11 at 3:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I took the scenic route to loving these headphones and almost sold it a couple of times. I picked these up for free thanks to a promotion my carrier Freedom mobile was doing where if you buy the LG...
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair...
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
These are just plain excellent. I was never really a believer in IEMs, but I am now. These Philips SHE3590s are a real eye-opener. According to the ratings here on Head-Fi, these do, in fact,...
Lately it seems that almost every week there are new (or at least unheard of by most) companies releasing new DAPs (Digital Audio Players). This is great for the consumer because more products...
Inexpensive amp for RE262 - Page 2post #16 of 329/5/11 at 11:38am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 329/5/11 at 12:51pmpost #18 of 329/5/11 at 3:13pm
The E11 does wonderfully with my 262's - With bass setting at 1, high gain, high power, seems to work a treat
I actually went and stole the Mini^3 I sold to my dad and although it does add a lot of clarity and lifts them from being quite dry, I still prefer the E11 with these.
The E6 actually does ok, but I need to add a slight bit of EQ from either my Cowon or Clip+ with them - So I'm just sticking with the E11 for nowpost #19 of 329/6/11 at 10:01ampost #20 of 329/6/11 at 7:39pmpost #21 of 3210/4/11 at 12:10am
So is there a significant benefit from amping the 262's as opposed to using them directly from a DAP (such as the iPod classic)? In desperate need of some new IEM's and the 262 seem to tick all the boxes except that they are (apparently) hard to drive. I'm not sure if I want to be carrying an amp around just yet.post #22 of 322/7/12 at 7:48pm
I'm expecting my RE-262 later this week.
I have the PA2V2 however did not find much difference with the RE-0 or HF-5 other than slight increase in bass.
Would the iBasso T3 make a noticeable difference.post #23 of 322/9/12 at 6:49pmpost #24 of 322/10/12 at 2:04am
I am running my new 262's through an E7 and am very happy with what I hear. When comparing directly with the output straight from my 5.5g iPod there is a noticeable difference, though I am never really happy with the headphone output on that device. I do not have any experience with other portable amps though.post #25 of 322/28/12 at 7:56pmpost #26 of 323/1/12 at 12:33pmI just got some 262s and i'm loving the unamped sound already from my ipad2 and iphone 4. They really are a huge step up from anything i've heard before.
Since i don't have experience with amps and want something super small (smaller than my iphone), i was going to get an E6 for them. Is the general view that they need a bit more power than that?
If so, are there any other small, attractive (ie. which don't look homemade) and cheapish which would suit the 262s?post #27 of 323/2/12 at 5:35pmpost #28 of 323/3/12 at 5:12ampost #29 of 323/22/12 at 8:42pmQuote:
Can you comment on any difference in sound with and without the E7?post #30 of 327/16/12 at 8:06pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Inexpensive amp for RE262
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Onkyo A800 and H900M full-size headphones - shipping March 2016 55 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › AAW Capri Balanced Lightning Audio Cable, with Type-C variant 1 minute ago
- › Gustard A20H DAC (Dual AK4497EQ, analog preamp, headphone amp, all... 1 minute ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget dual mono... 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 4 minutes ago
- › What site should I "click through" when making a new purchase? 7 minutes ago
- › The Zishan dsd's corner 7 minutes ago
- › Prog rock 7 minutes ago
- › Tip for ~$250 budget: Best Portable DAC/Amp now, used as DAC only... 7 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear