Hi guys. I am about to get some RE262s, but I want to get as much out of them as possible and since they are pretty hard to drive (150 Ohm), I think I will need some sort of a dedicated amp for them. My question is - which inexpensive amp will you recommend for RE262 from your experience? My budget is around $100-$150, but if there exists a decent amp that can improve the sound of unamped RE262s for under $100, I would probably rather get that one.
Related Forum Threads
- Q701 users, what dac/amp are you using? Last post on 9/9/11 at 5:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Review: NwAvGuy's O2 DIY Amplifier Last post on 4/3/12 at 11:13pm in Sound Science
- Best bassboost amps in 120$ range? Last post on 8/14/11 at 9:14am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best Amp for Around $100? Last post on 5/18/11 at 3:45pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp recommendation for D1100 Last post on 8/3/11 at 3:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
In the present state of portable audio markets, with one-upmanship of driver counts (and prices) fast becoming the norm, Campfire Audio has blazed its own path by offering immaculately crafted,...
VIDEO REVIEW ALL REVIEWS ARE CREATED BY SOULSIKREVIEWS.COM AND MORE DETAILED REVIEW CAN BE FOUND ON THE WEBSITE INTRODUCTION We reviewed the VE Monk Plus recently and fell in love with it. The...
VIDEO REVIEW ALL REVIEW ARE DONE @ SOULSIKREVIEWS.COM and more insightful review can be found on our site. INTRODUCTION If you are on a budget then you are in for some good luck because...
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Intro Meze Headphones is a company with a simple philosophy; Motivation, Values, People. With a passion for art and music, achieved through patience and dedication, Meze design...
Inexpensive amp for RE262post #1 of 321/19/11 at 9:21amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 321/19/11 at 1:14pm
you know what, i didnt try mine but id wager the icon mobile would suit them. if dont remember to come back and say within a couple of days pm me and remind me to.post #3 of 321/19/11 at 2:47pm
Brilliant - you finally took the plunge eh?
I'm eager to hear your thoughts once they arrive. I reckon you'll love em.....
As for amps, I dunno - I use the Arrow but thats outside your budget. Am sure you can get plenty recommendations if you ask same question in portable amp forum though....
post #4 of 321/19/11 at 5:31pm
I would recommend something like the iBasso T3. It's a nice little amp and it works just fine. It's also nice if you have a smaller dap and not one of those with touch screens since the form factor for those players with the amp is nice.
I used the T3 and RE262 a bit and liked it. I didn't use the RE262 very often portable but when I did I had it paired with the T3.
Also I don't really think they are as hard to drive as one would think they would be.post #5 of 321/19/11 at 5:41pm
T3 seems to be one of the best choice on that price range, or if you want, wait for the upcoming FiiO E11. A cmoyBB with AD8620 is around $100 as well, and sound really good to my ear. Or you can try to look for a deal in the for sale forum and see if something life a mini3 will pop up or not.post #6 of 321/21/11 at 2:15pmThread Starterpost #7 of 321/21/11 at 5:08pm
I can't wait to hear more about the E11. I really want to get a amp to go with the ER4P but I might wait to hear what people say bout the E11. For what its worth the most recommended cheaper amp (from posting in threads and pming individuals) has been the ibasso T3 or T3D. I was asking specifically for the ER4P though.post #8 of 321/24/11 at 8:57pmpost #9 of 324/17/11 at 4:29ampost #10 of 325/9/11 at 5:19pm
anyone wanna answer thispost #11 of 325/9/11 at 9:54pmpost #12 of 325/10/11 at 5:05am
If you like it's sound signature then the PA2V2 should be great for them. It will provide all of the power that they need, and shouldn't really change their sound signature much (if at all). From my experience the PA2V2 is a fairly neutral amp.
I haven't heard the re262, with or without the PA2V2, so take this with a grain of salt.post #13 of 325/10/11 at 1:05pmpost #14 of 325/10/11 at 1:31pmpost #15 of 329/5/11 at 3:29am
Been listening to my pair of 262s paired with a PA2V2 for a couple of months now. Amping greatly improves the quality of the sound and, as noted above the PA2V2 just gives a very neutral boost to the original signature, maybe with a slightly warmer hue. I'd recommend the combination as a relatively inexpensive setup. The overall sound is very impressive.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Inexpensive amp for RE262
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › ZMF Ori (Omni) - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 12 seconds ago
- › Official Schiit Vali 2 Thread 20 seconds ago
- › Periodic Audio IEMs Mg, Ti, Be 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS... 1 minute ago
- › Xonar DX vs SoundBlaster Z, using Senn. PC363D. 2 minutes ago
- › Please help a Car Audio guy! 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 3 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear