Hi guys. I am about to get some RE262s, but I want to get as much out of them as possible and since they are pretty hard to drive (150 Ohm), I think I will need some sort of a dedicated amp for them. My question is - which inexpensive amp will you recommend for RE262 from your experience? My budget is around $100-$150, but if there exists a decent amp that can improve the sound of unamped RE262s for under $100, I would probably rather get that one.
Related Forum Threads
- Q701 users, what dac/amp are you using? Last post on 9/9/11 at 5:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Review: NwAvGuy's O2 DIY Amplifier Last post on 4/3/12 at 11:13pm in Sound Science
- Best bassboost amps in 120$ range? Last post on 8/14/11 at 9:14am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best Amp for Around $100? Last post on 5/18/11 at 3:45pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp recommendation for D1100 Last post on 8/3/11 at 3:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This review was copy pasted from the Sound Blaster X7 thread with minor edits to make it appeal to broader audience. Intro First of all, I would really like to thank Andrew Sparks, the man...
I first used these as monitoring headphones for recording. They quickly moved out of my home studio and now I use them everywhere. I have one pair at home and one pair at work. I also take them...
The Good: Price/Quality ratio; Comfort; Bass quality/quantity; Musicality; Imaging. The Bad: Requires a powerful amplifier. Tonal Balance: V-Shaped Style: Circumaural semi-open. Cost: $250 at...
Xduoo X3 review : After two months of daily use, the Xduoo X3 give me already enough pleasure to make me want to share my enthusiast impressions about him to headfiers around the...
Coming from Sennheiser HD-600, 580s, Ety ER-4s, Fiio X1s, AKG 701s, Momentum 2.0s, etc. I didn't know exactly what to expect out of this headphones. They are, after all, Sonys. And Sony can build...
Inexpensive amp for RE262post #1 of 321/19/11 at 9:21amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 321/19/11 at 1:14pm
you know what, i didnt try mine but id wager the icon mobile would suit them. if dont remember to come back and say within a couple of days pm me and remind me to.post #3 of 321/19/11 at 2:47pm
Brilliant - you finally took the plunge eh?
I'm eager to hear your thoughts once they arrive. I reckon you'll love em.....
As for amps, I dunno - I use the Arrow but thats outside your budget. Am sure you can get plenty recommendations if you ask same question in portable amp forum though....
post #4 of 321/19/11 at 5:31pm
I would recommend something like the iBasso T3. It's a nice little amp and it works just fine. It's also nice if you have a smaller dap and not one of those with touch screens since the form factor for those players with the amp is nice.
I used the T3 and RE262 a bit and liked it. I didn't use the RE262 very often portable but when I did I had it paired with the T3.
Also I don't really think they are as hard to drive as one would think they would be.post #5 of 321/19/11 at 5:41pm
T3 seems to be one of the best choice on that price range, or if you want, wait for the upcoming FiiO E11. A cmoyBB with AD8620 is around $100 as well, and sound really good to my ear. Or you can try to look for a deal in the for sale forum and see if something life a mini3 will pop up or not.post #6 of 321/21/11 at 2:15pmThread Starterpost #7 of 321/21/11 at 5:08pm
I can't wait to hear more about the E11. I really want to get a amp to go with the ER4P but I might wait to hear what people say bout the E11. For what its worth the most recommended cheaper amp (from posting in threads and pming individuals) has been the ibasso T3 or T3D. I was asking specifically for the ER4P though.post #8 of 321/24/11 at 8:57pmpost #9 of 324/17/11 at 4:29ampost #10 of 325/9/11 at 5:19pm
anyone wanna answer thispost #11 of 325/9/11 at 9:54pmpost #12 of 325/10/11 at 5:05am
If you like it's sound signature then the PA2V2 should be great for them. It will provide all of the power that they need, and shouldn't really change their sound signature much (if at all). From my experience the PA2V2 is a fairly neutral amp.
I haven't heard the re262, with or without the PA2V2, so take this with a grain of salt.post #13 of 325/10/11 at 1:05pmpost #14 of 325/10/11 at 1:31pmpost #15 of 329/5/11 at 3:29am
Been listening to my pair of 262s paired with a PA2V2 for a couple of months now. Amping greatly improves the quality of the sound and, as noted above the PA2V2 just gives a very neutral boost to the original signature, maybe with a slightly warmer hue. I'd recommend the combination as a relatively inexpensive setup. The overall sound is very impressive.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Inexpensive amp for RE262
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › De'Mun / Bengkel Macro 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 5 minutes ago
- › Need a small case for my SE846s 5 minutes ago
- › Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 6 minutes ago
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...