Hi guys. I am about to get some RE262s, but I want to get as much out of them as possible and since they are pretty hard to drive (150 Ohm), I think I will need some sort of a dedicated amp for them. My question is - which inexpensive amp will you recommend for RE262 from your experience? My budget is around $100-$150, but if there exists a decent amp that can improve the sound of unamped RE262s for under $100, I would probably rather get that one.
Related Forum Threads
- Q701 users, what dac/amp are you using? Last post on 9/9/11 at 5:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Review: NwAvGuy's O2 DIY Amplifier Last post on 4/3/12 at 11:13pm in Sound Science
- Best bassboost amps in 120$ range? Last post on 8/14/11 at 9:14am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best Amp for Around $100? Last post on 5/18/11 at 3:45pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp recommendation for D1100 Last post on 8/3/11 at 3:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Inexpensive amp for RE262post #1 of 321/19/11 at 9:21amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 321/19/11 at 1:14pmpost #3 of 321/19/11 at 2:47pm
Brilliant - you finally took the plunge eh?
I'm eager to hear your thoughts once they arrive. I reckon you'll love em.....
As for amps, I dunno - I use the Arrow but thats outside your budget. Am sure you can get plenty recommendations if you ask same question in portable amp forum though....
post #4 of 321/19/11 at 5:31pm
I would recommend something like the iBasso T3. It's a nice little amp and it works just fine. It's also nice if you have a smaller dap and not one of those with touch screens since the form factor for those players with the amp is nice.
I used the T3 and RE262 a bit and liked it. I didn't use the RE262 very often portable but when I did I had it paired with the T3.
Also I don't really think they are as hard to drive as one would think they would be.post #5 of 321/19/11 at 5:41pm
T3 seems to be one of the best choice on that price range, or if you want, wait for the upcoming FiiO E11. A cmoyBB with AD8620 is around $100 as well, and sound really good to my ear. Or you can try to look for a deal in the for sale forum and see if something life a mini3 will pop up or not.post #6 of 321/21/11 at 2:15pmThread Starterpost #7 of 321/21/11 at 5:08pm
I can't wait to hear more about the E11. I really want to get a amp to go with the ER4P but I might wait to hear what people say bout the E11. For what its worth the most recommended cheaper amp (from posting in threads and pming individuals) has been the ibasso T3 or T3D. I was asking specifically for the ER4P though.post #8 of 321/24/11 at 8:57pmpost #9 of 324/17/11 at 4:29ampost #10 of 325/9/11 at 5:19pmpost #11 of 325/9/11 at 9:54pmpost #12 of 325/10/11 at 5:05am
If you like it's sound signature then the PA2V2 should be great for them. It will provide all of the power that they need, and shouldn't really change their sound signature much (if at all). From my experience the PA2V2 is a fairly neutral amp.
I haven't heard the re262, with or without the PA2V2, so take this with a grain of salt.post #13 of 325/10/11 at 1:05pmpost #14 of 325/10/11 at 1:31pmpost #15 of 329/5/11 at 3:29am
Been listening to my pair of 262s paired with a PA2V2 for a couple of months now. Amping greatly improves the quality of the sound and, as noted above the PA2V2 just gives a very neutral boost to the original signature, maybe with a slightly warmer hue. I'd recommend the combination as a relatively inexpensive setup. The overall sound is very impressive.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Inexpensive amp for RE262
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › A sad day for me. I need some assistance in making a choice. 6 seconds ago
- › Bravo V2 Amp - Sketchy Ordering 26 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 34 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.6 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 2 minutes ago
- › Cans/Amp/DAC combo, $500 Budget 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FX40 | Believe the hype! 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital