Hi guys. I am about to get some RE262s, but I want to get as much out of them as possible and since they are pretty hard to drive (150 Ohm), I think I will need some sort of a dedicated amp for them. My question is - which inexpensive amp will you recommend for RE262 from your experience? My budget is around $100-$150, but if there exists a decent amp that can improve the sound of unamped RE262s for under $100, I would probably rather get that one.
Related Forum Threads
- Q701 users, what dac/amp are you using? Last post on 9/9/11 at 5:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Review: NwAvGuy's O2 DIY Amplifier Last post on 4/3/12 at 11:13pm in Sound Science
- Best bassboost amps in 120$ range? Last post on 8/14/11 at 9:14am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best Amp for Around $100? Last post on 5/18/11 at 3:45pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp recommendation for D1100 Last post on 8/3/11 at 3:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
Inexpensive amp for RE262post #1 of 321/19/11 at 9:21amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 321/19/11 at 1:14pmpost #3 of 321/19/11 at 2:47pm
Brilliant - you finally took the plunge eh?
I'm eager to hear your thoughts once they arrive. I reckon you'll love em.....
As for amps, I dunno - I use the Arrow but thats outside your budget. Am sure you can get plenty recommendations if you ask same question in portable amp forum though....
post #4 of 321/19/11 at 5:31pm
I would recommend something like the iBasso T3. It's a nice little amp and it works just fine. It's also nice if you have a smaller dap and not one of those with touch screens since the form factor for those players with the amp is nice.
I used the T3 and RE262 a bit and liked it. I didn't use the RE262 very often portable but when I did I had it paired with the T3.
Also I don't really think they are as hard to drive as one would think they would be.post #5 of 321/19/11 at 5:41pm
T3 seems to be one of the best choice on that price range, or if you want, wait for the upcoming FiiO E11. A cmoyBB with AD8620 is around $100 as well, and sound really good to my ear. Or you can try to look for a deal in the for sale forum and see if something life a mini3 will pop up or not.post #6 of 321/21/11 at 2:15pmThread Starterpost #7 of 321/21/11 at 5:08pm
I can't wait to hear more about the E11. I really want to get a amp to go with the ER4P but I might wait to hear what people say bout the E11. For what its worth the most recommended cheaper amp (from posting in threads and pming individuals) has been the ibasso T3 or T3D. I was asking specifically for the ER4P though.post #8 of 321/24/11 at 8:57pmpost #9 of 324/17/11 at 4:29ampost #10 of 325/9/11 at 5:19pm
anyone wanna answer thispost #11 of 325/9/11 at 9:54pmpost #12 of 325/10/11 at 5:05am
If you like it's sound signature then the PA2V2 should be great for them. It will provide all of the power that they need, and shouldn't really change their sound signature much (if at all). From my experience the PA2V2 is a fairly neutral amp.
I haven't heard the re262, with or without the PA2V2, so take this with a grain of salt.post #13 of 325/10/11 at 1:05pmpost #14 of 325/10/11 at 1:31pmpost #15 of 329/5/11 at 3:29am
Been listening to my pair of 262s paired with a PA2V2 for a couple of months now. Amping greatly improves the quality of the sound and, as noted above the PA2V2 just gives a very neutral boost to the original signature, maybe with a slightly warmer hue. I'd recommend the combination as a relatively inexpensive setup. The overall sound is very impressive.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Inexpensive amp for RE262
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Z623 vs creative t3 -- what should i get? 20 seconds ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 2 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 7 minutes ago
- › converting mp3 8 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 8 minutes ago
- › Fiio X1 impressions 8 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 16 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)