Hi guys. I am about to get some RE262s, but I want to get as much out of them as possible and since they are pretty hard to drive (150 Ohm), I think I will need some sort of a dedicated amp for them. My question is - which inexpensive amp will you recommend for RE262 from your experience? My budget is around $100-$150, but if there exists a decent amp that can improve the sound of unamped RE262s for under $100, I would probably rather get that one.
Related Forum Threads
- Q701 users, what dac/amp are you using? Last post on 9/9/11 at 5:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Review: NwAvGuy's O2 DIY Amplifier Last post on 4/3/12 at 11:13pm in Sound Science
- Best bassboost amps in 120$ range? Last post on 8/14/11 at 9:14am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best Amp for Around $100? Last post on 5/18/11 at 3:45pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp recommendation for D1100 Last post on 8/3/11 at 3:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
DUNU DN-2000 Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/728105/dunu-dn-2000-review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Brief: DUNU take’s it to the top. Price: US$316 or £186...
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
Inexpensive amp for RE262post #1 of 321/19/11 at 9:21amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 321/19/11 at 1:14pmpost #3 of 321/19/11 at 2:47pm
Brilliant - you finally took the plunge eh?
I'm eager to hear your thoughts once they arrive. I reckon you'll love em.....
As for amps, I dunno - I use the Arrow but thats outside your budget. Am sure you can get plenty recommendations if you ask same question in portable amp forum though....
post #4 of 321/19/11 at 5:31pm
I would recommend something like the iBasso T3. It's a nice little amp and it works just fine. It's also nice if you have a smaller dap and not one of those with touch screens since the form factor for those players with the amp is nice.
I used the T3 and RE262 a bit and liked it. I didn't use the RE262 very often portable but when I did I had it paired with the T3.
Also I don't really think they are as hard to drive as one would think they would be.post #5 of 321/19/11 at 5:41pm
T3 seems to be one of the best choice on that price range, or if you want, wait for the upcoming FiiO E11. A cmoyBB with AD8620 is around $100 as well, and sound really good to my ear. Or you can try to look for a deal in the for sale forum and see if something life a mini3 will pop up or not.post #6 of 321/21/11 at 2:15pmThread Starterpost #7 of 321/21/11 at 5:08pm
I can't wait to hear more about the E11. I really want to get a amp to go with the ER4P but I might wait to hear what people say bout the E11. For what its worth the most recommended cheaper amp (from posting in threads and pming individuals) has been the ibasso T3 or T3D. I was asking specifically for the ER4P though.post #8 of 321/24/11 at 8:57pmpost #9 of 324/17/11 at 4:29ampost #10 of 325/9/11 at 5:19pmpost #11 of 325/9/11 at 9:54pmpost #12 of 325/10/11 at 5:05am
If you like it's sound signature then the PA2V2 should be great for them. It will provide all of the power that they need, and shouldn't really change their sound signature much (if at all). From my experience the PA2V2 is a fairly neutral amp.
I haven't heard the re262, with or without the PA2V2, so take this with a grain of salt.post #13 of 325/10/11 at 1:05pmpost #14 of 325/10/11 at 1:31pmpost #15 of 329/5/11 at 3:29am
Been listening to my pair of 262s paired with a PA2V2 for a couple of months now. Amping greatly improves the quality of the sound and, as noted above the PA2V2 just gives a very neutral boost to the original signature, maybe with a slightly warmer hue. I'd recommend the combination as a relatively inexpensive setup. The overall sound is very impressive.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Inexpensive amp for RE262
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 22 seconds ago
- › LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING 30 seconds ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 49 seconds ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 59 seconds ago
- › What is the best in-ear that people think Etymotic make? 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Philips FIdelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by mark2410
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)