Hi guys. I am about to get some RE262s, but I want to get as much out of them as possible and since they are pretty hard to drive (150 Ohm), I think I will need some sort of a dedicated amp for them. My question is - which inexpensive amp will you recommend for RE262 from your experience? My budget is around $100-$150, but if there exists a decent amp that can improve the sound of unamped RE262s for under $100, I would probably rather get that one.
Related Forum Threads
- Q701 users, what dac/amp are you using? Last post on 9/9/11 at 5:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Review: NwAvGuy's O2 DIY Amplifier Last post on 4/3/12 at 11:13pm in Sound Science
- Best bassboost amps in 120$ range? Last post on 8/14/11 at 9:14am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best Amp for Around $100? Last post on 5/18/11 at 3:45pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp recommendation for D1100 Last post on 8/3/11 at 3:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Edited on 8/18/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Edited on 12/28/12
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideEdited on 11/14/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
Reposting my original review from Amazon.com - these headphones are just too good to be left in the dustbin of history - for instance, I just bought a pair of Monoprice MEP-933, listed everywhere...
Somehow, the Ballad of Jed Clampett comes to mind, as I start to write this. You know, the Beverly Hillbillies. He was living his life, struck gold, and everything changed. That's kind of what...
Hi, Head-fiers. This is my first post as a newbie in the forum. I will give a short introduction of myself. I am 18 years old currently studying in high-school. I love headphones because...
Build Quality: For something hand built, the overall build quality is quite good. Of course, it isn’t nearly as perfect as something from a plastic molding machine but it is far ahead from the...
Disclaimer: My only other good cans to compare these to are Beyerdynamics DT770 (250). I fully realize this review will be biased because of that. So please keep that in mind. This review is my...
Inexpensive amp for RE262post #1 of 321/19/11 at 9:21amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 321/19/11 at 1:14pmpost #3 of 321/19/11 at 2:47pm
Brilliant - you finally took the plunge eh?
I'm eager to hear your thoughts once they arrive. I reckon you'll love em.....
As for amps, I dunno - I use the Arrow but thats outside your budget. Am sure you can get plenty recommendations if you ask same question in portable amp forum though....
post #4 of 321/19/11 at 5:31pm
I would recommend something like the iBasso T3. It's a nice little amp and it works just fine. It's also nice if you have a smaller dap and not one of those with touch screens since the form factor for those players with the amp is nice.
I used the T3 and RE262 a bit and liked it. I didn't use the RE262 very often portable but when I did I had it paired with the T3.
Also I don't really think they are as hard to drive as one would think they would be.post #5 of 321/19/11 at 5:41pm
T3 seems to be one of the best choice on that price range, or if you want, wait for the upcoming FiiO E11. A cmoyBB with AD8620 is around $100 as well, and sound really good to my ear. Or you can try to look for a deal in the for sale forum and see if something life a mini3 will pop up or not.post #6 of 321/21/11 at 2:15pmThread Starterpost #7 of 321/21/11 at 5:08pm
I can't wait to hear more about the E11. I really want to get a amp to go with the ER4P but I might wait to hear what people say bout the E11. For what its worth the most recommended cheaper amp (from posting in threads and pming individuals) has been the ibasso T3 or T3D. I was asking specifically for the ER4P though.post #8 of 321/24/11 at 8:57pmpost #9 of 324/17/11 at 4:29ampost #10 of 325/9/11 at 5:19pmpost #11 of 325/9/11 at 9:54pmpost #12 of 325/10/11 at 5:05am
If you like it's sound signature then the PA2V2 should be great for them. It will provide all of the power that they need, and shouldn't really change their sound signature much (if at all). From my experience the PA2V2 is a fairly neutral amp.
I haven't heard the re262, with or without the PA2V2, so take this with a grain of salt.post #13 of 325/10/11 at 1:05pmpost #14 of 325/10/11 at 1:31pmpost #15 of 329/5/11 at 3:29am
Been listening to my pair of 262s paired with a PA2V2 for a couple of months now. Amping greatly improves the quality of the sound and, as noted above the PA2V2 just gives a very neutral boost to the original signature, maybe with a slightly warmer hue. I'd recommend the combination as a relatively inexpensive setup. The overall sound is very impressive.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Inexpensive amp for RE262
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
- › Is burn in real or placebo? 1 second ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 9 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 9 seconds ago
- › My UE900 with box, most acessories (used some tips) for your... 10 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 12 seconds ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 1 minute ago
- › FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread 1 minute ago
- › Head-Fi-dentification! 2 minutes ago
- › Need a recommendation for the Best Closed Circumaural headphones... 3 minutes ago
- › How to prepare Piccolino wire the easy way 4 minutes ago
- › Philips in-Ear Headphones Crystal Sound SHE9620/28 (Rose Gold) by DozerCSX
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Sennheiser Momentum by iSennheiser
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones by UmustBKidn
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by daleb
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe