Hi guys. I am about to get some RE262s, but I want to get as much out of them as possible and since they are pretty hard to drive (150 Ohm), I think I will need some sort of a dedicated amp for them. My question is - which inexpensive amp will you recommend for RE262 from your experience? My budget is around $100-$150, but if there exists a decent amp that can improve the sound of unamped RE262s for under $100, I would probably rather get that one.
Related Forum Threads
- Q701 users, what dac/amp are you using? Last post on 9/9/11 at 5:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Review: NwAvGuy's O2 DIY Amplifier Last post on 4/3/12 at 11:13pm in Sound Science
- Best bassboost amps in 120$ range? Last post on 8/14/11 at 9:14am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best Amp for Around $100? Last post on 5/18/11 at 3:45pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp recommendation for D1100 Last post on 8/3/11 at 3:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Bought these bad boys on sale from Harman Audio. Very clear and balanced sound for the price range, I have also had some good Grado SR80i headphones that I gave to my brother but the AKG K550 has...
Introduction Based on the very successful Delta earphones previously, Brainwavz has come up with a second version of the Delta’s, now upgraded with Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity. As these are...
Introduction FiiO X5 3rd generation is the successor of the loved by many X5 2nd generation DAP from FiiO. I requested to be a part of the tour for X5 3rd gen because I really wanted to hear...
After spending over a week of daily listening to these ciems I can confidently say that I have made an excellent choice with these ciems. There is nothing that i can say that hasn't been already...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we'll be checking out a micro-driver that's been, for the most part, well-received around the forums. Their small size, low price, and sonic performance have made them a...
Inexpensive amp for RE262post #1 of 321/19/11 at 9:21amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 321/19/11 at 1:14pm
you know what, i didnt try mine but id wager the icon mobile would suit them. if dont remember to come back and say within a couple of days pm me and remind me to.post #3 of 321/19/11 at 2:47pm
Brilliant - you finally took the plunge eh?
I'm eager to hear your thoughts once they arrive. I reckon you'll love em.....
As for amps, I dunno - I use the Arrow but thats outside your budget. Am sure you can get plenty recommendations if you ask same question in portable amp forum though....
post #4 of 321/19/11 at 5:31pm
I would recommend something like the iBasso T3. It's a nice little amp and it works just fine. It's also nice if you have a smaller dap and not one of those with touch screens since the form factor for those players with the amp is nice.
I used the T3 and RE262 a bit and liked it. I didn't use the RE262 very often portable but when I did I had it paired with the T3.
Also I don't really think they are as hard to drive as one would think they would be.post #5 of 321/19/11 at 5:41pm
T3 seems to be one of the best choice on that price range, or if you want, wait for the upcoming FiiO E11. A cmoyBB with AD8620 is around $100 as well, and sound really good to my ear. Or you can try to look for a deal in the for sale forum and see if something life a mini3 will pop up or not.post #6 of 321/21/11 at 2:15pmThread Starterpost #7 of 321/21/11 at 5:08pm
I can't wait to hear more about the E11. I really want to get a amp to go with the ER4P but I might wait to hear what people say bout the E11. For what its worth the most recommended cheaper amp (from posting in threads and pming individuals) has been the ibasso T3 or T3D. I was asking specifically for the ER4P though.post #8 of 321/24/11 at 8:57pmpost #9 of 324/17/11 at 4:29ampost #10 of 325/9/11 at 5:19pm
anyone wanna answer thispost #11 of 325/9/11 at 9:54pmpost #12 of 325/10/11 at 5:05am
If you like it's sound signature then the PA2V2 should be great for them. It will provide all of the power that they need, and shouldn't really change their sound signature much (if at all). From my experience the PA2V2 is a fairly neutral amp.
I haven't heard the re262, with or without the PA2V2, so take this with a grain of salt.post #13 of 325/10/11 at 1:05pmpost #14 of 325/10/11 at 1:31pmpost #15 of 329/5/11 at 3:29am
Been listening to my pair of 262s paired with a PA2V2 for a couple of months now. Amping greatly improves the quality of the sound and, as noted above the PA2V2 just gives a very neutral boost to the original signature, maybe with a slightly warmer hue. I'd recommend the combination as a relatively inexpensive setup. The overall sound is very impressive.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Inexpensive amp for RE262
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 2 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 23 seconds ago
- › MYSPHERE 3.1-UNIQUE in SOUND&DESIGN&BUILD QUALITY 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 2 minutes ago
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series MkII iem cable 2 minutes ago
- › HD650+Graham Slee Solo SRGII 3 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-7200 4 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Joyroom JR-E107 Metal Headphone In-Ear Earphone With Control And... by B9Scrambler
- › Chord MoJo by mswlogo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Jackpot77
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by BillsonChang007
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear