Hi guys. I am about to get some RE262s, but I want to get as much out of them as possible and since they are pretty hard to drive (150 Ohm), I think I will need some sort of a dedicated amp for them. My question is - which inexpensive amp will you recommend for RE262 from your experience? My budget is around $100-$150, but if there exists a decent amp that can improve the sound of unamped RE262s for under $100, I would probably rather get that one.
Related Forum Threads
- Q701 users, what dac/amp are you using? Last post on 9/9/11 at 5:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Review: NwAvGuy's O2 DIY Amplifier Last post on 4/3/12 at 11:13pm in Sound Science
- Best bassboost amps in 120$ range? Last post on 8/14/11 at 9:14am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best Amp for Around $100? Last post on 5/18/11 at 3:45pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp recommendation for D1100 Last post on 8/3/11 at 3:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Purchased this system off of Ebay. Overall very good sound, impressive sound output with powerful bass response, at its price point ($250} I think it is the system to beat, the satellites sound...
I got these from Amazon. Truth be told, I was a bit skeptical due to lack of reviews at the time (positive or negative). But I was ordering my Crossfade LPs [they good or bad, is an entirely...
These have been a real dream to listen to. They have a really good range of sound not artificial sounding at all. They have have as a matter fact excellent tremble. They don't pull the mids to...
Ok! Point number 1: horrible button layout! Point number 2: excellent sound quality! The stock theme is badly designed. EDIT: There are custom themes that make the player look much...
I’ve had my Dragon Inspire IHA-1 now for a sufficient time period to post my thoughts. I will use a subjective 5 point scoring system. Setup: Power Conditioning: Blue Circle...
Inexpensive amp for RE262post #1 of 321/19/11 at 9:21amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 321/19/11 at 1:14pmpost #3 of 321/19/11 at 2:47pm
Brilliant - you finally took the plunge eh?
I'm eager to hear your thoughts once they arrive. I reckon you'll love em.....
As for amps, I dunno - I use the Arrow but thats outside your budget. Am sure you can get plenty recommendations if you ask same question in portable amp forum though....
post #4 of 321/19/11 at 5:31pm
I would recommend something like the iBasso T3. It's a nice little amp and it works just fine. It's also nice if you have a smaller dap and not one of those with touch screens since the form factor for those players with the amp is nice.
I used the T3 and RE262 a bit and liked it. I didn't use the RE262 very often portable but when I did I had it paired with the T3.
Also I don't really think they are as hard to drive as one would think they would be.post #5 of 321/19/11 at 5:41pm
T3 seems to be one of the best choice on that price range, or if you want, wait for the upcoming FiiO E11. A cmoyBB with AD8620 is around $100 as well, and sound really good to my ear. Or you can try to look for a deal in the for sale forum and see if something life a mini3 will pop up or not.post #6 of 321/21/11 at 2:15pmThread Starterpost #7 of 321/21/11 at 5:08pm
I can't wait to hear more about the E11. I really want to get a amp to go with the ER4P but I might wait to hear what people say bout the E11. For what its worth the most recommended cheaper amp (from posting in threads and pming individuals) has been the ibasso T3 or T3D. I was asking specifically for the ER4P though.post #8 of 321/24/11 at 8:57pmpost #9 of 324/17/11 at 4:29ampost #10 of 325/9/11 at 5:19pm
anyone wanna answer thispost #11 of 325/9/11 at 9:54pmpost #12 of 325/10/11 at 5:05am
If you like it's sound signature then the PA2V2 should be great for them. It will provide all of the power that they need, and shouldn't really change their sound signature much (if at all). From my experience the PA2V2 is a fairly neutral amp.
I haven't heard the re262, with or without the PA2V2, so take this with a grain of salt.post #13 of 325/10/11 at 1:05pmpost #14 of 325/10/11 at 1:31pmpost #15 of 329/5/11 at 3:29am
Been listening to my pair of 262s paired with a PA2V2 for a couple of months now. Amping greatly improves the quality of the sound and, as noted above the PA2V2 just gives a very neutral boost to the original signature, maybe with a slightly warmer hue. I'd recommend the combination as a relatively inexpensive setup. The overall sound is very impressive.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Inexpensive amp for RE262
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 42 seconds ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 1 minute ago
- › OPPO To Reveal PM-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones and HA-2 Portable... 1 minute ago
- › Best amp and dac for Shure SRH940? 1 minute ago
- › Seattle Meet 12/06/14 Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Recommendation for open back headphones please 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!) 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 6 minutes ago
- › Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 High-Power 2.1 PC Speaker System... by Croozer
- › V-MODA Bass Freq Metal In-Ear Noise-Isolating Headphone (Gunmetal... by atkhan
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by Ragingfighter
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by hstubc
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)