- 124 Posts. Joined 2/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Ibasso D2 usb headphone amp / dac cant adjust volume Last post on 4/12/11 at 3:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- New Gear To Buy Last post on 12/5/10 at 10:05am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E7 vs Ibasso D2 Last post on 5/15/10 at 5:02pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Differences in the ibasso range? Last post on 5/12/10 at 6:30am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp/dac to use with my Audio-Technica ATH-ES7 for less than $150? Last post on 5/6/10 at 4:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
There are a few brands that could be considered a powerhouse in the world of audio and headphones and beyerdynamic is without a doubt one of them. beyerdynamic has been family owned since...
REVIEWER INTRODUCTION First of all, I want to introduce my gear while writing this review. I'm using my AKG K612 PRO headphone with my Fiio X3 2nd Gen dedicated DAP. Currently I don't own any...
Preamble Whilst I have been an audio enthusiast for many years now, I must admit I have never really been all that interested in using any kind of esoteric cables with my systems. I have always...
Preamble: It is finally happening – Brainwavz Audio is making in-ears with Balanced Armature drivers again. After they were introduced to the public few months ago, the two single-BA...
The Lyra, released back in 2014-15 was refreshed along with Campfire Audio's dynamic and hybrid lineup as the Lyra II, and is a personal single dynamic driver favourite. We would like to thank...
iBasso D2+ quick questionspost #1 of 51/18/11 at 3:38pmThread StarterHello, I have just ordered an iBasso D2+ Boa with a Line-Out Dock connector. I am aware that you can use it just as a DAC, AMP or DAC+AMP. Although i am a little confused how i use each one. I have had Sennheiser HD650's, Grado SR125's and now some ATH AD700 headphones before. But never a headphone amp or dac. I understand exactly what a DAC and AMP do, i'm just a little confused on how the D2+ chooses between the 3. My primary use was going to be with my iPhone 4, using the line out. Where to my understanding it will then just be on AMP mode. But what about when i plug it into my PC via USB. Will that be DAC& or just DAC, and if so, is it my computer powering the headphones in that case ? If someone could clear it up a bit i'd be very greatful ! Thanks
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 51/18/11 at 8:33pm
Dac only: plug in via USB and use the Aux in/out jack for output to another amp/preamp/etc.
amp only: plug in your iphone with LOD into the aux in/out jack and your headphones into the headphone output jack for listening
amp + dac: plug in through USB and use the headphone output jack for listening
I hope that helps.
(Correct me if I'm wrong.)post #3 of 51/19/11 at 12:22amThread Starterpost #4 of 51/21/11 at 5:49pmpost #5 of 51/22/11 at 10:47am
I guess that will be because it's no longer FOTM after the D4 and D10.I use one every day as a dac driving a cyrus1 amp with some old Castle speakers,on the pc and with sr325 phones.I will keep it until it blows up,I don't see a reason to upgrade .Having said that,if i am mobile i prefer the mini3,but i don't think you can beat the D2+ as a VFM dac /amp.
- iBasso D2+ quick questions
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Audeze LCD-4 just now
- › Amp for beyerdynamic t90 45 seconds ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 46 seconds ago
- › Rose Technology Discussion & Impressions Thread 58 seconds ago
- › Onkyo A800 and H900M full-size headphones - shipping March 2016 1 minute ago
- › AK 240 Stainless Steel Edition Thread 1 minute ago
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux owners 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 4 minutes ago
- › "Higher Quality" Files sound better ? 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T5p Second Generation Audiophile Headphones by crabdog
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Mustainized
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by Peddler
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by HiFiChris
- › Campfire Audio Lyra II by alffla
- › Kingston Headset KHX-H3CL/WR HyperX Cloud Headset Black Retail by tproc
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by tproc
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5 by NCSUZoSo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by FortisFlyer75
- › Audio-Opus Opus#2 by twister6
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear