- 12,637 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productKoss UR40 Collapsible Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 2/18/13 at 1:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Gaming: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro or Audio-Technica ATH-M50? Last post on 10/2/11 at 2:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/24/13 at 11:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/6/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)Last edited: 7/29/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Gaming)Last edited: 12/28/12
First of all, I gave these a 3 star mostly for their price. At about 9 bucks they are about the cheapest headphones around. I mean, who is going to pass up a deal like that. They are dirt cheap and...
Q-audio French Silk Aftermarket Cable for MrSpeakers Alpha Dog INTRODUCTION I have spent a little over two months with the Alpha Dogs and its stock cable. About one month into the journey...
This will be a short synopsis of my findings after a few weeks with these. What they come with: First of all, they are shipped with a good deal of extras, including a longer studio-aimed cord,...
Coming from Tascam US-144 to Audio GD .. Here is the story. A few years ago I discovered the magic world of listening to headphones. The reason for that is the ease of computer hifi. I...
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony MA900 added) - Page 1140post #17086 of 188519/29/13 at 5:49amThread StarterMakes every mixed? What dos that even mean? If it doesn't give you comparable sound cues to the video I posted on the first page, something is wrong with your settings.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17087 of 188519/29/13 at 6:09am
Sorry. I poorly expressed myself. While testing ( not in game ) DH is very good ( same as 8 chanel ) but while in game simple 8 channels is much better, i can hear gunshots separately ( footsteps still are very hard to hear ) but with DH its like one big shot, really cant separate them ( footsteps like 8 channels setting ).
I have 7.1 in windows
8 channels, Headphone in Xonar settings ( or DH enabled - tried 7.1 and "simple" DH and various speaker shifts ),
I am noob :) and maybe i set something wrong.post #17088 of 188519/29/13 at 11:05am
Ill end up buying a tritton control box or an astro mixamp + dt 770 pro... I really dont know if the sound will be good as an pure astro a40...
Here we cant test the headphones/headsets, they are impossible to find on normal stores...
Endless doubt. =/
Edited by famibica - 9/29/13 at 12:30pmpost #17089 of 188519/29/13 at 12:34pmQuote:
You should be fine with that setup it does better even with the added tons of low end bass.. It will no doubt surpass the a40 headset for sound whoring If that is what your afterpost #17090 of 188519/29/13 at 12:47pmQuote:
ha ha that's too funny... Maybe its because how he is wearing them on his head?? They should be worn all the way down on the tops of the earlobes and pulled towards the the back of your head..
Another thought the left and right indicators on the headset should be pulled back towards the back of his head if any of this makes any sense lol....post #17091 of 188519/29/13 at 1:34pmQuote:
thanks, yes im after the best sound for the money i have =]
Ill try dt 770 pro + mixamp but ill buy the mixamp later because of the lack of money xD
Have a nice day friend!post #17092 of 188519/30/13 at 11:20ampost #17093 of 188519/30/13 at 11:35amQuote:
Welcome to Head-Fi! I assume you're joining us from one of the other boards where MLE participates.post #17094 of 188519/30/13 at 11:35amQuote:
Hi, did you have a specific question or were you just introducing yourself? Most of the basics are covered in the OP or in Nameless's thread.post #17095 of 188519/30/13 at 1:56pm
Spent a nice afternoon today - Mad, you gotta hear these. I've never heard the Dx000 series so I can't compare, but man do I love these. 600 or 900 will be my next purchase. Maybe I'll be able to hear the 900 at CanJam.post #17096 of 188519/30/13 at 1:57pmThread Starterpost #17097 of 188519/30/13 at 6:38pmpost #17098 of 188519/30/13 at 7:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by ethan7000
Spent a nice afternoon today - Mad, you gotta hear these. I've never heard the Dx000 series so I can't compare, but man do I love these. 600 or 900 will be my next purchase. Maybe I'll be able to hear the 900 at CanJam.
How does the TH600 compare to your HE-400 and X1? Are they in another league and would they 'blow them out of the water'?
Edited by cheuh - 9/30/13 at 7:19pmpost #17099 of 188519/30/13 at 8:26pm
I like to imagine that at some point I'll have an open airy headphone like the HD800 and a fun headphone like THx00 as my two complimentary cans.
Maybe the THx00 is a logical upgrade to the X1s sound, with better bass, more soundstage (maybe?), and better detail and refinement.post #17100 of 188519/30/13 at 9:20pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by Murder Mike
Hi, did you have a specific question or were you just introducing yourself? Most of the basics are covered in the OP or in Nameless's thread.
Thanks for the welcome. I was mainly introducing myself/subscribing to the thread, as I find this is probably the thread I look at the most. Basically, I found this thread through word of mouth. Like in most of my hobbies (e.g., flashlights, gaming), I keep things as minimal as possible. It wasn't until a month ago that I learned it was possible to orient myself in competitive games like Call of Duty using sound. That completely piqued my interest.
Basically, I'm here to see where else I can take things.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony MA900 added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Best audiophile metal and rock albums 30 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 52 seconds ago
- › MMM, M3, M^3 amp 57 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-4 vs. HIFIMAN HE-400 1 minute ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Budget movie headphone suggestions? 3 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master-5/6/8/9 balanced head amp/ preamp 5 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi