- 3,240 Posts. Joined 5/2008
- Location: Southwest Ohio
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productKoss UR40 Collapsible Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 2/18/13 at 1:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Gaming: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro or Audio-Technica ATH-M50? Last post on 10/2/11 at 2:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/24/13 at 11:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Yesterday
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)Last edited: 7/29/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Gaming)Last edited: 12/28/12
These hurt my head almost right away. The good sound quality is not noticeable when my ears and head hurts. Having said that, the price is low and if you don't like them then just return them.
This will be a short review based on maybe on 12-15 hours of use. If you think that's not long enough you can skip it. I was a bit worried that this would be some cheap gimmicky toy amp because...
The short and simple of it is this is the best DAP for the price I have owned. I have used all the main stream players, (IPods, Zune, Creative Zen Player, etc) and I will never go back. Besides the...
I really like this headphone. I've been trying various headphones in this pricerange, and decided on this one. But maybe the Price is a bit too high, when comparing to the first Creative...
As I contemplated giving these a go, I became aware that there was one thing that I wasn't too thrilled about. No mic or controls. I am a person constantly on the go, so most of my listening...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony MA900 added) - Page 1026post #15376 of 189177/23/13 at 1:41pmIf you have a Q701 don't get any adapter. You just unthread the end and it's then 3.5mm.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15377 of 189177/23/13 at 3:38pmThanks for such a wonderful guide. It led me to initially purchase a DT 990 pro as I wanted a decent all rounder for competition and immersion. I enjoy them however I feel as though I want a little more out of the bottom end as I'm now playing much more single player and using them for music.
So my question is whether or not it would be worth trading them in for an x1. Sounds like they have a similar signature with a bit more of that deep bass I'm looking for. After selling my 3ds xl and the 990s I can pretty much get them for nothing.post #15378 of 189177/23/13 at 4:00pmThread StarterThe 990 pro is very low end heavy. If you want more, then you're just a basshead. The x1 has less bass than the 990 pro.
Might wanna look into the 770 Pro 80. Though you're gonna sacrifice sound quality for more bass.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 7/23/13 at 4:01pmpost #15379 of 189177/23/13 at 4:29pmQuote:I was able to get more sub bass (30hz thump) out of the X1's.Originally Posted by jtlindeman
Thanks for such a wonderful guide. It led me to initially purchase a DT 990 pro as I wanted a decent all rounder for competition and immersion. I enjoy them however I feel as though I want a little more out of the bottom end as I'm now playing much more single player and using them for music.
So my question is whether or not it would be worth trading them in for an x1. Sounds like they have a similar signature with a bit more of that deep bass I'm looking for. After selling my 3ds xl and the 990s I can pretty much get them for nothing.post #15380 of 189177/23/13 at 4:39pmQuote:
I'm not sure if I have a bad pair or something, but mine just don't seem to have much punch at all. The only way I can get a decent quantity of bass is with the bass boost on my SB Z turned all the way up. I also have them hooked up to a magni. Without the boost it's very underwhelming, particularly with music. I was actually kind of surprised by the lack of bass after reading your review and the posts in the thread.post #15381 of 189177/23/13 at 4:47pmpost #15382 of 189177/23/13 at 4:51pmThread StarterThe X1 is oriented towards mid bass. If you want sub bass, open headphones are not the way to go. The bass the X1 has is plentiful for movies, but they are not Denons.post #15383 of 189177/23/13 at 7:56pmpost #15384 of 189177/23/13 at 8:19pmThread Starterpost #15385 of 189177/24/13 at 12:54am
I actually find the ethiopian sheepskin leather used in the Signature series quite cooler compared to the horrible pleather of all other headphones and in warmer days it's at least definitely "cleaner" or easier to clean than velour. I never use any velour in these warm evenings but honestly I am mostly playing over my speakers recently and avoid headphones during this heat (97 Fahrenheit).post #15386 of 189177/24/13 at 1:12ampost #15387 of 189177/24/13 at 5:44am
Yesterday it was 30 degrees celcius, and I gamed like 2 hours straight with my K540's, and they didn't sweat or anything like that, just becamse a tiny bit hot, just a tiny bit. I must say however, if there are multiple enemies around me in MW2, and 2 of them are like upstairs and 2 of them to the sides, it's VERY hard to pinpoint were they're coming from. It only works when they're close to you. I'd give them a 4 for competitive gaming.post #15388 of 189177/24/13 at 7:34amThis is not your cans fault. l have the same issue in Black Ops 2 too. Map Aftermath, when camping in a garage like building in the second floor, teammates that respawn on the first foor soun like they are right beside you. That is very annoying. I think it is a bug in the sound engine or in some map locations.
Edited by pietcux - 7/24/13 at 7:38ampost #15389 of 189177/24/13 at 7:34amQuote:
But 30 C isn't very hot at all...post #15390 of 189177/24/13 at 7:45amQuote:Originally Posted by pietcux
This is not your cans fault. l have the same issue in Black Ops 2 too. Map Aftermath, when camping in a garage like building in the second floor, teammates that respawn on the first foor soun like they are right beside you. That is very annoying. I think it is a bug in the sound engine or in some map locations.
I don't have BO 2, I'm talking about MW2.
daleb that's 86 Fahrenheit.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony MA900 added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 58 seconds ago
- › Auvarna Live!2 1 minute ago
- › 2013 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Exchange 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new série Z 2 minutes ago
- › Clearance: AKG K702 (used) Sennheiser HD650 (new in box) ... 3 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 4 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 4 minutes ago
- › Customs that sounds like the Sennheiser IE800 5 minutes ago
- › >>>Anasz' whole system clearance!!<<< 5 minutes ago
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe