Hey Envy, have you had a chance to try the Denon D7100s? What's your opinion about these for gaming? I know you fully endorsed the D7000s, but the 7100s are a bit different.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productKoss UR40 Collapsible Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 2/18/13 at 1:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Gaming: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro or Audio-Technica ATH-M50? Last post on 10/2/11 at 2:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/24/13 at 11:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Yesterday
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)Last edited: 7/29/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Gaming)Last edited: 12/28/12
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
Comparing these to my Philips L1 and my Beyer T1 they have a lot more mid-bass through midrange and are slightly tilted toward the high. They sound great but quite a bit different sound signature...
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony MA900 added) - Page 741
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11102 of 188821/22/13 at 3:28pmThread StarterNo, and I doubt I ever will. I'm literally done with leather/pleather padded headphones. Unless I were to get them on loan, there's 0% chance of me trying them.
As for those interested in the Annie review, sorry, I sent in the Mixamp 5.8, so I couldn't get final impressions. My receiver gets here on Friday, so wait just a little longer. I CAN start writing the review, as I have the gist of everything I'm gonna say, but I want final confirmation about my opinion before I post it.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 1/22/13 at 3:34pmpost #11103 of 188821/22/13 at 5:53pmpost #11104 of 188821/22/13 at 6:02pmQuote:I figured as much regarding vintage...well, anything. But I don't see Best Buy as the place that would stock headphones other than Bose and Beats, anyway. Certainly no HE-400s, let alone current Stax products (if for no other reason than Yama's/STAX USA being a lousy distributor).
The green things are strips of soft cloth that the prior owner taped to the earpads. It feels very nice, certainly less itchy than some varieties of velour pads. I'm sure MLE would approve of the feel.post #11105 of 188821/22/13 at 6:07pmThread StarterNice.
Impulse, I don't think almost any soundcards do DH over digital. I believe there are some Creative soundcards that do CMSS-3D over digital. I'm definitely not the one to ask.
For a long time, I thought Dolby Headphone was directly tied to the amplification circuit, which is why they didn't do it over digital.post #11106 of 188821/22/13 at 6:58pm
I'd say read the Q701 review and add "more bass" and "warmer" "more comfortable" and you're getting pretty close...
Edited by chicolom - 1/22/13 at 7:09pmpost #11107 of 188821/22/13 at 7:03pmQuote:
From what I've been reading, you can also bump up the comfort a bit. People are really into those new memory foam pads. And many are happy with the removal of the bumps from the band, though I personally have never had an issue with them. I know you personally are not a fan of the bulges.post #11108 of 188821/22/13 at 7:09pm
The mailman brought a surprise today
Just look at the packaging! It screams "high-end," "premium," and "luxury." As soon as I picked up the crumpled manilla bubble envelope I could feel the incredible build quality held within.
Stay tuned for first impressions!...
Edited by chicolom - 1/22/13 at 7:12pmpost #11109 of 188821/22/13 at 7:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by AxelCloris
From what I've been reading, you can also bump up the comfort a bit. People are really into those new memory foam pads. And many are happy with the removal of the bumps from the band, though I personally have never had an issue with them. I know you personally are not a fan of the bulges.
-Fixed.post #11110 of 188821/22/13 at 7:21pmThread Starterpost #11111 of 188821/22/13 at 7:28pmpost #11112 of 188821/22/13 at 7:29pmThread Starterpost #11113 of 188821/22/13 at 7:40pm
It's still to early to say, but I expect it to be among the best options in the $.0 - $2 price bracket, possibly even THE best option in that price range...
Don't let the $2 price fool you though, because they demand that you also invest in a good source on amp for them to really sound their best. Don't expect to get them near their full potential without spending another $400 on a decent DAC and AMP, plus $50-$75 in decent cables.
Edited by chicolom - 1/22/13 at 7:42pmpost #11114 of 188821/22/13 at 7:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by NamelessPFG
I figured as much regarding vintage...well, anything. But I don't see Best Buy as the place that would stock headphones other than Bose and Beats, anyway. Certainly no HE-400s, let alone current Stax products (if for no other reason than Yama's/STAX USA being a lousy distributor).
Magnolia Best Buys actually stock higher end Sennheiser, AKG, AT, etc stuff. Shame there's none near me, regular Best Buys have some low end Senn stuff but it's mostly Bose, Beats, Skullcandy, and the like (tho SC now has some decent stuff); Koss, Aiaiai, Philips, and Pioneer too tho they don't get the prominent shelf displays that the first three do.
Shopping for higher end full size headphones if you don't live in a big city is just a PITA... I bought my Beyers almost blindly because any high end stuff I've tested was basically what friends or family had, so few points of comparison. Not like there's any meets or show I can drive to in this island. At least the M-80 I got to try at a Rat Shack, portable hp are easier to come by.
I hate buying stuff from Amazon just to try it as a a lot of people seem to do, despite their liberal return policy, so if I get something to try it's usually with the intention of gifting it later or selling it (if not keeping it), unless it's just awful.
Edited by Impulse - 1/22/13 at 8:00pmpost #11115 of 188821/22/13 at 7:50pm
How does anyone else feel about the sennheiser hd558s for gaming? I am only in stereo right now till I have money for a mix amp, but the clarity and positioning between them and my turtle beaches is basically night and day, it is amazing.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony MA900 added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 17 seconds ago
- › RE262 broke, looking to replace with Vsonic GR07 34 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 49 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 1 minute ago
- › Creative ZxR with external amp or all-in-one system? 1 minute ago
- › Beats by Dre Solo HD vs. Bose QuietComfort 15 1 minute ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › M-Audio Q40 Impressions (long w/pics) 2 minutes ago
- › AKG new headphone K545? 3 minutes ago
- › Official Hong Kong Thread (Shops, Meets, Events and more-) 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi