Hey, I'm thinking about upgrading from my ATH-M30s paired with a Zalman mic and hooked up to board to the CAL, a ModMic, and an Asus Xonar. Would this upgrade also be good for listening to music? Specifically I'll be listening to alternative, grunge, and some classic rock.
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemAstro A40 Audio System White
- itemAudio Technica ATH AD700
- itemAudio Technica ATH M50 Studio Monitor Headphones
- itemBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Closed Studio Headphones
- itemKoss UR40 Collapsible Over Ear Headphones
- categoryOver Ear
- itemPhilips SHP2500 37 Full Size Headphone With Volume Control
- itemSennheiser HD 598
- itemSony MDR XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - READ THE FIRST POST! Last post on Today at 2:34 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 2/18/13 at 1:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Gaming: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro or Audio-Technica ATH-M50? Last post on 10/2/11 at 2:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/24/13 at 11:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
Edited on 5/13/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Gaming)Edited on 12/28/12
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...Edited on 5/27/12
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
Related Head Gear
Upon initial listening with these buds, I was rather unimpressed as I heard the rather familiar bloated mid-bass, sharp highs, and lack of mids that SKDY's old line carried. Then I realized that...
The VSD1 is the latest in a rather long line of budget in ear monitors including the VC02, GR99, GR02 and others that promises high quality sound for around $50 or so. While I haven’t had...
I tried a few Grado's —didn't like the Grado house sound—, a few Senn's —HD650 left a good impression—, a few lower-end AT's —I thought the AD700 were impressive for the price— and after reading...
In my recent quest for a new set of cans, I took a slight detour into the land of flashy prosumer headphones, in the form of the HK CL. The only reason I tried a pair was the price: half off,...
The Creative Aurvana Live! solved a major problem for me—how to listen to good audio while walking the dog at night. I live near a commercial and bar district in Center City, Philadelphia and I'm...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated: 5/23/2013. MrSpeakers Mad Dog v.3.2 Reviewed) - Page 758
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11357 of 145311/28/13 at 2:01pmThread StarterConsidering I feel the CAL stacks up to the M50 sound quality-wise, I'd say it'd be a step up, though I have not heard the M30s. The CAL is also more open sounding than the M50 and much better suited for gaming.
Not sure on your taste in music, as the CAL is warm, slightly reserved, and not exactly quick for those genres of music.
In other news, I'm about 40% done with the Annie review. Got to finish it later, as I have things to do.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 1/28/13 at 2:03pmpost #11358 of 145311/28/13 at 2:20pm
Okay I figured out my problem so I have a better question. I dont have a digital optical cable for my dss so I use the aux in using a 3.5mm cable. Due to this, the dolby digital doesnt turn on, only the plix light. Does this affect my sound or no. If so should I buy a digital optic cable or will it sound the same.post #11359 of 145311/28/13 at 2:22pm
Not sure if I have a faulty device, but I've tried using a few mics with my Astro Mixamp and Sennheiser HD595. I purchased a Y adapter and the headphones work fine but the mic doesn't. Am I doing something wrong?post #11360 of 145311/28/13 at 2:30pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Johnsonr520
Okay I figured out my problem so I have a better question. I dont have a digital optical cable for my dss so I use the aux in using a 3.5mm cable. Due to this, the dolby digital doesnt turn on, only the plix light. Does this affect my sound or no. If so should I buy a digital optic cable or will it sound the same.
Yes. You absolutely need optical or you're not getting Dolby Headphone.
What system? System settings? Xbox controller cable from the Mixamp to the 360 controller? Default communication device on the PC set to the Mixamp? Etc.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 1/28/13 at 2:33pmpost #11361 of 145311/28/13 at 2:43pmpost #11362 of 145311/28/13 at 3:11pmQuote:
Everything set to the mixamppost #11363 of 145311/28/13 at 3:27pmThread Starter
Use the first usb slot to attach the Mixamp. Go to accessory settings and make sure the device is the Mixamp.Quote:
Walmart, Target...post #11364 of 145311/28/13 at 3:30pmQuote:
Yeah, did that, but for some reason it only doesn't detect the mic. Audio comes in through the headphones but nothing goes out thru the micpost #11365 of 145311/28/13 at 3:35pmThread StarterHmm, I get that same problem. Try the other usb slot. Make sure the voice/game knob on the Mixamp is halfway. You'll get it eventually. Its a pain at times.
What does the default device say?post #11366 of 145311/28/13 at 3:36pmpost #11367 of 145311/28/13 at 3:38pmThread Starterpost #11368 of 145311/28/13 at 3:46pmpost #11369 of 145311/28/13 at 3:48pm
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated: 5/23/2013. MrSpeakers Mad Dog v.3.2 Reviewed)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Gaming)
- › W4R For sale, great condition 14 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE8 Appreciation Thread 25 seconds ago
- › Android-fi! 2 minutes ago
- › 6.35mm 1/4" Female to 3.5mm 1/8 Male Plug Stereo Earphone Audio... 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures Of Your High End System II (Same Rules Apply) 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) please post your impressions.... 3 minutes ago
- › Best portable DAC/Amps for iPhone 5... 3 minutes ago
- › A Concise View of Why The ATH-M50 is No Longer King 4 minutes ago
- › CEntrance DACport LX vs. iBasso DB2 Boomslang 2 vs. JDS Labs... 4 minutes ago
- › Headphone for my brother 5 minutes ago
- › Skullcandy S2SYDA-008 Merge Earbud Headphones - Black/Chrome by KodaO
- › VSONIC VSD1 by TheGame21x
- › Audio Technica W5000 by the wizard of oz
- › Harmon Kardon Classic On-Ear Headphones by imagic
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by imagic
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by Aakash
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by iern
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by jensy
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by dietcoke2am
- › Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma USB Gaming Headset by imagic
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe