Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added) - Page 1748

post #26206 of 26214

somehow after reading that, I felt like I should have tried harder and went eBay, etc to get the DSS or DSS2 instead of just settling for the Astro Mixamp Pro 2013.

 

btw, when using an external AMP With the Astro Mixamp Pro 2013, is there any way to avoid double amping?

post #26207 of 26214

I'm getting kind of curious. If I ran optical in on a sound card from my PS4 lets say. Would I be able to use SBX for instance or does it not allow that through optical?


Edited by Reckless95 - Yesterday at 8:00 pm
post #26208 of 26214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckless95 View Post

I'm getting kind of curious. If I ran optical in on a sound card from my PS4 lets say. Would I be able to use SBX for instance or does it not allow that through optical?

from what I understand SBZ? only accepts Stereo on Optical IN. it doesn't work with DD5.1 and it doesn't allow pass through either (so that your software can do the decoding?)

this was what I understood from my own research and the replies here.
post #26209 of 26214
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilflare View Post

from what I understand SBZ? only accepts Stereo on Optical IN. it doesn't work with DD5.1 and it doesn't allow pass through either (so that your software can do the decoding?)

this was what I understood from my own research and the replies here.

Maybe I'm understanding this wrong.

http://support.creative.com/kb/ShowArticle.aspx?sid=121466
post #26210 of 26214
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilflare View Post

somehow after reading that, I felt like I should have tried harder and went eBay, etc to get the DSS or DSS2 instead of just settling for the Astro Mixamp Pro 2013.

btw, when using an external AMP With the Astro Mixamp Pro 2013, is there any way to avoid double amping?
The amp inside the Mixamp will always affect the output/sound quality, but double amping can be a benefit and improve the dynamics of the sound.

If it helps you feel better, I have both a wireless mixamp and a DSS. Used to have a Recon3D USB too. Both the DSS and Recon3D USB have far less noisy amps, and it's surprising how loud the DSS can get.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckless95 View Post

Maybe I'm understanding this wrong.

http://support.creative.com/kb/ShowArticle.aspx?sid=121466
Well, not to sound like a d**k, but you're half right. That article is about surround output... Not surround input to the card from the PS4.
Edited by Evshrug - Yesterday at 10:03 pm
post #26211 of 26214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evshrug View Post

The amp inside the Mixamp will always affect the output/sound quality, but double amping can be a benefit and improve the dynamics of the sound.

If it helps you feel better, I have both a wireless mixamp and a DSS. Used to have a Recon3D USB too. Both the DSS and Recon3D USB have far less noisy amps, and it's surprising how loud the DSS can get.
Well, not to sound like a d**k, but you're half right. That article is about surround output... Not surround input to the card from the PS4.

thanks. so in the end you kept the Mixamp over the other options, cause it's better right? I spent quite sometime reading on this but the Mixamp seemed like the simplest solution with the best ease of use (mixer controls etc).

hmm. yea on Amp, I'm actually thinking of getting a Schiit Magni (and maybe the Modi Optical for PC use as well to make it the Stack) so I don't have to switch my headphones between my PC and PS4. can't decide though.

on that creative link, how does that work? it's for me to plug my Sound card via RCA/line out to an Amp. to avoid the amp. on my Sound card right?
post #26212 of 26214

why akg 550 isn't on the list, they are really good in gaming

post #26213 of 26214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ufasas View Post

why akg 550 isn't on the list, they are really good in gaming

The 550s are closed back. Open can produce a better sound stage, meaning better positional audio
post #26214 of 26214

You could also get a mildly used K612 for around 120$ shipped... 'Wink' 'Wink' 'Poke' 'Poke' :D

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added)