Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added) - Page 1702

post #25516 of 26226
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post
 

 

Did you disable the motherboard's on-board audio? in the BIOS.

Did you completely remove the Creative Recon3D software, before installing the newer Creative SBX software?

Might consider getting the DT880 Pro 250-Ohm headphones, more "balanced" sound then the DT990 and 250-Ohm headphone are a little easier for the SB-ZxR to drive.

Used DT880s start at $156.50

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beyerdynamic-DT-880-PRO-Headband-Headphones-Silver-Black-/321492295369?pt=US_DJ_Monitoring_Headphones&hash=item4ada6f1ec9

 

I did not disable to the onboard audio but I have never installed the drivers for it

 

I should have specified that I did a new pc build entirely and there was fresh windows install

 

I have looked at the 880s but what drew me towards the 990s was mad lust's review.  At least what I pulled from it was that it was a fun headphone, still having bass and highs, while still maintaining directional accuracy.

post #25517 of 26226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillhart View Post
 

Yeah, I've given up trying to demo any of the new exciting games at PAX.  I just don't really care to stand in 2-hour lines when there's so many other cool things to do.  I'll be at PAX Prime in a couple weeks, maybe TB will have something there...

 

Get press credentials and then organize meetings with the developers. You'll get to set an appointment and then skip the line when its your time. Wonderful stuff, that.

post #25518 of 26226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yethal View Post

Sound coming from PS4 controller might be sufficient for You, although plugging headset into it drains battery life. What's Your budget?

Quote:
Originally Posted by empty001 View Post

hello guys. just joining this forum coz i liked this thread.

i have some question about PS4 gaming headphone. I can not seems to buy astro mixamp because they're too pricey for me. And i dont have any DAC/AMP yet.

If im using headphone directly to PS4 controller, can i get great sound?

or what headphone nice for me?

NB:
- I love Single PLayer games (horror,action,RPG,etc)
- i dont need Mic yet ^^
- i dont need surround too (for now)

thx guys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yethal View Post

Sound coming from PS4 controller might be sufficient for You, although plugging headset into it drains battery life. What's Your budget?

My budget is150 bucks .
1. How good sony gold wireless sound quality over turtle beach px4 and tritton 720+?
2. Is mixamp surround will work with all ps4 game?
Edited by empty001 - 8/18/14 at 10:40pm
post #25519 of 26226

It appears that the HyperX Cloud headphones and QPed QH-90 headphones are Takstar Pro 80s with an added mic.

Maybe they should be added to the gaming guide, after someone who owns them posts a review.

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

 

post #25520 of 26226
Quote:
Originally Posted by empty001 View Post




My budget is150 bucks .
1. How good sony gold wireless sound quality over turtle beach px4 and tritton 720+?
2. Is mixamp surround will work with all ps4 game?

1. Out of the three You mentioned ax720+ sounds reasonable and You can upgrade it later by keeping the box and selling just the headphones

2. Yep

post #25521 of 26226

MLE - In your review of the K612 Pro you suggest a warmer AMP as a match up...Any opinions on what might be good?

 

I'm a gamer and run a Titanium HD for a sound card...currently powering through an O2 amp.

post #25522 of 26226
^Schiit Asgard 2, Matrix M-Stage, iFi iCAN
post #25523 of 26226

Currently beating my head against the wall trying to figure out what direction to go after reading this thread.  I'm looking for a closed headphone and ended up buying the DT770 (250ohm) and I'm not happy with them at all.  I tried using them in a competitive setting (should have listened to the review, lol) and the bass is just too boomy to cue in on the little details in a game like cs:go.  That being said, I'm pretty much set on one of the mad dog or alpha dog variants, but I can't figure out what the hell I want.

 

I have a bifrost/asgard 2 combo that would be driving them.  My main question is is the alpha dog worth twice the cost of the mad dog?  They'll be used for music as well and I basically listen to everything except for country.  Then MrSpeakers went head and threw in the Mad Dog Pro to make the decision even tougher.  Money isn't really a problem, but the alpha dogs would be far the most expensive cans I have coming from HD598s and HD650s. 


Edited by jdubsss - 8/19/14 at 9:25am
post #25524 of 26226
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorwayne View Post
 

MLE - In your review of the K612 Pro you suggest a warmer AMP as a match up...Any opinions on what might be good?

I'm a gamer and run a Titanium HD for a sound card...currently powering through an O2 amp.

 

You might look into replacing the two JRC2114 op-amps on the Ti-HD

The LME49720 op-amps are low cost, like $4 each.

post #25525 of 26226

There's a crazy ass deal for the Sony Gold Wireless Headset right now for anyone interested.  I ended up paying $16 for mine:

 

$90 Headset

$15 filler item

$6 shipping

$0 tax

-$15 instant coupon

 

$96 out of pocket cost

 

-$50 MIR for headset

-$15 MIR for filler item

-$15 cash back from Amex

 

$16 Total

 

For that price, I just had to grab one.

post #25526 of 26226
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubsss View Post
 

Currently beating my head against the wall trying to figure out what direction to go after reading this thread.  I'm looking for a closed headphone and ended up buying the DT770 (250ohm) and I'm not happy with them at all.  I tried using them in a competitive setting (should have listened to the review, lol) and the bass is just too boomy to cue in on the little details in a game like cs:go.  That being said, I'm pretty much set on one of the mad dog or alpha dog variants, but I can't figure out what the hell I want.

 

I have a bifrost/asgard 2 combo that would be driving them.  My main question is is the alpha dog worth twice the cost of the mad dog?  They'll be used for music as well and I basically listen to everything except for country.  Then MrSpeakers went head and threw in the Mad Dog Pro to make the decision even tougher.  Money isn't really a problem, but the alpha dogs would be far the most expensive cans I have coming from HD598s and HD650s. 

The Mad Dog was a really good set of closed cans coming from HD280s. Very nice bass response, great isolation but it had no doubts that it was a closed headphone. I upgraded to alphas in the spring and to me they are worth the extra price due to the soundstage (i get pretty fooled how large it is for a closed can). The mad dog pros i tried on keep that bass response and overall is a better can than the mad dogs but both easily lose out to the soundstage from the alphas (i haven't touched the bass screw on my alphas btw). I'd get a mad dog and see if you like the sound signature and upgrade if you want better soundstage.

post #25527 of 26226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillhart View Post
 

There's a crazy ass deal for the Sony Gold Wireless Headset right now for anyone interested.  I ended up paying $16 for mine:

 

$90 Headset

$15 filler item

$6 shipping

$0 tax

-$15 instant coupon

 

$96 out of pocket cost

 

-$50 MIR for headset

-$15 MIR for filler item

-$15 cash back from Amex

 

$16 Total

 

For that price, I just had to grab one.

And how'd You like it? The sound quality the virtual surround and the mic?

post #25528 of 26226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yethal View Post
 

And how'd You like it? The sound quality the virtual surround and the mic?

 

Seeing as he just ordered I doubt he has it yet.

post #25529 of 26226

Damn, if the sq is right and the virtual surround isn't **** it could be a viable option.

 

Stillhart, can You review these cans for us as soon as they arrive?


Edited by Yethal - 8/19/14 at 1:24pm
post #25530 of 26226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dblupletch View Post
 

 

I did not disable to the on-board audio but I have never installed the drivers for it

I should have specified that I did a new pc build entirely and there was fresh windows install

I have looked at the 880s but what drew me towards the 990s was mad lust's review.  At least what I pulled from it was that it was a fun headphone, still having bass and highs, while still maintaining directional accuracy.

 

Even if you did not install the on-board audio drivers yourself, Windows would have load basic generic drivers for your on-board audio chip-set, maybe even updated those drivers automatically off the Internet.

So you still might consider disabling the on-board audio, in the BIOS.

If the DT990s seem to offer what you want, then get the DT990s

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added)