- 178 Posts. Joined 3/2014
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 2/18/13 at 1:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added) - Page 1633post #24481 of 261747/9/14 at 4:30pmNever got the hype for the 1540. The soundstage is very narrow although the thin sound gives it an airy appearance. I prefer my 770 for closed back gaming, much larger stage and accuracy. I'm hoping to do some pad rolling on my 1540 to thicken the sound a bit, but I want to try get the stage larger.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #24482 of 261747/9/14 at 4:32pmpost #24483 of 261747/9/14 at 4:39pmQuite a few People at the office have the same opinion. We literally test headphones all day and I'd say about 75% were disappointed.
Has anyone hooked up the TH600? Guessing they sound identical to the D7000.post #24484 of 261747/9/14 at 6:37pmThread StarterYou'd guess wrong. TH600 is know to be more neutral, though with a stronger mid bass emphasis over the sub bass, which is the opposite of the D7000, which is known for it's whopping sub bass.
Change, I may take up your offer for the 1540 loan soonish, if you'll allow me. I'll send you the 15G on the way back if you wanna try something new and cheapish.post #24485 of 261747/9/14 at 6:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by Stillhart
Regarding SBX vs DH, that's a very personal choice. I personally prefer THX/SBX (same thing, btw). You should watch the comparison videos on the first page of this thread and check DH vs THX and decide for yourself.
Regarding the U3, I've never heard it so I can't say. I will say the DAC in the Omni was indistinguishable from the Schiit Modi to me so I returned my Modi. Considering how highly people rate the Modi around here, I'd say that's pretty solid.
Regarding the HP200, keep an eye on Amazon used section. Micca Distributor sometimes sells refurbs for dirt cheap. If you can get one of those, it's a no-brainer. Mine was $135 shipped ($200 normally).
Thank you once again for your help, Stillhart.
It sounds like you really enjoy the HP100's. If I were to change my mind and go for a closed headphone, is the HP100 the best choice at the sub-$300 price range for immersive (not competitive) PC gaming? I've heard the DT770's are pretty good too, though perhaps the 80ohm version would need a better amp than the U3.post #24486 of 261747/9/14 at 7:03pmQuote:
Woot! Something exciting may be coming from MLE once again!post #24487 of 261747/9/14 at 9:52pmI would, but the only set of 1540 alcantara pads I have are on the HP200 (I sold the replacement pair a while back). The 1540s have alpha pads on 'em (which are a bih' to put back on after removal).
I know how important it is for you, Mad, to review headphones in stock form. Do you still have the shure velours you bought off me? If so, I can just borrow them and place them on the HP200 while you have the 1540 and its stock alcantaras. I really can't see myself dealing with just the stock pleathers on the HP200 during that time. Plus, I'm very curious as to his they will sound with plain velours.
Edited by Change is Good - 7/9/14 at 9:59pmpost #24488 of 261747/9/14 at 10:06pmThread Starterpost #24489 of 261747/9/14 at 10:09pmpost #24490 of 261747/9/14 at 10:35pmThread Starterpost #24491 of 261747/10/14 at 2:16ampost #24492 of 261747/10/14 at 7:37am
Have any of you ever heard of Allen and Heath headphones? I had a buddy that works at Guitar Center suggest them to me when I told him I was looking to purchase the Q701s. He really seems to stand by them and he owns a pair of Xones (I think that's what they are called). I didn't see them in the guide, so just wondering if any of you have any experience with them.post #24493 of 261747/10/14 at 7:37amThread Starterpost #24494 of 261747/10/14 at 7:40amQuote:Originally Posted by Dreyka
Anyone know of a way to input multi-channel audio from a console to your PC (Windows)?
Idea is to output surround sound from console into a PC and then use virtual surround sound software on PC. This way I can avoid a Mixamp and avoid Dolby Headphone.
Can this be done through a capture card and virtual audio cables?
Probably using a card that has optical input, then run optical out from console to optical in in audio card then set optical in as a main audio source on pc, then apply dolby headphone encoding and output through headphone jack. To be honest, just buy a mixamp or dss, less hassle.
Also, I know You guys advised me to go with K612 and not hd598 but I found used hd598 for an equivalent of 70 usd so I bought them immediately.
Edited by Yethal - 7/10/14 at 7:44am
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Is anyone building the KGSSHV? 1 minute ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 4 minutes ago
- › Vivo Xplay 3S with ESS9018 and OPA2604 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 5 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)