Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added) - Page 1608

post #24106 of 24962

Im not sure exactly which edition of the mix amp pro I have (ill put a picture below) but I need to run a cable to split from the headset out to headphone and one for chat.... which cable should be I getting... a regular 3.5mm Y cable or something else? Also, if I dont want to split for a mic will a regular 3.5mm cable plug into the headset out just fine? (I dont have the mix amp in my hands yet, and wanting to order the right cables before hand I got this one used without cables.... ).

 


Edited by Jason Bourne - 6/15/14 at 9:42pm
post #24107 of 24962

You have a 2011 Mixamp Pro. You'll need this cable if it doesn't come with it http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-MUYHSMFF-Headset-Splitter-Adapter/dp/B004SP0WAQ/

 

Also, make sure you have an optical cable too.

 

And yes, if you don't care to use the chat features, just plug your headphones in directly.


Edited by calpis - 6/15/14 at 9:48pm
post #24108 of 24962
Quote:
Originally Posted by calpis View Post
 

You have a 2011 Mixamp Pro. You'll need this cable if it doesn't come with it http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-MUYHSMFF-Headset-Splitter-Adapter/dp/B004SP0WAQ/

 

Also, make sure you have an optical cable too.

 

And yes, if you don't care to use the chat features, just plug your headphones in directly.

THANK YOU!!!!! That pretty much answers all my questions :)

post #24109 of 24962

I have a discount card in a store I want to use. The 2 headphones I got to choose from is:

 

Philips X1

Sennheiser G4me one

 

Wich one would you recommend for pc gaming? I already have a mic so dont care about mic. Sound only.

And is G4me One strictly for gaming or can you use it for music too? I already have a pair of Sennheiser RS180 so they might be to similar?

 

post #24110 of 24962
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallonpaj View Post
 

I have a discount card in a store I want to use. The 2 headphones I got to choose from is:

 

Philips X1

Sennheiser G4me one

 

Wich one would you recommend for pc gaming? I already have a mic so dont care about mic. Sound only.

And is G4me One strictly for gaming or can you use it for music too? I already have a pair of Sennheiser RS180 so they might be to similar?

 

I'd recommend that one because that's the one I heard and it is unanimously recommended...

What's your DAC/amp like though?

post #24111 of 24962
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post
 

I'd recommend that one because that's the one I heard and it is unanimously recommended...

What's your DAC/amp like though?


I have a Dacmagic plus both dac and amp. When I play games (by games i mean cs:go) I use SBX from my sound blaster card.

post #24112 of 24962
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallonpaj View Post
 


I have a Dacmagic plus both dac and amp. When I play games (by games i mean cs:go) I use SBX from my sound blaster card.

X1 is a better headphone then. The Senn G4ME is just a rebranded older model I believe [?]

post #24113 of 24962

I have the pc360, the GAME ONE are indeed rebranded pc360 with supposedly improved comfort and new pads.

 

They are excellent for games with good positional accuracy, very comfortable to wear and the microphone is great. They do lack a little in the bass department however and they are better for gaming than music although they still do a half decent job.

 

If you don't need the microphone then I would personally go for the Phillips X1

post #24114 of 24962

Hi guys,

 

Could someone reply please to my previous question on the previous page regarding the choice between the AKG K702 and AKG Q701 ?

 

Now that i'm reading more things, I'm even hesitating with the Phillips X1/00 which costs +/- the same price ( 220 -225 euros).

 

what do you think, which one should I get ? i'm really affraid that the bass covers the details, but in the other hand, I would like to have as much bass as possible for listening to music.

 

thanks a lot


Edited by Lotfi - 6/16/14 at 9:38am
post #24115 of 24962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotfi View Post
 

Hi guys,

 

Could someone reply please to my previous question on the previous page regarding the choice between the AKG K702 and AKG Q701 ?

 

Now that i'm reading more things, I'm even hesitating with the Phillips X1/00 which costs +/- the same price ( 220 -225 euros).

 

what do you think, which one should I get ? i'm really affraid that the bass covers the details, but in the other hand, I would like to have as much bass as possible for listening to music.

 

thanks a lot

Are you talking about the AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition? I used to own the Q701 and just recently purchased the Annies. I would go for the Annies since it has better bass for your music and is still quite detailed. I sold my Q701 because the bumps were too irritating, they would leave bumps on my head. The Annies are so much more comfortable.

post #24116 of 24962
Quote:
Originally Posted by odib View Post
 

Are you talking about the AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition? I used to own the Q701 and just recently purchased the Annies. I would go for the Annies since it has better bass for your music and is still quite detailed. I sold my Q701 because the bumps were too irritating, they would leave bumps on my head. The Annies are so much more comfortable.

Thanks for the details, but i'm talking about the annie, but about the K 702 , which is exactly the same as the k 701, but with a flat leather band on the head, which should offer a better comfort and more important to me, the disconnectable cable ( in case it gets damaged) ( www. thomann.de/fr/akg_k702. htm )

 

In addition, I don't think that i'm going to have problems with the bumps, coz I have a Razer Tiamat , which has bumps, and never had a problem, I may be have more hair ?! lol.

 

I wanna get headphones for mainly playing. so it is the most important thing. but the philips is more easily driven ...? i'm really lost ! I know that what I want is impossible, a clear and huge soundstage with enough bass for enjoying the music.


I gave more details on my post of the previous page if you could take a look to it (I can't repost it, otherwise it ganna take time for being validated by the moderators)

Thanks

post #24117 of 24962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotfi View Post

 

In addition, I don't think that i'm going to have problems with the bumps, coz I have a Razer Tiamat , which has bumps, and never had a problem, I may be have more hair ?! lol.

 

I wanna get headphones for mainly playing. so it is the most important thing. but the philips is more easily driven ...? i'm really lost ! I know that what I want is impossible, a clear and huge soundstage with enough bass for enjoying the music.



Thanks

If you don't think you're going to mind the bumps, go with the Q701. The K702, while possibly more comfortable, may be a bit too flat in the bass department for your tastes. 

post #24118 of 24962

How do people feel about the HE-500 for gaming? I was also looking at the AKG K712 Pro and the Alpha Dogs.

post #24119 of 24962

Hi Mike,

 

That's what I was thinking about, but now, I'm really hesitating with the Fidelio X1 ? did you get the chance to test both those headphones in games ? is the positionning and the clarity diffrence that big ? coz it looks like the fidelio is much more fun than the Q701.

 

If the positionning and clarity gap is really big, I'm thinking about stiking to the k702, or Q701.

 

Thanks a lot

post #24120 of 24962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotfi View Post
 

Hi Mike,

 

That's what I was thinking about, but now, I'm really hesitating with the Fidelio X1 ? did you get the chance to test both those headphones in games ? is the positionning and the clarity diffrence that big ? coz it looks like the fidelio is much more fun than the Q701.

 

If the positionning and clarity gap is really big, I'm thinking about stiking to the k702, or Q701.

 

Thanks a lot

I haven't personally, but a few others have compared the X1 and Q701, including Stillhart. I know he preferred the Q701 with the bass mod over the X1. If you do a "Search this thread" at the top of this page, you should be able to find some of his comments. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added)