- 2,873 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Location: Central Florida
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 2/18/13 at 1:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added) - Page 1607post #24091 of 261736/13/14 at 3:46pmThe HP100 is a superb closed all rounder. If I had it, welllllll... let's not even put that thought in my head lol
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #24092 of 261736/13/14 at 4:48pmpost #24093 of 261736/13/14 at 6:00pmpost #24094 of 261736/14/14 at 7:13ampost #24095 of 261736/14/14 at 7:22am
Games don't come out quick enough for the new consoles..i am back on bf4 now still got transistor and outlast the whistle blower to finish but can't be bothered with them..i want drive club and the division now, not later on in the year or 2015!
Edited by martin vegas - 6/14/14 at 7:23ampost #24096 of 261736/14/14 at 2:41pmpost #24097 of 261736/14/14 at 2:56pmpost #24098 of 261736/14/14 at 7:29pmpost #24099 of 261736/14/14 at 7:38pmQuote:
Well crap, now I have to try and get that mental image out of my head.post #24100 of 261736/14/14 at 7:48pmpost #24101 of 261736/14/14 at 10:56pm
If you know of a female jack that's small enough, it's easy enough to get inside and mod it in. I had to open mine to clean out a couple hairs and saw that there is "some" room inside.Quote:
If you can find an Asus Xonar U1 (discontinued), it's a slightly bigger "desktop" version of the U3. The features are all the same am I'm sure the U1 has a better amp section than the U3.post #24102 of 261736/15/14 at 6:37ampost #24103 of 261736/15/14 at 11:17am
first of all, This is my first post on this forum and I would like to thank MLE for the amazing he achieved.
I've been reading a lot (here and over other forums) for picking up new headphones for FPS gaming on PC (call of duty). I'm currently not having any sound card because I have a good embedded one (http://www.asus.com/ROG_ROG/MAXIMUS_V_FORMULA/) but I'm not excluding the possibility of getting one, or may be just and AMP. that's a question, so what do you think is better for me.
I'm hesitating between the AKG K-702 ( for a better comfort with a flat head band, at 211 euros) and the AKG Q-701 ( at 235 euros), this difference is almost nothing but may be better investing this difference in a better amp or sound card ? I've been hesitating as well with the Beyerdynamic DT-990 Edition for a long time (at 199 euros) but the competitive aspect makes me lean towards the AKG ones.
the most important thing is being able to clearly pick up the enemies foot steps and spatial positioning for the directions.
The explosions or helicopters noise is very disturbing and I don't want to feel my head exploding because of that (I'm currently using a Razer Tiamat 7.1 since 2 years, and the clamping of this headset is just awful) .
I might probably use this can for listening to some pop / rock electronic music. and I've red that with a correct amp, the bass might sound good enough. (here is my playlist mix https://soundcloud.com/benx010256/sets/indie-please-june-2014-is )
Thanks in advance for any help !post #24104 of 261736/15/14 at 1:55pm
Hi guys! I have a question, How does the xonar u7 compare with the sb omni? I currently have the omni but I have been interested in the u7 for a while now and I just wanted to do more research before buying one. Thanks!post #24105 of 261736/15/14 at 7:35pm
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › AURALiC owners unite! 3 seconds ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 4 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 12 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 33 seconds ago
- › The Sennheiser HD 800: The First Listen, The First Review 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Darkvoice 336se 4 minutes ago
- › Tastefully modded T50RP with BTG hybrid cable & HiFiMan SMA connectors 5 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 5 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)