Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added) - Page 1507

post #22591 of 26146
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin vegas View Post

It's good that he reviewed it, but the poor guy... That was like one of the least professional reviews I've seen in a while, but at least it was honest.

When I get it, I'll let you know what I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillhart View Post

Jeez, you're even optimistic about pessimists!  Your kind sicken me.  angry_face.gif

Hardware with G-sync is supposed to be available this year. What makes you (not Ev specifically) think it needs time to mature?  Is it because there will be software issues?  I'd think the Nvidia drivers would take care of that.
Oh I know it was later this year. Right now you can only get it as a mod for one of the Asus monitors, but "mature" would be less expensive and built-in smily_headphones1.gif the Asus ROG monitor looks like it'll be nice, but I'm not gonna spend $800 on a monitor wink.gif

Rather spend it on an awesome DAC/amp wink.gif
post #22592 of 26146
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post

Ultrasone and balanced?! You gotta be kitten me -_-

 

"More balanced." I read that as still not balanced, but more so than the closed version. It probably still has its curves.

post #22593 of 26146
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post

Ultrasone and balanced?! You gotta be kitten me -_-

I know. Its not normal, but these ARE old, lol. Sones are known for being bright aggressive and super bassy. The 15 was warm, non fatiguing, though bassy. The 15g is still on the bassy side, but fast bass, more neutral in tone, and still a little peaky in the treble. Still as far as Sones go, this is my favorite in terms of balance.

A lot less fatiguing and glaring than the Pro 900 and 2900. The HS15 isn't fatiguing in the least.

The 15g would compare well to the PX100-ii, being clearer and more spacious. The pX100-ii has a wall of sound in comparison.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 4/3/14 at 2:09pm
post #22594 of 26146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

I know. Its not normal, but these ARE old, lol. Sones are known for being bright aggressive and super bassy. The 15 was warm, non fatiguing, though bassy. The 15g is still on the bassy side, but fast bass, more neutral in tone, and still a little peaky in the treble. Still as far as Sones go, this is my favorite in terms of balance.

A lot less fatiguing and glaring than the Pro 900 and 2900. The HS15 isn't fatiguing in the least.

The 15g would compare well to the PX100-ii, being clearer and more spacious. The pX100-ii has a wall of sound in comparison.

Good I was getting worried that Ultrasone started producing good headphones for reasonable prices.
Phew, no apocalypse then wink.gif
Also, glad you're liking them ^_^
post #22595 of 26146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post



DEKITA!

MMMMMM, DAT COMFORT.

Clearer, less bassy, and more balanced than the quite warm HS-15. I think we have a winner.

 

Might as well hand that over when the AKGs arrive... :wink_face:

post #22596 of 26146
Thread Starter 
It is a good headphone, lol. Its not your typical polarizing Sone. Im guessing with the advent of Beats, that was the point where they aggressively tuned their line. Since the 15g is much, much older, it is a much more ear friendly headphone.
post #22597 of 26146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evshrug View Post


Oh I know it was later this year. Right now you can only get it as a mod for one of the Asus monitors, but "mature" would be less expensive and built-in smily_headphones1.gif the Asus ROG monitor looks like it'll be nice, but I'm not gonna spend $800 on a monitor wink.gif

Rather spend it on an awesome DAC/amp wink.gif

 

$800?  Valhalla/Bifrost FTW!

 

BTW, I finally pulled the trigger on an amp for my Q701.  I'm so bad at being responsible with my money...

post #22598 of 26146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

It is a good headphone, lol. Its not your typical polarizing Sone. Im guessing with the advent of Beats, that was the point where they aggressively tuned their line. Since the 15g is much, much older, it is a much more ear friendly headphone.

 

I like how you ignored me just then lol

post #22599 of 26146

The Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE has arrived. I have them for testing for the next two weeks. First impressions, piano sounds quite nice for a ~$100 dynamic IEM. And I'm glad they come with a pair of Comply tips, as I much prefer foam to silicon tips. Better seal, better overall sound.

post #22600 of 26146
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelCloris View Post
 

The Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE has arrived. I have them for testing for the next two weeks. First impressions, piano sounds quite nice for a ~$100 dynamic IEM. And I'm glad they come with a pair of Comply tips, as I much prefer foam to silicon tips. Better seal, better overall sound.

 

Interesting...

 

When I get out of this financial whole I might look into these. I want an IEM that is easier to travel with..

 

The H3 is a bit bulky and too scratch prone to take with me on campus, everyday...

post #22601 of 26146
Thread Starter 
Oh, Change, I'll eventually send them out. tongue.gif
post #22602 of 26146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

Oh, Change, I'll eventually send them out. tongue.gif

 

Eventually?!?

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #22603 of 26146
Thread Starter 
So I just attached it to the Mixamp, and the Mixamp is fully maxed out on the game side and master volume, and it's just to the point of being loud.

Yes, these are hard to drive to loud volumes.
post #22604 of 26146
Just messaged u on PSN. Log into twitch and stream some COD... I'm bored frown.gif
post #22605 of 26146
Thread Starter 
Sorry, it was a quick test. I have to go see my bro. He leaves to go back to his army post tomorrow.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added)