Hi whats the best 7.1 headset that you have used?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 9/21/14 at 4:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added) - Page 1500
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #22487 of 263624/2/14 at 7:01amLmao. He's not being irrational or grumpy. Just like he said, people seem to just skip the front page. Or if they don't they skim over it. I've found that people on these forums have the same nature and that is they tend to read, digest and then instead of going back over what they read to fill the gaps, they get lazy and ask questions. I understand some people have bad reading comprehension but just take your time and go back over it. And the best part is that if you're absolutely horrible at reading THERES A NUMBER RATING SYSTEM. There's not much that he can answer that's not on that page.post #22488 of 263624/2/14 at 7:51amQuote:Originally Posted by DoctaCosmos
Lmao. He's not being irrational or grumpy. Just like he said, people seem to just skip the front page. Or if they don't they skim over it. I've found that people on these forums have the same nature and that is they tend to read, digest and then instead of going back over what they read to fill the gaps, they get lazy and ask questions. I understand some people have bad reading comprehension but just take your time and go back over it. And the best part is that if you're absolutely horrible at reading THERES A NUMBER RATING SYSTEM. There's not much that he can answer that's not on that page.
I assume this is reference to yesterday. As I have explained, I asked not due to lack of reading comprehension but due to semantics. I wanted to be sure that by Dolby headphone device it was meant that the actual technology used was the trademarked technology "Dolby Headphone" and not a device for "headphones" that just so happens to decode "Dolby".
Yes, I did overlook the amp section of the guide, but other than that the only thing I did wrong was not effectively communicate what I meant. It is also true that on the Astro website it does not say "Dolby Headphone" in the description for the product. In fact I tried to view the PDF for the 2013 Mixamp, but only found one for the older model. It is only in retrospect that I spotted the only real indication that "Dolby Headphone" technology is used is the logo (which is a picture, not writing). That is a case of assuming knowledge on Astro's part.post #22489 of 263624/2/14 at 8:10ampost #22490 of 263624/2/14 at 8:22amQuote:Originally Posted by Napalmhardcore
I now have a game plan. PC 360's, Mixamp and if I decide in future I need more power I'll get the EHP-02 (or something similar).
Was going to order the headset and Mixamp tonight, but the Mixamp is currently out of stock.
This will give me the opportunity to learn a little more about amps and what is available should I want to add one down the line.
You could have a look at the asus xonar essence stx and the phoebus!post #22491 of 263624/2/14 at 8:25am
I am thinking about getting a new monitor for my ps4 probably dell..i have had the monitor i am using for about a year it's a samsung syncmaster 24 inch backlit led ..i want something that doesn't bleach things out!
Edited by martin vegas - 4/2/14 at 8:26ampost #22492 of 263624/2/14 at 8:26ampost #22493 of 263624/2/14 at 9:01amQuote:Originally Posted by Napalmhardcore
When you guys are putting your headphones through their paces for music use, do you have go to albums? Obviously people will have their own choices but I'd love to hear some examples :)
I think I've just found one of mine (I've heard the album plenty of times but never through headphones).Quote:
I've been meaning to put together a stanbdardized list. For now, I have a few albums that I've listened to a LOT over the years, which I ripped to FLAC for testing: Shpongle "Are You Shpongled?" is one of my all-time favorite albums and it's great for testing detail because the music is so layered; detailed headphones bring out sounds you didn't even know were there. Bonobo "Days to Come" (picked for familiarity) and Hiromi's Sonicbloom "Beyond Standard" (jazz!!!) are two of the others. I need to find one or two more that have more variety.post #22494 of 263624/2/14 at 9:14amQuote:
Eizo Foris FS2333.
I was using a 24" LED Syncmaster too and this is an awesome IPS gaming display. World's first possibly. 5 years warranty.post #22495 of 263624/2/14 at 9:34amHi guys, watching the COD Chanpionship last weekend, all the players where wearing IEM headphones, underneath their Astro headphones used for the mic.
Mad only reviewed one set of IEM, why are those guys all using IEM, except for sound isolation?
Any positioning advantages in FPS using IEM?
Any particular brands better than other?
Thankspost #22496 of 263624/2/14 at 9:53amQuote:
Alternatively, you can get a cheaper LG IPS234V-PN. It should perform similarly. There's some solid info in this slickdeals thread.post #22497 of 263624/2/14 at 9:55ampost #22498 of 263624/2/14 at 10:01ampost #22499 of 263624/2/14 at 10:07amQuote:
Or pay $400 for a 30" IPS from Monoprice.post #22500 of 263624/2/14 at 10:16amQuote:
I respectfully disagree, sorry.
The one you posted is great but I took 2 issues with it when choosing between the two - 1] no HDMI input 2] recent Amazon offerings have a yellow hue [all of them...]
Luckily Dell offers 5 year warranty and zero dead pixel guarantee! Oh, wait...
I spent a lot of time comparing many different screens but found the Eizo one the best performer albeit at at a premium price.
Edited by conquerator2 - 4/2/14 at 10:19am
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Looking for a <100$ headphones *Looks like beats solo hd* just now
- › LFF's Enigma (new from the maker of the Paradox) 45 seconds ago
- › Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (24-bit/192KHz) 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › A New Apex product!!! Name it HERE!!! 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Best bang for the buck headphone? 6 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 8 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)