- 14,168 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on Yesterday at 4:12 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have owned this headphone for 2 years and it never disappointed me. The sound quality is no need to discuss as its sound signature has been discussed multiple times in TH900 thread. This...
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added) - Page 1419post #21271 of 262202/25/14 at 9:31pmThread StarterOh, I believe you. I think it's the same problem I had with the Slyr and using it with other cables. Some worked, some didn't. It's odd. Since it's inconsistent, I won't put it on the list, until someone tests it with the BoomPro itself.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #21272 of 262202/25/14 at 9:37pmpost #21273 of 262202/25/14 at 9:38pmpost #21274 of 262202/25/14 at 9:43pmThread StarterAh ok. And umm, he doesn't always complain. He just has an ear for what sounds and measures well. The K812 did neither for him. You can even see the ragged treble and impulse response on the graphs. He called it like he saw it. Graphs are part of an equation, but they are a good indicator. The K812 has a fantastic balance...up to the treble, where it becomes... not so high end.
Tyll is well known and respected because he knows his stuff. I would rather believe someone that can nitpick a headphone's shortcomings, rather than brushing them off and giving nothing but positive impressions. Especially on a $1500 headphone which shouldn't be having these problems in the first place. In fact, I've been told that he's like me, we try and see the good side of every headphone. If it's bad, we'll say why. Like my review of the DNA Pro. There's nothing to hate about the sound (one of my fave sounds on ANY headphone), but plenty to hate about the build quality and comfort. It's a Monster product, and they sent me these headphones, but I'm not restricted in any shape or form on my opinions. I won't brush off statements that I feel are true. Tyll won't either. He may keep it to himself unless he gets asked, which is the case with the K812.
BTW, he loves the Fidelio X1 AND it measured well.
Also, you're not getting AUDIO at all? Or just mic audio?
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 2/25/14 at 9:53pmpost #21275 of 262202/25/14 at 10:06pm
PM me your email. I took video proof with my iPhone. Just would like to show you. I took a look at the FX1 and they look great too but again I'm in a gym with my headphones 80 percent of the time. Not until recently I'm going to use them as a gaming set as well. I don't think the open headphones are something i can use unless i was always going to be somewhere nice and quiet.
Edited by Vindication - 2/25/14 at 10:12pmpost #21276 of 262202/25/14 at 11:33pm
I wanted to give a quick update on my Astro wireless mixamp, X1 + BoomPro setup. I installed a rechargeable battery about 2 weeks ago and charged it to max capacity. I've been gaming on my PS4 at least an hour a day and the battery has yet to die. Amazing battery life compared to 3 AAA batteries which lasted almost 3 hours max! Wow! BTW, X1 + BoomPro + Astro wireless mixamp = amazing. If Sony releases a firmware update that raises the chat volume when using the USB PS3/PC chat cable, this setup will be perfect.
Edited by DADDYDC650 - 2/25/14 at 11:35pmpost #21277 of 262202/26/14 at 3:29am
Hi all I have just started on headphone journey I have just purchased as set of astro a40's second hand (around 2 months old) to get the mixamp (2013 mix amp pro).
I am trying to decide if I should I dive in a buy a set of ad700 straight up and sell the astro headset as they line up with my budget or wait and see how the astros sound? I mainly play FPS games.
I will be using them on a xbox one via a hdmi audio extractor so I can get 5.1 until Microsoft sort themselves out.
Any thoughts?post #21278 of 262202/26/14 at 5:56ampost #21279 of 262202/26/14 at 8:39ampost #21280 of 262202/26/14 at 9:17amPlepost #21281 of 262202/26/14 at 10:51amQuote:
The Creative Arvana Live! 2 is a headset. Already has a mic.post #21282 of 262202/26/14 at 11:03am
It has detachable cable, the mic is in the cable i think. so I am wondering if it is compatible with Boompro ? is CAL!2 significantly better than CAL!1 ?
and how about HD598, is it compatible with boompro ?post #21283 of 262202/26/14 at 11:13amThe original CAL! (designed by Fostex) sounds better than the CAL2!, though I haven't seen any reviews on their new gold and platinum offerings.
The HD598 has a special connector, FWIR not compatible with a BoomPropost #21284 of 262202/26/14 at 12:48pmpost #21285 of 262202/26/14 at 12:58pm
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 7 seconds ago
- › iPhone 6 with 128GB 8 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 321 IEMs compared (NarMoo S1 added 09/04/14 p. 966) 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection 2 minutes ago
- › WTS Alo Audio International Dac/Amp mint/new condition 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)