Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added) - Page 1336

post #20026 of 24536
Quote:
Originally Posted by DADDYDC650 View Post


Why is it that the audio end of the y-split works without issue when I plug it into the controller but the mic end of the y-split does not work at all? That's only one connection and not two.

 

The DS4 controller has to separate chat and audio output... hence why you need a male y-split plugged into it.

 

Here:

 

Boompro > female y-split/male green end > DSS

 

Boompro > female y-split/male red end > female red end/male y-split > DS4


Edited by Change is Good - 1/13/14 at 11:39pm
post #20027 of 24536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post

The DS4 controller has to separate chat and audio output... hence why you need a male y-split plugged into it.

Here:

Boompro > female y-split/male green end > DSS

Boompro > female y-split/male red end > female red end/male y-split > DS4
That sounds like a mess. I just connected the stock PS4 mic into the controller. Now I have audio via my DSS + X1 and a working mic via stock PS4 mic. The BoomPro has been rendered useless since I already have 2 mics for my PC.
Edited by DADDYDC650 - 1/13/14 at 11:53pm
post #20028 of 24536
Quote:
Originally Posted by DADDYDC650 View Post

That sounds like a mess. I just connected the stock PS4 mic into the controller. Now I have audio via my DSS + X1 and a working mic via stock PS4 mic. The BoomPro has been rendered useless since I already have 2 mics for my PC.

I wouldn't necessarily say the boompro is rendered useless, you just don't have the right processor for its purpose. The DSS is just too complicating to use with it... because it kills the whole reason of having the boompro to begin with (hence why I suggested the mixamp, instead, if you went the boompro route).

They answered your question, correctly, saying the DSS would work with the boompro. Whether it's worth the hassle... well, I guess we can see that result lol
Edited by Change is Good - 1/14/14 at 12:10am
post #20029 of 24536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evshrug View Post

Seems like your impressions of the K612 are made up of a bunch of different AKG headphone impressions. The K612 mids may be a bit more forward than average, but they still have the very common dip below line-level dB, and midbass rises above line-level and doesn't sharply drop off the dB as bass extends into the sub region – overall the K612 has the smooth shallow v-shape common in high-fi headphones. The older K701, K702, and Q701 headphones had bumps in the headband that were pretty firm and caused some people discomfort (me too, in longer listening sessions), BUT the K612 has no bumps to it's headband, so it should shape to your head and feel more comfortable than most headphones.

From what I've read and my AKG experience, I'd recommend the K612 over the HD598. While they both have a decent Frequency Range balance, the K612 is more "fun" and energetic while the HD598 is more "laid-back," perhaps feeling oddly "removed" from the energy of Metal. The K612 wins in comfort unless you like more clamp, the HD598 headband is also more rigid and hard. Some people really love the Sennheiser experience, they do make great headphones, but I would recommend AKG.

I bet you're like me, you research things for a looong time before you settle on a choice, but once you make that choice you are very satisfied with it. I waited a few years to get my first AKG, and Let's not talk about how long I waited to get my first car that wasn't a hand me down... But take it from experience and do yourself a favor, wait a few weeks to make sure a desire isn't an impulse, but if you take too long and research turns into stalling tactics, you'll make your head spin. Eventually you have to be decisive, and you'll be glad you did smily_headphones1.gif

Yes, the K612 is a great headphone for the price if you have an amp to drive it wink.gif
post #20030 of 24536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post

I wouldn't necessarily say the boompro is rendered useless, you just don't have the right processor for its purpose. The DSS is just too complicating to use with it... because it kills the whole reason of having the boompro to begin with (hence why I suggested the mixamp, instead, if you went the boompro route).

They answered your question, correctly, saying the DSS would work with the boompro. Whether it's worth the hassle... well, I guess we can see that result lol
I'm trying to go the simple route. A mixamp goes for about $130. I'd rather settle for a good headset for a fraction of the cost in that case. Sure the headset won't sound as good but it will sound good enough, get the job done easily and I'll have a lot more money on my pocket. Thanks for the input guys. Really appreciate it.
post #20031 of 24536
Not a good idea, because if you do, it would have a turtle beach... because only those headsets are compatible with the DSS's chat functionality.
post #20032 of 24536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post

Not a good idea, because if you do, it would have a turtle beach... because only those headsets are compatible with the DSS's chat functionality.
If I were to purchase a mixamp, would the BoomPro work with my X1 without adding additional cables or connections?
post #20033 of 24536
Quote:
Originally Posted by DADDYDC650 View Post

If I were to purchase a mixamp, would the BoomPro work with my X1 without adding additional cables or connections?

Yes
post #20034 of 24536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post


Yes

So, 250 + tax for the X1, $30 + tax for the BoomPro and last of all, a mixamp for $130 + tax.  That's about $446 for some better clarity and sound stage. Not sure if it's worth it. X1's sound great but they aren't blowing me away for the money. I might have to go back to the drawing board.

 

Sorry if I sound bitter. I know these toys aren't cheap. I guess I didn't do enough research and I was hoping to own noobs tonight without any issues.


Edited by DADDYDC650 - 1/14/14 at 1:05am
post #20035 of 24536
^that's why we first recommend for consoles getting a separate mic and headphone. The BoomPro is more for smartphones, tablets, and PC.

X1 ($250) + lapel mic ($3.50, [plus a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter for Xbox360, $2 or so]) + Turtle Beach DSS (~$25/$30 on eBay) = about $280 plus tax for a great PS4 setup. If the PS4's included mic is fine, maybe the best solution for you is to just return the BoomPro and use a normal audio cable with the X1.
Edited by Evshrug - 1/14/14 at 1:17am
post #20036 of 24536
Yes, but I think he's trying to avoid all the extra wires... hence why I said avoid the DSS period. He can't have the best of both worlds and not expect to pay for it... plain and simple.

If he couphed up the extra change it wouldnt be by much more. He can easily find a used mixamp for 60-75 bucks. Then, he'd have exactly what his heart really desires.
Edited by Change is Good - 1/14/14 at 1:24am
post #20037 of 24536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post

Yes, but I think he's trying to avoid all the extra wires... hence why I said avoid the DSS period. He can't have the best of both worlds and not expect to pay for it... plain and simple.

If he couphed up the extra change it wouldnt be by much more. He can easily find a used mixamp for 60-75 bucks. Then, he'd have exactly what his heart really desires.

Yes, I'm trying to avoid having a bunch of wires. I'm thinking of purchasing a mixamp or maybe using my USB Logitech desktop mic with my PS4. Would that be possible?

 

BTW, would my X1 + BoomPro + Mixamp work with my PS4 + Xbox One? I don't want extra cables and connections. I'm thinking I'll need 2 extension cables. One for audio and one for the mic?


Edited by DADDYDC650 - 1/14/14 at 2:03am
post #20038 of 24536
I have been using the astro a40 and a30 for the past 2 yrs with the wireless mixamp. I just purchased the Sony MDR-MA900 and I was wondering should I get the newer mixamp pro or should I just stick with the wireless mixamp. Also I game on PS3 and PS4. Also watch a ton of Netflix and anime Blu-rays.
post #20039 of 24536
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicolom View Post
 

Thanks :) 

Ear Froce DSS ordered.

post #20040 of 24536

Between the shure 1840's and the AKG K791 Anny's which had the most ear room?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added)