Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added) - Page 1223

post #18331 of 26148
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
 

Actually, it depends.

 

If you are using digital out to the speakers, then the DAC is happening in the speaker system, and not the PC. That might produce a better sound, deepening on how good the DAC is compared to the Sound card, how much SNR he has to deal with, and how much power is going to the headphones.

Yeah, I assumed they were analogue, most of PC speakers are, home theaters are a different story, obviously.

post #18332 of 26148
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post
 

Yeah, I assumed they were analogue, most of PC speakers are, home theaters are a different story, obviously.

Yea, he said Creative 5.1. I was thinking Logitech. I don't think Creative has a speaker system with an external DAC, so you're right. Better to just plug it into the sound card.

post #18333 of 26148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffen00 View Post
 

Well I just ordered my AKG K702, Xonar DGX and audio GD NFB-15.32 (TCXO*1 upgrade) today and now I'm excited to get them by next week sometime =D

Maybe not the right time to ask but I have no clue how to adjust settings etc for either the DGX and the NFB 15.32 anyone that can give me some tips  and help in advance about settings etc for both gaming and music and then ill ask again when i get them if needed ^^

Welcome to Club Audio-GD.

With the 11.32, maybe just leave to switches on the left to 4/3 (default?)

There are two gain settings (L & H) use whichever sounds best to your ears.

Use the USB connection for music or any basic 2-channel audio and the S/PDIF optical for gaming and movies (I guess music is ok too)

When installing the Xonar DGX, remember to disable the motherboard's on-board audio, in the BIOS.

Instead of the Asus software, get the "Unified Xonar Drivers".

post #18334 of 26148
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post
 

Welcome to Club Audio-GD.

With the 11.32, maybe just leave to switches on the left to 4/3 (default?)

There are two gain settings (L & H) use whichever sounds best to your ears.

Use the USB connection for music or any basic 2-channel audio and the S/PDIF optical for gaming and movies (I guess music is ok too)

When installing the Xonar DGX, remember to disable the motherboard's on-board audio, in the BIOS.

Instead of the Asus software, get the "Unified Xonar Drivers".

Thanks =) these drivers here ? http://maxedtech.com/asus-xonar-unified-drivers/ should i get the latest one or the "stable" one ? and if i look at this pic http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB1532/NFB12.11.JPG  it should be "HP", "L" or "H", "USB" for music and "OPT" for games/movies, volume just change to what i prefer and then on the other two ? OS and Filter ?
Also any special settings i should have when i have installed the DGX / xonar drivers ?

post #18335 of 26148

Awesome closed back headphones.

Great for sound whoring, but also fun and exciting, very wide soundstage and open expansive sound. great instrument separation.

Excellent positional cues, really good for imersive and competitive gaming.

Recommended :D

 

 

 

The stock pads are trash though, I'd recommend the 900X instead or such. You should be bale to fit many different pads on it :]


Edited by conquerator2 - 11/25/13 at 2:09pm
post #18336 of 26148

What sound card (pc) do u guys recommend for the dt 990 pro 250ohm

post #18337 of 26148

Hello, I'm new to the forums which I found while researching headsets. I read the guide and didn't seem to find a good gaming rating to price ratio for me.

 

I'm looking for a good headset that has cloth or soft ear pads. My old headset was a Turtle Beach DPX21 which had an optical cord go through a USB sound card; Does that decrease the quality of the sound at all should I have just gone straight to USB or to 3.5 millimeter?

 

I play a lot of FPS so sound quality is important, I've seen some debate on this, but surround sound would be a plus if it actually helps. My last two both had the arch break on me after a year or so one being a Gamecom 777 and my last one the Turtle beach DPX21.

 

Also while reading up I heard some people recommend a headphone and mic combo instead and was wondering if anyone could weigh in on that as well.

 

Here are some things I have looked at so far:

 

Razer Carcharias Over Ear PC Gaming Headset - $60

SteelSeries 7H Fnatic - $98

Thermaltake Shock - $80

For a headphone + mic combo I'm looking at these for headphones

Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones $88

SR850 - Professional Studio Reference Headphones - $50

And for the mic

Zalman Zm-Mic1 High Sensitivity Headphone Microphone - $10

post #18338 of 26148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakuryu View Post
 

Hello, I'm new to the forums which I found while researching headsets. I read the guide and didn't seem to find a good gaming rating to price ratio for me.

 

I'm looking for a good headset that has cloth or soft ear pads. My old headset was a Turtle Beach DPX21 which had an optical cord go through a USB sound card; Does that decrease the quality of the sound at all should I have just gone straight to USB or to 3.5 millimeter?

 

I play a lot of FPS so sound quality is important, I've seen some debate on this, but surround sound would be a plus if it actually helps. My last two both had the arch break on me after a year or so one being a Gamecom 777 and my last one the Turtle beach DPX21.

 

Also while reading up I heard some people recommend a headphone and mic combo instead and was wondering if anyone could weigh in on that as well.

 

Here are some things I have looked at so far:

 

Razer Carcharias Over Ear PC Gaming Headset - $60

SteelSeries 7H Fnatic - $98

Thermaltake Shock - $80

For a headphone + mic combo I'm looking at these for headphones

Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones $88

SR850 - Professional Studio Reference Headphones - $50

And for the mic

Zalman Zm-Mic1 High Sensitivity Headphone Microphone - $10

You need surround sound for bf4 mate.. I wouldn't choose a stereo headset nowadays..make sure it's got dolby headphone or some sort of surround sound!


Edited by martin vegas - 11/25/13 at 3:38pm
post #18339 of 26148
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post
 

Awesome closed back headphones.

Great for sound whoring, but also fun and exciting, very wide soundstage and open expansive sound. great instrument separation.

Excellent positional cues, really good for imersive and competitive gaming.

Recommended :D

 

 

 

The stock pads are trash though, I'd recommend the 900X instead or such. You should be bale to fit many different pads on it :]

 

which headphones are those?

post #18340 of 26148
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin vegas View Post
 

You need surround sound for bf4 mate.. I wouldn't choose a stereo headset mate..make sure it's got dolby headphone or some sort of surround sound!

I'm pretty sure that the Dolby Surround Sound (For Headphones) is a marketing gimmick.

Any set of good headphones will give you that surround sound feel if you have a good enough sound card or audio processor. 

post #18341 of 26148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony Slave View Post
 

I'm pretty sure that the Dolby Surround Sound (For Headphones) is a marketing gimmick.

Any set of good headphones will give you that surround sound feel if you have a good enough sound card or audio processor. 


+1

post #18342 of 26148

@Mad Lust Envy

 

Should I get the Razer Kraken or SteelSeries Siberia V2?
 

 

 

 

 

@Bakuryu

 

I suggest the Tritton 720+

post #18343 of 26148
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshinhimura View Post
 

 

which headphones are those?

Audio-Technica ATH-W1000X

post #18344 of 26148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffen00 View Post
 

Thanks =) these drivers here ? http://maxedtech.com/asus-xonar-unified-drivers/ should i get the latest one or the "stable" one ? and if i look at this pic http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB1532/NFB12.11.JPG  it should be "HP", "L" or "H", "USB" for music and "OPT" for games/movies, volume just change to what i prefer and then on the other two ? OS and Filter ?
Also any special settings i should have when i have installed the DGX / xonar drivers ?

I would say to get Unified Xonar Driver version 1.70.

I just use the optical connection for everything, to me the music is good enough.

With my Xonar, I leave the sample rate at 96Khz.

post #18345 of 26148
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnClosed View Post
 

What sound card (pc) do u guys recommend for the dt 990 pro 250ohm

For about 50-100$

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added)