Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added) - Page 1218

post #18256 of 24489

Quick question, the music i like to listen to is stuff like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnSPJap_6fc and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHjpOzsQ9YI
Which fits best for this kind of music the K702 or Q701 ?

post #18257 of 24489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

I heard myself through twitch. The DX mic sounded crisp and clear. That's all I need.


Now that I have unlocked Dead Silence and Amplify, I'm pwning sum nubz on Ghosts. coD is FINALLY back to having a clear advantage for headphone users (w/Dead Silence and Amplify). Make sure to buy those perks first.

Soundwhoring for the win. I did all this with the Kossheiser PX175. tongue.gif


hope your useing stalker with those perks because that stuff is too good not to have. 8)

post #18258 of 24489
Thread Starter 
Stalker on some, quick draw on others. I always need Scavenger and Sleight of Hand. That VEPR SMG with grip and rapid fire = the bawls. Also loving the MR28 for most TDM and long range maps. Most of the ARs are really good. The LMGs have two really good ones, and the SMGs are a bit nerfed but pretty amazing on tight corner maps.

Waiting to unlock the USR = ACOG. Reminds me of the bolt action Sniper in CoD4. Stable, one hit kill more often than not. Used it on private match as a test, and I fell in love.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 11/23/13 at 4:46am
post #18259 of 24489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

Stalker on some, quick draw on others. I always need Scavenger and Sleight of Hand. That VEPR SMG with grip and rapid fire = the bawls. Also loving the MR28 for most TDM and long range maps. Most of the ARs are really good. The LMGs have two really good ones, and the SMGs are a bit nerfed but pretty amazing on tight corner maps.

Waiting to unlock the USR = ACOG. Reminds me of the bolt action Sniper in CoD4. Stable, one hit kill more often than not. Used it on private match as a test, and I fell in love.


I mostly use AK-12 / remington/ SA with foregrip + muzzle brake its really good and then stalker + focus + sleight of hand + some other perks. I only use a main gun so i can get more perks, its kind of a waste to get scavenger when you can just pick up other peoples weapons. Stalker is proly the strongest perk because nothing can really beat moving fast while aiming in.

post #18260 of 24489

hey what  happened to the first page ? WHERE'S THE GAMING GUIDE ?  

post #18261 of 24489
Thread Starter 
It's there, but for some reason, it's not showing up. I hit edit, everything is there.

edit: removing my Koss clip-on videos (and just adding a link to the in the Koss clip on reviews), fixed the problem.

The links were correct, but Huddler crapped out for some reason. Anyways, at least it didn't disappear. I didn't have a back up guide. Thought someone hacked my account and deleted the guide. That'd have been a disaster.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 11/23/13 at 5:40am
post #18262 of 24489

If I buy the Audio-GD NFB-15.32 should I tell them to add a TCXO for 20$ extra, is it worth it ?

post #18263 of 24489

post #18264 of 24489
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffen00 View Post

If I buy the Audio-GD NFB-15.32 should I tell them to add a TCXO for 20$ extra, is it worth it ?

I did just for the sake of having the best setup I can afford on the A-Gd products. I did all the extras on my Compass 2.
post #18265 of 24489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post


I did just for the sake of having the best setup I can afford on the A-Gd products. I did all the extras on my Compass 2.

Replace the RCA coaxial by BNC socket: Cost is USD10/per  without shipping delay 


Should I do that upgrade aswell then ? I dont really know what changing any of it will do.

 

And thanks to someones great advice im considering another option which is audio technica ath-ad700x and xonar essence STX setup

instead of the xonar DGX, Audio-GD NFB-15.32 and AKG K702 setup.


Which of the two would be the better option ? So hard to choose because both of the setups seem really good. But I really like the K702 because you can change out the cable if it takes any damage. How would those two setups compare in games/music/movies  ?

post #18266 of 24489
Thread Starter 
If it's for FPS mainly, the K702 isn't gonna give you an advantage over what the AD700x does for cheaper. they'll be comparable, with the K702 setup being better sounding overall for all purposes.

I didn't do the BNC upgrade, because RCA has it's real world use, and BNC seems to be a proprietary input. I have nothing that uses BNC, so it didn't make sense to buy it.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 11/23/13 at 9:24am
post #18267 of 24489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffen00 View Post
 

If I buy the Audio-GD NFB-15.32 should I tell them to add a TCXO for 20$ extra, is it worth it ?


It's $20 for something that you will use for years, so might as well get it.

Some people end up adding the TCXO after they buy the 15.32, so might as well buy it installed.

This way they can test it before it's shipped out.

post #18268 of 24489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

If it's for FPS mainly, the K702 isn't gonna give you an advantage over what the AD700x does for cheaper. they'll be comparable, with the K702 setup being better sounding overall for all purposes.

I didn't do the BNC upgrade, because RCA has it's real world use, and BNC seems to be a proprietary input. I have nothing that uses BNC, so it didn't make sense to buy it.

Funny thing is in sweden K702 and AD700x has the same price :I which is like 300$ if i convert the currency to USD. Ok then i wont get the BNC either thanks for the answer.

post #18269 of 24489
Quote:
Originally Posted by designbykai View Post

Are you serious that THIS sounds good MLE/others who've heard it?? This is the one youre talking about?
http://dx.com/p/mini-clip-on-microphone-7080
Wow..I'd expect it to do the job but sound like you're talking through a tin can at that price

 

I can also agree that he came through loud and clear. It didn't sound like he was standing in front of me of course, but it sounded better than many headset microphones I've heard people using over the years. So much so in fact, now that I've confirmed that's the mic he was using I've ordered one for myself. I seem to be buying headphones with dual entry now and the BoomPro isn't going to be useful at all on the HD650 or the Alpha Dogs. The MA900 is single entry, but not detachable without modding. And my wife has claimed my Modmic for work so I can no longer use it :p

post #18270 of 24489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffen00 View Post
 

Replace the RCA coaxial by BNC socket: Cost is USD10/per  without shipping delay 


Should I do that upgrade as well then ? I don't really know what changing any of it will do.

 

And thanks to someones great advice I'm considering another option which is audio Technica ath-ad700x and Xonar Essence STX setup

instead of the Xonar DGX, Audio-GD NFB-15.32 and AKG K702 setup.


Which of the two would be the better option ? So hard to choose because both of the setups seem really good. But I really like the K702 because you can change out the cable if it takes any damage. How would those two setups compare in games/music/movies  ?

I would say to pass on the BNC, As you do not really have a reason for swapping to the BNCs.

The 15.32 do not provide any surround sound features, where as the Essence STX does.

But I think the DGX/15.32/K702 is worth the extra cash and the DGX has Dolby Headphone 5.1 surround sound and in the future when you feel you have a need to upgrade to a newer sound card, you only need to buy the cheapest model.

Plus there is the chance any headphones you use with the 15.32 might sound a little better then if you used the Essence STX.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added)