Edited by martin vegas - 11/22/13 at 9:04am
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on Today at 8:38 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added) - Page 1216post #18226 of 2620411/22/13 at 9:03am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #18227 of 2620411/22/13 at 9:14ampost #18228 of 2620411/22/13 at 9:15ampost #18229 of 2620411/22/13 at 9:20ampost #18230 of 2620411/22/13 at 10:44ampost #18231 of 2620411/22/13 at 11:09ampost #18232 of 2620411/22/13 at 11:14amQuote:
They're ok, but not going to drive it to it's potential. Also the STX + E17/E12 would be a waste. The STX is just as powerful on it's own IIRC. Personally, I would grab a Xonar DG or DGX and one of the Audio-GD products.post #18233 of 2620411/22/13 at 11:19amQuote:
Ok thanks, which one would you pick for mostly (PC) gaming and some music/movies. AKG K702 or Q701 or K712 or K702 annies?post #18234 of 2620411/22/13 at 11:22amQuote:
If you got the Fiio E12, then you would not really need to buy an STX, the cheaper Xonar DX or D1 would do the job.
If you got the FiiO E17, then the you could get the cheaper Xonar DG or DGX.
Or a Creative Labs Sound blaster Z (SB1500, retail box) sound card, $100, on it's own, should, I would assume, drive the K702 decently.post #18235 of 2620411/22/13 at 11:27amQuote:
I have the Annies and they're wonderful. Judging from responses in this thread, the K712 is very similar. The Q701 is also similar, but it has the headband bumps and regular foam earpads. You can search around to see how much of a difference there is between them.post #18236 of 2620411/22/13 at 11:42amQuote:
hmm think I need to be abit cheap and skip k712/ annies and go for Q701 or k702. Even after looking around im still not sure which one of the two to take :Ipost #18237 of 2620411/22/13 at 11:50amQuote:
Another option for amping is soundcard --> optical --> FiiO D3 --> RCA --> Schiit Magni/Objective 2 amp.
Edited by Murder Mike - 11/22/13 at 11:51ampost #18238 of 2620411/22/13 at 12:15pmpost #18239 of 2620411/22/13 at 12:49pm
If the M50s had better soundstage i would buy them in a heartbeat but unfortunately thats not the case. Im not looking for a massive soundstage, just one where its relatively easy to pinpoint where footsteps are coming from in Counter-Strike for example. The M50s seem almost perfect apart from the soundstage, they have exactly what i want judging by this guide. The bass, comfort, closed isolation and very sturdy build quality! Budget would be about $150.
So what would you recommend?post #18240 of 2620411/22/13 at 12:51pm
Think my final choise will be the K702 because you can swap out the cable if needed right ? And then a Asus Xonar DGX and lastly im not sure if i should take the Audio-GD NFB-11.32 or the Audio-GD NFB-15.32
Edited by Hoffen00 - 11/22/13 at 1:29pm
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Schiit Owners Unite 26 seconds ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread 40 seconds ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 4 minutes ago
- › Sonic Satori - HRT Levels the Field with the MicroStreamer 4 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 4 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Audioquest Columbia 72V DBS XLR Interconnects 1 meter. FREE Shipping! 7 minutes ago
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)