Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 2/18/13 at 1:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: Today
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Disclaimer: I received my R3s for free under the condition I would write a review for them. Purchase price reflects their going rate on a popular online retailer at the time of the review. The...
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added) - Page 1204
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #18047 of 2575011/19/13 at 5:00ampost #18048 of 2575011/19/13 at 6:54amQuote:
How well does it isolate you from ambient noise, people talking a few feet away from you?post #18049 of 2575011/19/13 at 7:33am
Deciding between two setups, input would be appreciated. Currently have dt770 pro-250s. Two options I'm considering are:
SoundBlaster Z > Magni > dt770
RazerSurround > Modi > Magni > dt770
I've demo'd the razer software and it's is not too shabby for what it is. Is SBX much better if at all? This is for game immersion with headphones only, I don't like any type of software on while listening to music and I watch movies on an actual 5.1 setup.
I love DH for its superior positional cues but I just can't deal with all the reverb.
Edited by Breaker - 11/19/13 at 7:39ampost #18050 of 2575011/19/13 at 7:42am^ just plugged in my Z, let's see if it works. Creatives last gen THX TruStudio Pro was, IMO, on par or slightly better than DH positioning (your ears may vary), and it didn't have the reverb of DH which I didn't like either.post #18051 of 2575011/19/13 at 7:43amQuote:
The 900X isolates quite well.
I use it while commuting a lot and at home it's a non-issue.
There is TV playing, PC humming, people talking and I find it isolates quite fine.
Not as well as the Pro 900 used to [I think, by memory] but decent isolation.
It doesn't leak at all too.post #18052 of 2575011/19/13 at 7:46amQuote:
Can someone answer his questions please, instead of just ignoring him?post #18053 of 2575011/19/13 at 7:54amQuote:
I wrote a lengthy response to his question, what you just quoted contains no question AND what I said before applies to what you quoted.post #18054 of 2575011/19/13 at 7:59am
What you said was that he needs two pairs of headphones, if I remember correctly..why doesn't he just get a stx and use dolby headphone with a good pair of beyers?post #18055 of 2575011/19/13 at 8:03amQuote:
Because they are not an all-rounder headphone?post #18056 of 2575011/19/13 at 8:13am
Is the bass any better with the Audio Technica ATH A900x?post #18057 of 2575011/19/13 at 8:14ampost #18058 of 2575011/19/13 at 8:16am
SoundBlaster Z > Magni > dt770: You'd have to use the headphone out in conjunction with the amp to get correct headphone surround. You wouldn't want to use the line outs, because as of now this new range of Sound Blasters would consider your headphones to be speakers. I've tried it and it sounds weird to me. The old X-Fi's did not do this (you could use the line-outs with headphones).
You could get away without that amp but it'd most certainly help - and somebody in the Z thread used a Magni via the headphone out and reported that there was no distortion. Please bear in mind this isn't an ideal solution but it worked for that guy. I'd try it without the amp first.
Razer Surround > Modi > Magni > dt770: Not as good as SBZ Pro or DH, but as you say it's not too shabby. It has however been criticised for poor overall SQ. Checkout The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio thread or the Creative Sound Blaster new série Z thread for more info/endless arguments .
SoundBlaster ZxR > dt770: ?? Same (ish) price as the above solutions. I'd go for this option myself.
Edited by SaLX - 11/19/13 at 8:24ampost #18059 of 2575011/19/13 at 8:16ampost #18060 of 2575011/19/13 at 8:17amThat was a reply to slog, Spooky specifically asked about the MA900 and the dark side of the moon album. He didn't ask about beyers. The STX is a decent option but people complain about driver support, the hot gaming soundcards for PC right now (with good drivers) are Creative's new Z line of soundblasters.
Nobody was being ignored.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 15 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 36 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 1 minute ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Best 2.1 computer sound system 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 3 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 4 minutes ago
- › Would a portable tube amp pair better with high impedance... 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)