Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added) - Page 1199

post #17971 of 25707
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicolom View Post
 

 

 

:eek:

 

I guess I shouldn't be surprised since Blu-Rays hold ~50 gigs, but still.  Were any PS3 game downloads ever that big?  I'm guessing multiplatforms were all around ~7gb but did any PS3 exclusives ever get that big in size?

 

I'm sure ISPs will love these game downloads.  :veryevil:

Not that big. But Killzone 3 had 30GBs I think and The Last of Us even had over 4TB at one point [!!!!, but all working data obviously]. God of War was also huge....

Exclusive games had tens of GBs, third parties noticeably less, usually <10GB.

 

But yeah, next gen, higher level textures, resolutions,... I can't even imagine how long that'd take me to download 0_0 I am happy for hard copies :]

post #17972 of 25707

Well, I'm really excited for the boost in asset quality now that next-gen is finally arriving. 

 

Hopefully devs will up the audio quality as well and take advantage of that AMD "TrueAudio" tech.

 

:popcorn: 

 


Edited by chicolom - 11/15/13 at 3:08pm
post #17973 of 25707

MLE.. did Audio Technica respond re you testing samples of their new gaming headsets?

post #17974 of 25707
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post


So you have an xBox 360?
I would guess(?) you could plug a USB microphone into the xBox 360 (guessing).
The only mic inputs on an Xbox360 are the proprietary wireless used for Microsoft's earpieces (and that one poorly regarded Tritton), and the 2.5mm jack built-in to the controller. Almost everyone has had success using a cheap 2.5mm-to-3.5mm adapter into the controller to plug in an external mic. A cheap ($2-$3) lapel mic or ModMic have really proven themselves as being the most practical options with good quality.

USB is only for power, controllers, or storage drives 16GB or less. Unfortunately frown.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGamer View Post

bump
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGamer View Post

bump

You are right where Mad Lust Envy was just before he started this thread. Read the intro. Then read some of the reviews. I'm pretty sure people have been mostly ignoring you because your questions are answered on the first page... That's why the guide was written. Mad's not paid to do this... Can you imagine personalizing and re-reviewing headphones for every stranger that wanders in here? It would feel like work! Unpaid! So, instead, Mad has clearly made his opinions known on that guide, so people, who are curious like he was, have the info to make their own choices. If you keep bumping a thread instead of reading and thinking, you're just going to annoy the community that is in here.

Read the guide [the first post], draw your own conclusions, stop posting unless you have something to contribute. Seems fair, no?
post #17975 of 25707
Thread Starter 
Yeah, but that was the Aussie branch who couldn't do anything for me. I'll contact the usa branch...eventually. lol.



So got my PS4, and maaaaan is it crippled atm. Took an eternity just to set up some settings that needed an internet connection. Bought Killzone off the Amazon digital downloads, and the ps4 states I have 99 hours until it's completed. Even downloading Amazon Instant Video took an eternity. I hope by the time I come home tomorrow morning, it's running somewhat ok.

Some settings are either missing, or takes Indiana Jones to find. Hell, to turn off remote play on my Vita, I literally have to turn on the ps4 controller so that the Vita gets kicked off. It's not intuitive. Something as simple as changing the profile avatar is nowhere to be found.

I hope it's just because psn is so messed up on ps4 atm.
post #17976 of 25707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

Yeah, but that was the Aussie branch who couldn't do anything for me. I'll contact the usa branch...eventually. lol.



So got my PS4, and maaaaan is it crippled atm. Took an eternity just to set up some settings that needed an internet connection. Bought Killzone off the Amazon digital downloads, and the ps4 states I have 99 hours until it's completed. Even downloading Amazon Instant Video took an eternity. I hope by the time I come home tomorrow morning, it's running somewhat ok.

Some settings are either missing, or takes Indiana Jones to find. Hell, to turn off remote play on my Vita, I literally have to turn on the ps4 controller so that the Vita gets kicked off. It's not intuitive. Something as simple as changing the profile avatar is nowhere to be found.

I hope it's just because psn is so messed up on ps4 atm.

 

Navigating through the menus just takes some getting used to, but I get what you mean.

 

As far as download times... they're long but not 99 hours long; at least not for me. My internet has 30mbps download speed; just to give an idea of what I'm working with. NBA 2K14 downloaded while my friend and I played a quick match... so about 1 hour or so for 46gb. And I let BF4 download overnight... so no idea there.


Edited by Change is Good - 11/15/13 at 8:57pm
post #17977 of 25707
^launch popularity?
If I wasn't trying to get through a game backlog, I'd be right there with ya. I'll probably get most of my games on disc... Crazy that a disc can store 50 GB ph34r.gif
I'm pretty confident that after the initial activation frenzy, you'll have a better experience.

If I had a following like you do... I'd do a write-up for the guide. But lately, I haven't been producing much. Who knows, maybe I'll get something done on thanksgiving, but once Black Friday hits I'll probably disappear for a while, lol.
post #17978 of 25707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evshrug View Post

^launch popularity?
If I wasn't trying to get through a game backlog, I'd be right there with ya. I'll probably get most of my games on disc... Crazy that a disc can store 50 GB ph34r.gif
I'm pretty confident that after the initial activation frenzy, you'll have a better experience.

If I had a following like you do... I'd do a write-up for the guide. But lately, I haven't been producing much. Who knows, maybe I'll get something done on thanksgiving, but once Black Friday hits I'll probably disappear for a while, lol.

 

:ph34r:

 

I'm disappearing after my last surprise comes in on Tuesday. I had to return an IEM that I bought on a impulse, and exchanged it for something I've been wanting to try for a while (also to avoid a restocking fee). It's still mid-fi, and won't be too surprising to some in here if they're familiar with what I already have... and like.

 

As a result, I might have a couple goodies for sale, soon... :cool: 


Edited by Change is Good - 11/15/13 at 9:10pm
post #17979 of 25707
^KSC 35?
wink.gif
I hope to read some 1540 impressions from someone I'm familiar with, used to similar headphones. Still rockin your K712's? I want to play with mine, but I know if I start now I'll be exhausted in the morning wink.gif
I still can't get myself to sell my Q701 though, lol.
Edited by Evshrug - 11/15/13 at 9:13pm
post #17980 of 25707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post
 

:ph34r:

 

I'm disappearing after my last surprise comes in on Tuesday. I had to return an IEM that I bought on a impulse, and exchanged it for something I've been wanting to try for a while (also to avoid a restocking fee). It's still mid-fi, and won't be too surprising to some in here if they're familiar with what I already have... and like.

 

Hmm...

 

:popcorn:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evshrug View Post

^launch popularity?
If I wasn't trying to get through a game backlog, I'd be right there with ya. I'll probably get most of my games on disc... Crazy that a disc can store 50 GB ph34r.gif

 

Yeah, I still have a "current-gen" backlog of about 10+ games I need to get through.

 

I think I'll get games on disc when possible too.  I like having a physical collection of cases and box art.  Plus transporting 40gb games around isn't really possible without that convenient blu-ray disc.  A 40gb download game seems highly unportable.


Edited by chicolom - 11/15/13 at 9:16pm
post #17981 of 25707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evshrug View Post

^KSC 35?
wink.gif
I hope to read some 1540 impressions from someone I'm familiar with, used to similar headphones. Still rockin your K712's? I want to play with mine, but I know if I start now I'll be exhausted in the morning wink.gif
I still can't get myself to sell my Q701 though, lol.

 

Yea I'm still rockin my K712s, very often, though what I have coming in may replace them... ;)

 

As for the 1540, here are some that I posted in the 1540 thread, for now...

 

Quote:
 Midrange and treble seems linear but not recessed at all. The bass has great impact without overshadowing the rest of the frequency... making it a rather enjoyable fun headphone. Soundstage is pretty wide for it to be a closed headphone... and is actually one of the largest I've heard among that category falling slightly behind the HP100.

 

Quote:
Man, do these pack some punch compared to what I'm used to. I had already shipped out the MDs before the 1540 arrived; so I couldn't do any A/B-ing. The 1540 has a significant bass emphasis, compared to the MD 3.2, while still maintaining great detail and extension without hampering it's frequency. Nothing is recessed... so no need to think these are U-Shaped by any means.
 
The K712 PRO is very similar to the MD in sound signature (slight differences being large soundstage, slightly less bass and slightly more upper mids). So, in the end, I am appreciating the 1540 a little more because it has an extremely "fun" sound signature to compliment the reference sound of the K712. Not that the MD 3.2 wasn't fun or a great compliment, itself, it was just too similar and I always felt the need for a little more bass, sometimes.

 

Quote:
Well, I ordered a pair of Alpha pads and can say the 1540 responds very well to them while adding the extra isolation I needed. The changes in sound is nothing too dramatic, but it does tighten the bass up slightly.
 
Getting a good fit was a bishh, though, as the angle of the pads along with the angle of the drivers were not cooperating with each other. I finally just kept turning the pads until I found a decent fit by having the angles facing the top of the headphones. It's a tight fit, but still really comfy and with a better sound to it's low end, IMO.

Edited by Change is Good - 11/15/13 at 9:26pm
post #17982 of 25707
^ Cool info, thanks. Not "my" kind of headphone, but sounds like something worth suggesting to others. Comparing it directly to the M-100 would be interesting... maybe I'm a hypocrite for saying it's not my kind of headphone when I own an M-100, LOL. Sometimes it's fun to have variety.

Also... Even looking through your post history I can't guess what headphone you're going for now with any certainty. HE-500? I've just not been on Head-Fi as much, too much work (and now Tiny Death Star, I only just managed to kick my Guardian Cross addiction and only two weeks later picked up a new iOS addiction!).

Chico,
I'm in line with everything you just said.
Edited by Evshrug - 11/15/13 at 9:41pm
post #17983 of 25707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evshrug View Post

^ Cool info, thanks. Not "my" kind of headphone, but sounds like something worth suggesting to others. Comparing it directly to the M-100 would be interesting... maybe I'm a hypocrite for saying it's not my kind of headphone when I own an M-100, LOL. Sometimes it's fun to have variety.

Also... Even looking through your post history I can't guess what headphone you're going for now with any certainty. HE-500? I've just not been on Head-Fi as much, too much work (and now Tiny Death Star, I only just managed to kick my Guardian Cross addiction and only two weeks later picked up a new iOS addiction!).

 

If the HE-500 was available where I had to do the exchange it would have definitely been my choice. I will say that I almost bit on an HE-500 when Razordog had given me an offer I almost could not refuse, but did...

 

As for what I'm getting, you will soon see my friend lol... :ph34r:

post #17984 of 25707
*starts digging out the binoculars*
...
Eh.
*puts on K712 and Batman AC*
/me weak willed.
*eats extra-peanutbutter Nutty Bar"
post #17985 of 25707

*sends you a pm*

...

*puts on the K712 and BF4 on PS4*

...

*grabs a slimjim and a soda*

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added)