Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added) - Page 1168

post #17506 of 25553

Ah, yes. I've found this:

 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stereo-AUX-IN-iPhone-smartphone-players/dp/B00CTWEHLU/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&qid=1382391066&sr=8-21&keywords=3.5mm+to+3.5mm

 

Thanks, I think that's it :)

post #17507 of 25553

You think the KSC75 would be decent for handheld gaming and music on the go?

I own the monoprice 8320 IEM's and while there are good they hurt my ears after awhile so i'm looking at clip ons since they look like an interesting option.

post #17508 of 25553

Hey chico,

 

If you were to have to choose between the M-Stage and iCAN which would it be? I just ordered the Asgard 2 to pair with my MDs and will be looking to sell one of them. I am leaning towards keeping the M-Stage because it pairs so well with the K712.

 

I'm going to miss those switches on the iCAN, though. The choice will not be easy... but one must go.

 

Of course, I will be thoroughly testing the iCAN before selling (if I do decide to sell it) beforehand to make sure there aren't any issues like the other day. So far everything has been working just fine. I think I might still send it in for replacement, though... just for peace of mind.


Edited by Change is Good - 10/21/13 at 3:04pm
post #17509 of 25553

I am convinced. Gonna get the ATH-A900X [W1000X is too expensive :/ and it'd be a shame to use for portable use :D]

Many reliable head-fi sources tell me they are pretty good.

Just don't tell MLE :veryevil:

post #17510 of 25553
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkingdomhearts View Post

You think the KSC75 
would be decent for handheld gaming and music on the go?
I own the monoprice 8320 IEM's and while there are good they hurt my ears after awhile so i'm looking at clip ons since they look like an interesting option.

Absolutely. Even better is if you get the Sportapro alongside the KSC75, and snap off the Sportapro drivers to use with the KSC75's clips. instant KSC35 (with comfier clips). Just bend the KSC75 clips inward, as when you get the out the package, the drivers are more separated from your ears than they should be for optimal sound quality.

conquer, like I said, I haven't had extensive sessions with the A900x. If you like it, that's great. For that price, I'd just save up for some Mad Dogs though.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 10/21/13 at 3:11pm
post #17511 of 25553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post


Absolutely. Even better is if you get the Sportapro alongside the KSC75, and snap off the Sportapro drivers to use with the KSC75's clips. instant KSC35 (with comfier clips). Just bend the KSC75 clips inward, as when you get the out the package, the drivers are more separated from your ears than they should be for optimal sound quality.

conquer, like I said, I haven't had extensive sessions with the A900x. If you like it, that's great. For that price, I'd just save up for some Mad Dogs though.

Can you give me a link to the Sportapro I don't know if the one I'm looking at is the right one.

post #17512 of 25553
Thread Starter 
post #17513 of 25553

I think I'll just buy the KSC75 since I don't want to spend too much money right now.

post #17514 of 25553
Thread Starter 
That's fair. the KSC75 is stellar. Just if you end up really liking it, get that Sportapro. Trust me.

Again, make sure you bend the clips inward so the drivers press towards your ears. If not, it will sound all bright and lack bass. Takes a few seconds, and you can bend them back out if it's too much.



make sure when you wear it, the ear lobe is between the driver and the clip, like how the KSC35 looks here. That is the correct way to wear the clip ons. If you don't have a hang ear lobe like I do, well, you may have to be creative. As long as the end of the clip is basically behind the ear lobe, you should be ok.

Yes, I know I had to shave that day. biggrin.gif
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 10/21/13 at 3:33pm
post #17515 of 25553

I just discovered Osu! (rhythm based game). Pretty bad ass and addicting. And you can enjoy music on your headphones at the same time, heh.

 

So far I've just been finding beatmaps of my favorite anime songs. I'm still trying to get used to the game (failing a lot).... apparently it's easier if you are playing on a tablet. On the PC you are stuck using your mouse pretty much, but it's still really fun.

 

Any other really good rhythm games out there? Only one I've really played before is Stepmania.

post #17516 of 25553
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pervysage View Post

I just discovered Osu! (rhythm based game). Pretty bad ass and addicting. And you can enjoy music on your headphones at the same time, heh.

So far I've just been finding beatmaps of my favorite anime songs. I'm still trying to get used to the game (failing a lot).... apparently it's easier if you are playing on a tablet. On the PC you are stuck using your mouse pretty much, but it's still really fun.

Any other really good rhythm games out there? Only one I've really played before is Stepmania.

DJ Max Portable... though I guess you need a PSP/Vita for those. the PC had one IIRC, but I never played it. Rhythm Thief on the 3ds is pretty sweet too.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 10/21/13 at 3:38pm
post #17517 of 25553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackem View Post
 

The Fidelio X1s look immense but they're open :( One of the main problems I often find with headphones is that they press the arms of my glasses into the side of my head, making my glasses feel like they're squashed up against my head. I'd love a super comfortable pair of headphones for music and gaming but I tend to end up getting IEMs simply because they don't interfere with my glasses, don't cause me discomfort and nobody near me can hear what I am listening to.

 

Sigh.

Why are there no headphones with glasses attached directly to them instead?

post #17518 of 25553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post


Absolutely. Even better is if you get the Sportapro alongside the KSC75, and snap off the Sportapro drivers to use with the KSC75's clips. instant KSC35 (with comfier clips). Just bend the KSC75 clips inward, as when you get the out the package, the drivers are more separated from your ears than they should be for optimal sound quality.

conquer, like I said, I haven't had extensive sessions with the A900x. If you like it, that's great. For that price, I'd just save up for some Mad Dogs though.

 

Mad Dogs won't work for portability reasons. I mean I am planning to use them portable first hand and I am not gonna spending some money on portable gear any time soon.

 

900X can be powered by my lowly Clip+. Mad Dogs, on the other hand... no way, right?

 

They are just releasing the Alpha Dogs which are an improvement to them but are way above my budget.

 

That said, I'd love to hear the Mad Dogs some day, but probably not now... Would be a waste IMO :/

post #17519 of 25553
Thread Starter 
I don't see the Alpha Dogs as a replacement but as a higher end alternative, since the tonal balance is gonna be different. Warm and intimate vs neutral and more spacious... though I haven't heard the AD yet so I can't say. I envision it as like the HD600 vs the HD650. They have their pros and cons.

But yeah, the MD probably won't sound amazing unamped.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 10/21/13 at 4:10pm
post #17520 of 25553
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaLX View Post
 

Why are there no headphones with glasses attached directly to them instead?

 

Heh, I've never really had any problems while wearing glasses with the Annies, X1's or TH900. In fact, my glasses are really loose fitting and always sliding down my nose, so the headphones actually help keep them in place :D

 

I can see it being a problem with headphones that really clamp down on your head... but all of the above don't really do that.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added)