Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added) - Page 1135

post #17011 of 26156

The M-stage is a fairly long amp, so I guess take that into account.

post #17012 of 26156
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicolom View Post
 

 

Haha

 

Yes.  I've noticed that as well.  How can their ears take that much volume?

 

*Person gives me a headphone then turns the volume several "o'clocks" past comfortable listening level*

Person:  So...how does this headphone sound to you?

Me:  Hmm....LOUD!!  

 

 

 

 

That's not too far off from the price difference here.

 

MA900 ~$189

K712    ~$385

 

Where is there you are?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonFox View Post
 

 

 

Now through Sept. 15th, get $115 off the NEW K712 PRO with coupon code RAZORDOGK712

 

 

Thanks,

 

:evil:

 

Thanks.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evshrug View Post


I am greatly anticipating the possibility, I asked Creative's social media team a question about using their products on a Mac and console, like an update to the Recon3D USB, and they hinted that there may be something to address that "trend that is clearly growing" and I might hear from them in the coming months. I don't think it's been long enough yet, not been quite a month yet since that email, but I am anticipating great things. In the meantime, I am re-acquiring a Recon3D USB and I intend to compare them someday.
The fact that you aren't a native English speaker, yet you used the word "manifesting," makes you awesome in my view. smily_headphones1.gif
Among the headphones you listed, with your preferences, I would suggest either the Sony or AKG headphone. Everyone so far has been surprisingly pleased with the MA900, it gives you everything you need and is very easy to live with, but the AKG provides that extra 2% of wow that will spoil you from anything less.

 

Am I awesome? Sorry but I don't think so. I just made a lot of use of the Google Translator. :D This what I'm writing here right now is, in much of, supported by it. Even so, thanks. I'm still not understanding whether that word was suitable. Whatever. It may be because both Portuguese and English make much use of Latin words. e.g. In Portuguese, we have the verb "manifestar". I think this is a cognate. Two languages ​​and the same word. It's funny, is not it? Once again, thank you so much for your reply. :)

 

One point that makes me look more likely to the Sony than the AKG is the fact that the former is much easier to drive. Furthermore, there is the price point. Do you think it's a good idea to use the same headset for PC and console? If so, the MA900 has advantage because I intend to use it with a Sound Blaster Z series. As its amplification is enough good for the Sony but is not for AKG, and as it is not a good idea to use an external amp with SB-Z...

 

A more question: Do you or anyone know whether NFL Madden for PS3 will be avaiable for streaming for PS4?

post #17013 of 26156
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicolom View Post
 

 

 

It's a good amp, better than other amps I've owned.  I don't know how it compares to the T1 though.

 

If you ever want to borrow my T1 I could drive it up one day. Grab a bite at that BBQ place in town. I plan to bring it to the next meet, since I'll be going out of my way to make that one. A quick note, the amp is SS, the tube is only for the DAC and can only be used through USB. But for a cheap little amp (I got mine for just over $100) it can put out 1W.

post #17014 of 26156

Hey Envy do you know anyone who might be interested in a pair of HD595s and/or fiio e17 in the orlando area?

post #17015 of 26156
Quote:

Originally Posted by LB Felipe View Post

 

A more question: Do you or anyone know whether NFL Madden for PS3 will be avaiable for streaming for PS4?

 

If you bought the game from PSN then yes you will be able to stream it on PS4, but will remain the PS3 version of the game. If I'm not mistaken you should be able to buy the digital PS4 copy for $10 when it becomes available since you already bought the PS3 version from PSN. EA has a list of current gen games that you can upgrade to the next gen for $10... I believe Madden is one of those games.


Edited by Change is Good - 9/24/13 at 2:08pm
post #17016 of 26156
Quote:
Originally Posted by LB Felipe View Post
 

 

Where is there you are?

 

Ohio?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelCloris View Post
 

 

If you ever want to borrow my T1 I could drive it up one day. Grab a bite at that BBQ place in town. I plan to bring it to the next meet, since I'll be going out of my way to make that one. A quick note, the amp is SS, the tube is only for the DAC and can only be used through USB. But for a cheap little amp (I got mine for just over $100) it can put out 1W.

 

 

Cool.  The T1 looks pretty cheap for an Amp and DAC.

 

I'm not nearly as picky about amps as your typical head-fier, and I won't describe any lavish differences between one amp and another.  But I'll check it out at the next meet.  ;) 

post #17017 of 26156
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicolom View Post
 

Cool.  The T1 looks pretty cheap for an Amp and DAC.

 

I'm not nearly as picky about amps as your typical head-fier, and I won't describe any lavish differences between one amp and another.  But I'll check it out at the next meet.  ;) 

 

Hopefully someone at the next meet will have an iCan so I can hear the different switches in action. *wink wink*

post #17018 of 26156
Has anyone tried out he Turtle Beach XPSeven yet? More specifically have they tried the audio control unit with other headphones. If they make the audio controller and console adapter available as separate products it could very well be the best solution on the market. With dolby headphone chips costing less than $5 I find it hard to believe that no one has made a better attempt at a stand alone gaming headphone mixer.
post #17019 of 26156
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelCloris View Post
 

 

If you ever want to borrow my T1 I could drive it up one day. Grab a bite at that BBQ place in town. I plan to bring it to the next meet, since I'll be going out of my way to make that one. A quick note, the amp is SS, the tube is only for the DAC and can only be used through USB. But for a cheap little amp (I got mine for just over $100) it can put out 1W.

Can you please describe me the t1? How is the quality? I want to buy it in China for 110usd.

I'm currently using the E17, it it a considerably upgrade?


Edited by widdyjudas - 9/24/13 at 7:11pm
post #17020 of 26156
Quote:
Originally Posted by widdyjudas View Post
 

Can you please describe me the t1? How is the quality? I want to buy it in China for 110usd.

 

The amp is pretty clean sounding. Doesn't color the music, does a good job of increasing separation a bit. It drives all the headphones I've had/have very well. The DAC sounds however you want it to sound, the tube definitely colors the music. I picked up the upgraded tube, not the stock version. I've been considering picking up different NOS tubes, but that's down the road for me. The one I got in the upgraded box sounds excellent to me. Compared to the DAC that's built into my Macbook, it adds a bit of warmth but not a huge amount. For gaming I don't use the DAC at all as I've been running the Recon3D to the T1 when I needed the amp. But currently my headset is the M-80 and I only use the T1 for music right now.

post #17021 of 26156
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelCloris View Post
 

 

The amp is pretty clean sounding. Doesn't color the music, does a good job of increasing separation a bit. It drives all the headphones I've had/have very well. The DAC sounds however you want it to sound, the tube definitely colors the music. I picked up the upgraded tube, not the stock version. I've been considering picking up different NOS tubes, but that's down the road for me. The one I got in the upgraded box sounds excellent to me. Compared to the DAC that's built into my Macbook, it adds a bit of warmth but not a huge amount. For gaming I don't use the DAC at all as I've been running the Recon3D to the T1 when I needed the amp. But currently my headset is the M-80 and I only use the T1 for music right now.

Thanks for the description, I will getting it soon. Since i don't have enough space left on my desk, I think the T1 is the most suitable one for me. I'm using it with the X1, hoping it will not add more bass qty, but I do need more separation. Gaming I will wait for more info if those DH devices can support ps4.

Tubes, I think on this thread they described few good ones.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633006/aune-t1-usb-tube-dac-amp-discussion-thread-see-first-post-for-faq

At first I want to buy the Aune X1, but there are barely reviews for it and it seems the shop in china only has T1 stock.

post #17022 of 26156
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedChicken View Post

Has anyone tried out he Turtle Beach XPSeven yet? More specifically have they tried the audio control unit with other headphones. If they make the audio controller and console adapter available as separate products it could very well be the best solution on the market. With dolby headphone chips costing less than $5 I find it hard to believe that no one has made a better attempt at a stand alone gaming headphone mixer.

 

So glad you brought that up, I posted a couple of weeks ago trying to remember what the name of that device was. I would suggest waiting for the new DTS Headphone X products coming down the pipe end of this year supposedly.

 
-Erik
post #17023 of 26156
Thread Starter 
So my KSC75 and PX100 are on their way to wje to modify. I hope he gets it to work...
post #17024 of 26156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

So my KSC75 and PX100 are on their way to wje to modify. I hope he gets it to work...

 

Modify?

post #17025 of 26156
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicolom View Post
 

 

Modify?

 

Gentlemen, we can rebuild them. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic headphones. The KSC75/PX100 will be those headphones. Better than they were before. Better, stronger, faster.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added)