Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added) - Page 1109

post #16621 of 25560
Thread Starter 
The Sportapro headband assembly sucks though. Still, I would definitely recommend getting the Sportapro just to snap off the KSC35 drivers that it comes with, and using those with either the Parts express headband or Yuin G1A/KSC75 clips.

Speaking of, I need to reacquire some Yuin clips.

As always, if you get the KSC75, make sure to bend in the drivers closer to the clips, as in their default state, there is a lot of distance between the driver and your ear, and you'll lose a lot of bass, and make them very treble oriented. The closer the KSC75 is pressed to the ear, the better.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 9/7/13 at 11:50pm
post #16622 of 25560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evshrug View Post

So, it seems having a little more income has proven to be much more expensive, lol.

Xero, I know what you mean. How'd you like Bioshock Infinite? I'm up for watching a little DotA 2, I haven't found a mentor or fellow noob to play with/learn from yet.

 

Yeah i'm trying to convince myself the upgrade to a bifrost uber to match the asgard 2 but maybe i won't even hear the difference between that and the Titanium HD. Although an Fiio e17 would be nice for a work/commute setup but i hear they are buggy with android so i'm waiting out for the e18. 

Bioshock Infinite was pretty great. Alot shorter than i expected def much better with the 3D sound since the AI LOVES to flank you (stupid crow soldiers). Sorta unexpected ending since i was a fan of the original Bioshock game (I was pretty giddy when the referenced it). Can't wait for the Burial at Sea DLC. 

Been playing dota since the wc3 mod and i never really made it past just a casual gamer. My skills just never get past a certain point so i'm pretty noob friendly. add me up on steam and we can setup some bot matches (same as head-fi name). 

Also i'm pretty tempted to get a mixamp for my ps3 since GTA5 will be out in the next couple weeks and It'll give me a reason to plug in the PS3 lol. 

post #16623 of 25560
Thread Starter 
Finished Infinite myself (my first full playthrough of a Bioshock game, since I didn't like the other two).

Did NOT like the ending... but yeah, other than all that stuff in the end (started disliking it once they went to the Asylum), I enjoyed the game.
post #16624 of 25560

Im torn between the AKG K550 or the Sony MA900

Do u have any experience with the K550 Mad lust envy ?

Comfort wise and competitve wise?

post #16625 of 25560
Thread Starter 
Demoed it at the store. I don't like it. At all. Even took my own amp. Its so cold, lifeless. No thanks.
post #16626 of 25560

Just changed my X1 cable to aftermarket one (monster cable 100 DIY I guess) for 7usd. I can hear some improvement, but not much. Bass more controlled (although still bit too much) and treble more pronounced.

Question MLE, what is the difference with using silver cable? It cost 7 times the normal aftermarket cable, but what kind of improvement over the normal one?

post #16627 of 25560
Thread Starter 
I don't know the difference in metals. I just know the difference in going from the high resistance stock cable to lower and lower resistance tightens the bass a smidge and makes the headphone slightly brighter. All very subtle.
post #16628 of 25560

I mean the difference in sound from normal aftermarket and silver cable.

I can definitely hear the sound improved. it becomes more bright and the bass becomes more controlled, although still bit too much.

Problem is, this new cable is so thick and stiff. It put more weights and becomes less comfortable over the philips one. I'm also afraid it will put more strain with the X1 input jack

Here the picture comparison.

post #16629 of 25560
Quote:
Originally Posted by widdyjudas View Post
 

I mean the difference in sound from normal aftermarket and silver cable.

I can definitely hear the sound improved. it becomes more bright and the bass becomes more controlled, although still bit too much.

Problem is, this new cable is so thick and stiff. It put more weights and becomes less comfortable over the philips one. I'm also afraid it will put more strain with the X1 input jack

Here the picture comparison.

I don't have a lot of experience with cables, but I do have a couple silver-plated copper cables, one on my AKGs and one connecting the amp to my sound card. The main differences I noticed is better coherency, transparency, dynamics, extension, and a more controlled sound. I haven't noticed any increase of brightness over the old cables, the old cables were slightly harsher sounding actually.

post #16630 of 25560
Silver is the best conductor
But looks cheaper than gold
Edited by Mitchb2020 - 9/8/13 at 4:28pm
post #16631 of 25560
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0verlord View Post

While everyone is talking about sound cards, what sound card is recommended for gaming usage (Dolby Headphone, I guess?) for the Senn PC 360? I believe someone mentioned an Asus card, however, there seems to have been a few more brought up and I'm wondering what would best fit my usage scenario.

 



Jumping off my last question, is a sound card required to get virtual surround (Dolby Headphone)?
post #16632 of 25560
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0verlord View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0verlord View Post

While everyone is talking about sound cards, what sound card is recommended for gaming usage (Dolby Headphone, I guess?) for the Senn PC 360? I believe someone mentioned an Asus card, however, there seems to have been a few more brought up and I'm wondering what would best fit my usage scenario.

 



Jumping off my last question, is a sound card required to get virtual surround (Dolby Headphone)?
If your onboard sound outputs Dolby Digital Live (optical) you could use a little external unit like a DSS v.1 or a mixamp. Check eBay for good prices used.
post #16633 of 25560

I'm just concerned the stiffness and heavy of the new cable will put strain on X1 input jack. I heard that it quite fragile. I don't know that this cable is so stiff and heavy, since I bought it online.

Is it wise to continue using the cable? Or just buy lighter better cable.

post #16634 of 25560
If it concerns you take weight and pressure of the headphone by say resting the majority of the cable on your desk and give it some extra slack
A cheap light cable can be had for 5 bucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by widdyjudas View Post

I'm just concerned the stiffness and heavy of the new cable will put strain on X1 input jack. I heard that it quite fragile. I don't know that this cable is so stiff and heavy, since I bought it online.
Is it wise to continue using the cable? Or just buy lighter better cable.
post #16635 of 25560
Don't think this qualifies as a double post

Should i get a
Q701s + sbz
Or
Fidelio x1s and the sbz later

As the q701s cost 350 together
And the Fidelio x1s cost 340
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added)