Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added) - Page 1097

post #16441 of 25597
Thread Starter 
If you plan on attaching a mic, yes. If just for single player gaming, no, though those AKG drivers do scale with better amping. A Schiit Magni would do the Annies justice, as far as budget friendly amping goes.


Ah yeah, sorry guys, I should be sending out the MA900 soon, so....

Evs, Change (you still want to try the MA900?), Matt, calpis, I need your names/addresses.

I'll leave the X1 up for sale, but probably looks like I'll wanna keep them while the MA900 is away.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 9/4/13 at 9:16pm
post #16442 of 25597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

If you plan on attaching a mic, yes. If just for single player gaming, no, though those AKG drivers do scale with better amping. A Schiit Magni would do the Annies justice, as far as budget friendly amping goes.


Ah yeah, sorry guys, I should be sending out the MA900 soon, so....

Evs, Change (you still want to try the MA900?), Matt, calpis, I need your names/addresses.

I'll leave the X1 up for sale, but probably looks like I'll wanna keep them while the MA900 is away.

 

I'm down like four flat tires...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evshrug View Post

>_<

Reading this thread is torture. Of course I wanna try the MA900, but it was also a relief that Change's Annies sold (I mean, good for you selling them, but also... they would've sold soon regardless wink.gif ). And now, more posts about comfort. I don't NEED to keep up with the Jones' (Chicos?), I don't really HAVE any complaints, but... new stuff looks fun.
Am I a masochist for reading this thread (and being tight with my wallet)? Lol.

Edit: I say that, post, then get a weird feeling seeing the two posts made since I loaded this page and wrote my post.

 

Hahaha! Glad it worked out... though I see you biting the hook on something else very soon! :wink:

post #16443 of 25597

I ordered my Annies from razordogaudio late August so I've only had them for 1 week so far.  I'm still a newbie at this so I may be wrong about the pads but they don't seem round like an inner tube shape like the Annie pictures Chicolom posted.  I'll try to post some photobucket links but I can't find what the max image size I can post here, the intro FAQ for this forum didn't specify, so I'll resize them down to 800x600 to be safe.  Actually, since I'm still new, I'm not sure the image links will work due to the anti-spam measures in place.  I'll try anyway.

 

EDIT: yay, I can insert proper image links now.

 

 

 

 

It's hard to get the lighting just right to show the shape.  The black velour/velvety texture makes it very hard to photograph.  The pads are about 24mm tall measuring from the outside plastic edge.  Chicolom's pictures show the original/older Annie pads to be noticeably shorter, although if that's from prolonged use/compression, I don't know for sure, and that's assuming mine are in fact different and are similar to the 712Pro pads.


Edited by AvroArrow - 9/9/13 at 4:54pm
post #16444 of 25597
AvroArrow,
They're good pics, I think this one gives me a good idea vs the Q701 pads I have:
AKG-003sm_zps81f693fb.jpg

Your pads have a bowl-shape to them, while my Q's have inner tube/ doughnut shaped pads.
[P.S., To get the image to display, I just copy/pasted the link in the "IMG" box in the "links" sidebar of your photobucket page, you can "quote" my reply to see how they coded that out]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post

I'm down like four flat tires...
Jeez, sound positive about it, why don'tcha?

Hahaha! Glad it worked out... though I see you biting the hook on something else very soon! wink.gif
I'm thinking about the money down I dropped on my new car in July, and then August I ran up my credit card bill higher than ever before... yet somehow I'm in budget to pay said bill (I never spend money I don't already have), and somehow I still put a couple hundred in savings last month. I definitely needed the car and computer, got a great deal on both and already using them directly/indirectly to make money, now I want to slow down and keep building my savings, but in my mind I'm thinking "I can probably recoup most of my money I put into my Q701 and E12, which would only put me a few bucks away from a used K712 Pro... But I love my Q's! I'm happy with them! But I could buy the K712 Pros and still technically be slowing down..."

So yeah, circuituitous thinking. I'm actually happy with the comfort and bass on the Q's, the K712's would be fun but what I REALLY want is more soundstage depth and what that one guy who recently did the big "flagship headphone round-up" was hearing when he typed about "transparency." I don't even know if I believe in it, the practical difference from AD700 to Q701 was audible and added up to being musical but each difference felt incremental.

By the way, been listening to the M-100 more, in a lot of ways going from the Q701 to the M-100 feels a lot like how Mad described going from the Annies to the X1, though my tastes run more "neutral" or something so the M-100 is a fun dalliance (that I often reach for) that doesn't give up much to the Q, but the Q701 remains my "main" headphone in my mind. Like Mad needs bass-headache breaks from the X1, I need clamp breaks from the M-100, but I feel comfortable considering them my endgame easy portable/sealed headphone, that handles home use admirably too.
Edited by Evshrug - 9/4/13 at 10:25pm
post #16445 of 25597

^ I'm actually pretty excited... just wanted to keep my cool... :cool:

post #16446 of 25597
Thread Starter 
Those pads look better than the original Annie pads. Looks like comfort would be boosted too.

I'm sending the MA900 out tomorrow, Change gets it first as he lives like 40 minutes from me, but won't meet me halfway. tongue.gif

I don't keep my private messages, so I do need the addresses again for the others.
post #16447 of 25597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

I'm sending the MA900 out tomorrow, Change gets it first as he lives like 40 minutes from me, but won't meet me halfway. tongue.gif

 

Hahaha lol if I didn't spend so much on audio I'd probably have my license back and a car by now... :tongue_smile:

 

Bravo to you, Evs, for putting your transportation priorities first... lol

post #16448 of 25597
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvroArrow View Post
 

I ordered my Annies from razordogaudio late August so I've only had them for 1 week so far.  I'm still a newbie at this so I may be wrong about the pads but they don't seem round like an inner tube shape like the Annie pictures Chicolom posted.  I'll try to post some photobucket links but I can't find what the max image size I can post here, the intro FAQ for this forum didn't specify, so I'll resize them down to 800x600 to be safe.  Actually, since I'm still new, I'm not sure the image links will work due to the anti-spam measures in place.  I'll try anyway.

 

 

It's hard to get the lighting just right to show the shape.  The black velour/velvety texture makes it very hard to photograph.  The pads are about 24mm tall measuring from the outside plastic edge.  Chicolom's pictures show the original/older Annie pads to be noticeably shorter, although if that's from prolonged use/compression, I don't know for sure, and that's assuming mine are in fact different and are similar to the 712Pro pads.

 

You can post pretty big pictures in-thread.  I post a lot bigger than 800x600. 

 

Anyways, those DO look like the K712 pads.

 

Thanks for the confirmation pics.

post #16449 of 25597

I think my iCan might be dying.  I can't get it to power on and it just flickers the power lights when I plug it in.

 

It's well under warranty, so it won't be an issue getting it fixed/replaced, but it's still a bummer.

 

:(:(:(

 

iFi says the power supply is probably bad...

I'm amazed the iFi support is actually responding to my emails about it this late/early at night/morning!


Edited by chicolom - 9/5/13 at 1:14am
post #16450 of 25597

Ok Mad sry XD....

 

he sold the kit in less than 2 days for a guy who bougth a hd800 1 week ago and T1 + A1 3 days ago ....dude...i am so **** poor T.T

 

he says will make a review or something like that and resell what he don't want later


Edited by MadMag - 9/5/13 at 5:18am
post #16451 of 25597
Thread Starter 
The MA900 is ready to go. Guess I better unpack the X1, lol.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 9/5/13 at 5:23am
post #16452 of 25597

It looks like the PC 360s are $170 on Amazon. I would need a sound card to go with them. I currently do not own any high quality headphones or headsets, just a few cheap communications headsets. This would be a first for me. Is this worth jumping on or should I look for something in the $100 range?

post #16453 of 25597
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicolom View Post

I think my iCan might be dying.  I can't get it to power on and it just flickers the power lights when I plug it in.

It's well under warranty, so it won't be an issue getting it fixed/replaced, but it's still a bummer.

frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

iFi says the power supply is probably bad...
I'm amazed the iFi support is actually responding to my emails about it this late/early at night/morning!

Sorry to hear this news frown.gif

Look at it this way... you now get the updated version with the gain switches in return smily_headphones1.gif
post #16454 of 25597
Thread Starter 
0verlord, if you're in need of a headset. The PC360 is the best I can recommend. If you dont need a mic, I would definitely recommend the Sony MA900 instead which sells for $10 more on Amazon most of the time, or even less on Ebay, compared to the pc360.

Change, the MA900 is on its way. USPS.
post #16455 of 25597
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0verlord View Post
 

It looks like the PC 360s are $170 on Amazon. I would need a sound card to go with them. I currently do not own any high quality headphones or headsets, just a few cheap communications headsets. This would be a first for me. Is this worth jumping on or should I look for something in the $100 range?

Sometimes a used HD558 sells for just over $100 on Amazon or eBay.

You can get an add-on mic for $8-$15

 

Asus Xonar DG (PCI) sound card, $27.99

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added)