- 3,724 Posts. Joined 5/2008
- Location: Southwest Ohio
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 2/18/13 at 1:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: Today
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added) - Page 1026post #15376 of 257337/23/13 at 1:41pmIf you have a Q701 don't get any adapter. You just unthread the end and it's then 3.5mm.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15377 of 257337/23/13 at 3:38pmThanks for such a wonderful guide. It led me to initially purchase a DT 990 pro as I wanted a decent all rounder for competition and immersion. I enjoy them however I feel as though I want a little more out of the bottom end as I'm now playing much more single player and using them for music.
So my question is whether or not it would be worth trading them in for an x1. Sounds like they have a similar signature with a bit more of that deep bass I'm looking for. After selling my 3ds xl and the 990s I can pretty much get them for nothing.post #15378 of 257337/23/13 at 4:00pmThread StarterThe 990 pro is very low end heavy. If you want more, then you're just a basshead. The x1 has less bass than the 990 pro.
Might wanna look into the 770 Pro 80. Though you're gonna sacrifice sound quality for more bass.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 7/23/13 at 4:01pmpost #15379 of 257337/23/13 at 4:29pmQuote:I was able to get more sub bass (30hz thump) out of the X1's.Originally Posted by jtlindeman
Thanks for such a wonderful guide. It led me to initially purchase a DT 990 pro as I wanted a decent all rounder for competition and immersion. I enjoy them however I feel as though I want a little more out of the bottom end as I'm now playing much more single player and using them for music.
So my question is whether or not it would be worth trading them in for an x1. Sounds like they have a similar signature with a bit more of that deep bass I'm looking for. After selling my 3ds xl and the 990s I can pretty much get them for nothing.post #15380 of 257337/23/13 at 4:39pmQuote:
I'm not sure if I have a bad pair or something, but mine just don't seem to have much punch at all. The only way I can get a decent quantity of bass is with the bass boost on my SB Z turned all the way up. I also have them hooked up to a magni. Without the boost it's very underwhelming, particularly with music. I was actually kind of surprised by the lack of bass after reading your review and the posts in the thread.post #15381 of 257337/23/13 at 4:47pmpost #15382 of 257337/23/13 at 4:51pmThread StarterThe X1 is oriented towards mid bass. If you want sub bass, open headphones are not the way to go. The bass the X1 has is plentiful for movies, but they are not Denons.post #15383 of 257337/23/13 at 7:56pmpost #15384 of 257337/23/13 at 8:19pmThread Starterpost #15385 of 257337/24/13 at 12:54am
I actually find the ethiopian sheepskin leather used in the Signature series quite cooler compared to the horrible pleather of all other headphones and in warmer days it's at least definitely "cleaner" or easier to clean than velour. I never use any velour in these warm evenings but honestly I am mostly playing over my speakers recently and avoid headphones during this heat (97 Fahrenheit).post #15386 of 257337/24/13 at 1:12ampost #15387 of 257337/24/13 at 5:44am
Yesterday it was 30 degrees celcius, and I gamed like 2 hours straight with my K540's, and they didn't sweat or anything like that, just becamse a tiny bit hot, just a tiny bit. I must say however, if there are multiple enemies around me in MW2, and 2 of them are like upstairs and 2 of them to the sides, it's VERY hard to pinpoint were they're coming from. It only works when they're close to you. I'd give them a 4 for competitive gaming.post #15388 of 257337/24/13 at 7:34amThis is not your cans fault. l have the same issue in Black Ops 2 too. Map Aftermath, when camping in a garage like building in the second floor, teammates that respawn on the first foor soun like they are right beside you. That is very annoying. I think it is a bug in the sound engine or in some map locations.
Edited by pietcux - 7/24/13 at 7:38ampost #15389 of 257337/24/13 at 7:34amQuote:
But 30 C isn't very hot at all...post #15390 of 257337/24/13 at 7:45amQuote:Originally Posted by pietcux
This is not your cans fault. l have the same issue in Black Ops 2 too. Map Aftermath, when camping in a garage like building in the second floor, teammates that respawn on the first foor soun like they are right beside you. That is very annoying. I think it is a bug in the sound engine or in some map locations.
I don't have BO 2, I'm talking about MW2.
daleb that's 86 Fahrenheit.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › WTB: AK 240 or AK 120 II (In a hurry!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Looking to upgrade my gaming headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Mini-Meet in FLORIDA. North/Central area. Look here if interested! 5 minutes ago
- › PRESS RELEASE: Sennheiser at IFA 2014 - The Future of Audio 9 minutes ago
- › Do hard drives sound different? 9 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 10 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)