- 3,688 Posts. Joined 5/2008
- Location: Southwest Ohio
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 8/23/12More
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 2/18/13 at 1:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Gaming: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro or Audio-Technica ATH-M50? Last post on 10/2/11 at 2:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/11/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added) - Page 1026post #15376 of 249767/23/13 at 1:41pmIf you have a Q701 don't get any adapter. You just unthread the end and it's then 3.5mm.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15377 of 249767/23/13 at 3:38pmThanks for such a wonderful guide. It led me to initially purchase a DT 990 pro as I wanted a decent all rounder for competition and immersion. I enjoy them however I feel as though I want a little more out of the bottom end as I'm now playing much more single player and using them for music.
So my question is whether or not it would be worth trading them in for an x1. Sounds like they have a similar signature with a bit more of that deep bass I'm looking for. After selling my 3ds xl and the 990s I can pretty much get them for nothing.post #15378 of 249767/23/13 at 4:00pmThread StarterThe 990 pro is very low end heavy. If you want more, then you're just a basshead. The x1 has less bass than the 990 pro.
Might wanna look into the 770 Pro 80. Though you're gonna sacrifice sound quality for more bass.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 7/23/13 at 4:01pmpost #15379 of 249767/23/13 at 4:29pmQuote:I was able to get more sub bass (30hz thump) out of the X1's.Originally Posted by jtlindeman
Thanks for such a wonderful guide. It led me to initially purchase a DT 990 pro as I wanted a decent all rounder for competition and immersion. I enjoy them however I feel as though I want a little more out of the bottom end as I'm now playing much more single player and using them for music.
So my question is whether or not it would be worth trading them in for an x1. Sounds like they have a similar signature with a bit more of that deep bass I'm looking for. After selling my 3ds xl and the 990s I can pretty much get them for nothing.post #15380 of 249767/23/13 at 4:39pmQuote:
I'm not sure if I have a bad pair or something, but mine just don't seem to have much punch at all. The only way I can get a decent quantity of bass is with the bass boost on my SB Z turned all the way up. I also have them hooked up to a magni. Without the boost it's very underwhelming, particularly with music. I was actually kind of surprised by the lack of bass after reading your review and the posts in the thread.post #15381 of 249767/23/13 at 4:47pmpost #15382 of 249767/23/13 at 4:51pmThread StarterThe X1 is oriented towards mid bass. If you want sub bass, open headphones are not the way to go. The bass the X1 has is plentiful for movies, but they are not Denons.post #15383 of 249767/23/13 at 7:56pmpost #15384 of 249767/23/13 at 8:19pmThread Starterpost #15385 of 249767/24/13 at 12:54am
I actually find the ethiopian sheepskin leather used in the Signature series quite cooler compared to the horrible pleather of all other headphones and in warmer days it's at least definitely "cleaner" or easier to clean than velour. I never use any velour in these warm evenings but honestly I am mostly playing over my speakers recently and avoid headphones during this heat (97 Fahrenheit).post #15386 of 249767/24/13 at 1:12ampost #15387 of 249767/24/13 at 5:44am
Yesterday it was 30 degrees celcius, and I gamed like 2 hours straight with my K540's, and they didn't sweat or anything like that, just becamse a tiny bit hot, just a tiny bit. I must say however, if there are multiple enemies around me in MW2, and 2 of them are like upstairs and 2 of them to the sides, it's VERY hard to pinpoint were they're coming from. It only works when they're close to you. I'd give them a 4 for competitive gaming.post #15388 of 249767/24/13 at 7:34amThis is not your cans fault. l have the same issue in Black Ops 2 too. Map Aftermath, when camping in a garage like building in the second floor, teammates that respawn on the first foor soun like they are right beside you. That is very annoying. I think it is a bug in the sound engine or in some map locations.
Edited by pietcux - 7/24/13 at 7:38ampost #15389 of 249767/24/13 at 7:34amQuote:
But 30 C isn't very hot at all...post #15390 of 249767/24/13 at 7:45amQuote:Originally Posted by pietcux
This is not your cans fault. l have the same issue in Black Ops 2 too. Map Aftermath, when camping in a garage like building in the second floor, teammates that respawn on the first foor soun like they are right beside you. That is very annoying. I think it is a bug in the sound engine or in some map locations.
I don't have BO 2, I'm talking about MW2.
daleb that's 86 Fahrenheit.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 second ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 22 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 36 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 47 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 50 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 3 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)