Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added) - Page 1026

post #15376 of 26144
If you have a Q701 don't get any adapter. You just unthread the end and it's then 3.5mm.
post #15377 of 26144
Thanks for such a wonderful guide. It led me to initially purchase a DT 990 pro as I wanted a decent all rounder for competition and immersion. I enjoy them however I feel as though I want a little more out of the bottom end as I'm now playing much more single player and using them for music.

So my question is whether or not it would be worth trading them in for an x1. Sounds like they have a similar signature with a bit more of that deep bass I'm looking for. After selling my 3ds xl and the 990s I can pretty much get them for nothing.
post #15378 of 26144
Thread Starter 
The 990 pro is very low end heavy. If you want more, then you're just a basshead. The x1 has less bass than the 990 pro.

Might wanna look into the 770 Pro 80. Though you're gonna sacrifice sound quality for more bass.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 7/23/13 at 4:01pm
post #15379 of 26144
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtlindeman View Post

Thanks for such a wonderful guide. It led me to initially purchase a DT 990 pro as I wanted a decent all rounder for competition and immersion. I enjoy them however I feel as though I want a little more out of the bottom end as I'm now playing much more single player and using them for music.

So my question is whether or not it would be worth trading them in for an x1. Sounds like they have a similar signature with a bit more of that deep bass I'm looking for. After selling my 3ds xl and the 990s I can pretty much get them for nothing.
I was able to get more sub bass (30hz thump) out of the X1's.
post #15380 of 26144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

The 990 pro is very low end heavy. If you want more, then you're just a basshead. The x1 has less bass than the 990 pro.

Might wanna look into the 770 Pro 80. Though you're gonna sacrifice sound quality for more bass.

I'm not sure if I have a bad pair or something, but mine just don't seem to have much punch at all. The only way I can get a decent quantity of bass is with the bass boost on my SB Z turned all the way up. I also have them hooked up to a magni. Without the boost it's very underwhelming, particularly with music. I was actually kind of surprised by the lack of bass after reading your review and the posts in the thread.
post #15381 of 26144

Does the X1 has good enough sub bass for movies and games?

post #15382 of 26144
Thread Starter 
The X1 is oriented towards mid bass. If you want sub bass, open headphones are not the way to go. The bass the X1 has is plentiful for movies, but they are not Denons.
post #15383 of 26144

I want to try those Denons - why'd you end up selling yours?

post #15384 of 26144
Thread Starter 
Pleather/leather pads = heat
post #15385 of 26144

I actually find the ethiopian sheepskin leather used in the Signature series quite cooler compared to the horrible pleather of all other headphones and in warmer days it's at least definitely "cleaner" or easier to clean than velour. I never use any velour in these warm evenings but honestly I am mostly playing over my speakers recently and avoid headphones during this heat (97 Fahrenheit).

post #15386 of 26144

I find the AKG K702 quite ok @ these temps, they are not sweaty. I do not game with the Sones, prefer the AKG.

post #15387 of 26144

Yesterday it was 30 degrees celcius, and I gamed like 2 hours straight with my K540's, and they didn't sweat or anything like that, just becamse a tiny bit hot, just a tiny bit. I must say however, if there are multiple enemies around me in MW2, and 2 of them are like upstairs and 2 of them to the sides, it's VERY hard to pinpoint were they're coming from. It only works when they're close to you. I'd give them a 4 for competitive gaming.

post #15388 of 26144
This is not your cans fault. l have the same issue in Black Ops 2 too. Map Aftermath, when camping in a garage like building in the second floor, teammates that respawn on the first foor soun like they are right beside you. That is very annoying. I think it is a bug in the sound engine or in some map locations.
Edited by pietcux - 7/24/13 at 7:38am
post #15389 of 26144
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakanao View Post

Yesterday it was 30 degrees celcius, and I gamed like 2 hours straight with my K540's, and they didn't sweat or anything like that

But 30 C isn't very hot at all...

post #15390 of 26144
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietcux View Post

This is not your cans fault. l have the same issue in Black Ops 2 too. Map Aftermath, when camping in a garage like building in the second floor, teammates that respawn on the first foor soun like they are right beside you. That is very annoying. I think it is a bug in the sound engine or in some map locations.

I don't have BO 2, I'm talking about MW2.

 

daleb that's 86 Fahrenheit.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added)