- 13,837 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 8/23/12More
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 2/18/13 at 1:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Gaming: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro or Audio-Technica ATH-M50? Last post on 10/2/11 at 2:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
* Obligatory warning that I am not a professional and am not the best at describing sound qualities of headphones. I don't like to use words like liquid or chocolate because descriptions like those...
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added) - Page 947post #14191 of 245526/10/13 at 4:24amThread StarterYou can order them from AKG, they cost like $70 though. If you take the Q701 price, plus the pad price, you're basically buying an Annie anyway, and without the comfortable headband.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #14192 of 245526/10/13 at 4:32ampost #14193 of 245526/10/13 at 5:16ampost #14194 of 245526/10/13 at 2:25pm
I couldn't justify spending 170$ on a pair of headphones, I cancelled the order. I ordered 2 pairs of headphones, the Panasonic HTF600's and the Superlux HD681's. The HD681's are suppose to really bright with the highs, have low sub-bass and have a particually good soundstage for the mear price of 31$.post #14195 of 245526/10/13 at 2:57pmpost #14196 of 245526/10/13 at 3:24pmpost #14197 of 245526/10/13 at 3:27pmQuote:
Price should go down even more with the anticipation of the K712.post #14198 of 245526/10/13 at 3:44pmThread Starterpost #14199 of 245526/10/13 at 3:57pmpost #14200 of 245526/10/13 at 4:01pmThread Starterpost #14201 of 245526/10/13 at 4:05pmQuote:
That's what I keep hearing. I guess I'm going to have to find out...
Love the HP100, but for $100 more I can't go wrong with the MDs.post #14202 of 245526/10/13 at 4:49pmQuote:
Better than Denon D7000? I find that hard to believe since I just got the D7000(+Lawton Pads), X1, He-400 and have had the Annie for 6months. Comparing them all to each other in single player games and movies exclusively, I go to the D7000 first every time no question. I may need to re-evaluate the purchase if it has been bested though. I plan to keep D7000 for SP games and movies...and either Annie or X1 for competitive play.
PS. Appreciate all the info from everyone here and I have not been disappointed w/ any recommendations.post #14203 of 245526/10/13 at 4:51pmThread StarterDenon D7000 isn't really 'closed' though. It allows external noise in almost as badly as an open headphone.
My bad, I still do love the D7000 more than ANY headphone I've used.
I meant the MD being the best TRULY closed headphone I've heard.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 6/10/13 at 5:03pmpost #14204 of 245526/10/13 at 5:25pmQuote:
Last time I checked RazorDog had them for $350. You could email him and ask him what is current best price on them is.post #14205 of 245526/10/13 at 5:29pmQuote:
Wait til you buy the TH-900.
(Note how I phrased that)
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 48 seconds ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Soundcard for raising volume of V-Moda M100's, equivalent to FiiO E12 3 minutes ago
- › Senn HD 558 vs Fidelio X1 vs HiFiMan He 400 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Double Amping 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7, what is your dream DAP? 6 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 7 minutes ago
- › Stoner Acoustics UD110 V2 by WhiskeyJacks
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)