- 13,992 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 2/18/13 at 1:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/11/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added) - Page 679post #10171 of 2558612/28/12 at 8:27pmThread StarterIt will work with the updated E07K though.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10172 of 2558612/28/12 at 8:56pmQuote:
Hit them up for the PLYR 2's next, I'm sure you will like them. Or wait until the PLYR 1's with built in DH.
-Erikpost #10173 of 2558612/28/12 at 9:04pmThread Starterpost #10174 of 2558612/28/12 at 9:10pmQuote:
lol, tough being you
-Erikpost #10175 of 2558612/28/12 at 9:14pmThread Starterpost #10176 of 2558612/28/12 at 9:25pmpost #10177 of 2558612/28/12 at 9:41pmThread StarterI do. Lol.
I honestly dont care much about technicalities. I care about how good they sound to my ears. Just like I loved the DT990/32ohm on the high output impedance E9K. Shouldn't sound good, but it does. Others might be more technical, so I would still recommend an amp with lower output impedance like the Magni.
Im more worried about imperfections you can hear, like channel imbalances.post #10178 of 2558612/28/12 at 9:55pmpost #10179 of 2558612/28/12 at 10:05pmThread Starterpost #10180 of 2558612/28/12 at 11:49pm
Don't worry, the subtle satire wasn't lost on me.
I agree in that a lot of audiophile discussions get ridiculous like that, from both the subjective and objective sides. All I can say is that when listening to audio equipment, I either like the way it sounds, or I don't like it because either the presentation's not to my tastes or it's obviously defective with a channel imbalance or noise or something else that obviously shouldn't be happening.
I've already found my ideal headphone setup, more or less, and I paid surprisingly little for it, though the savings were mitigated when I spent more for newer iterations of the same headphone design, only to put them back up for sale because I just didn't like the overall comfort and sound presentation as much. Sometimes you don't realize that you've already got your favorite headphone (or audio setup in general) 'til you've compared it with a bunch of different ones and came back disappointed every time.post #10181 of 2558612/28/12 at 11:56pmThread Starterpost #10182 of 2558612/29/12 at 4:21am
Thanks for your input so far.
I went to a friend who owns Beyerdynamic DT 880 and 990, but I have to say, I hate them. I kinda get the feeling, that they have too much treble.
So, my decision is between the HD 650, 600, 598.
Does anyone use the HD 650 or 600 with Asus Xonar Essence ST(X)? Is this soundcard good enough to drive them? I don't expect the 650/600 to give its full potential, but I can always buy a better AMP than the one on the Soundcard. I think I would regret buying the HD598 and then have to upgrade to the HD650 later...post #10183 of 2558612/29/12 at 4:48amThread Starterpost #10184 of 2558612/29/12 at 6:48amQuote:
Yes, in terms of gaming I would go with the 598, but if It comes to music, i'm kinda leaning towards the 650 at the moment.
I would say 50% is gaming and 50% is music. The Gaming is all competitive (Training/Matches).
Which difference is higher?
- HD 650 > HD 598 for music
- HD 598 > HD 650 for gamingpost #10185 of 2558612/29/12 at 7:10am
Are the sennheiser hd 449 and sennheiser hd 439 good for gaming? I play mostly League of Legends.
Or would I be better with razer kraken pro? I've heard they're good for gaming and the sound quality is okay.
And if the sennheiser are better should I consider buying a new soundcard? I'm currently using the integrated audio in my motherboard( VIA VT1708S 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC).
Feel free to suggest other headphones :)
Sorry if I'm asking too many questions..
Edited by platzord - 12/29/12 at 7:20am
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 second ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 37 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 44 seconds ago
- › Bit Perfect Audio from Linux 56 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 4 minutes ago
- › Audio Research DAC7 4 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)