- 26 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14More
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 2/18/13 at 1:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Gaming: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro or Audio-Technica ATH-M50? Last post on 10/2/11 at 2:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)Last edited: 7/29/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Gaming)Last edited: 12/28/12
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG K612 and K712 Pro added + edits) - Page 919post #13771 of 232575/23/13 at 9:19pmWell today I should receive my new Annies and Schiit Magni! Cables came today so ready to get them all setup. So very excited.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13772 of 232575/23/13 at 9:20pmpost #13773 of 232575/23/13 at 9:20pmpost #13774 of 232575/23/13 at 11:16pmpost #13775 of 232575/23/13 at 11:51pm
You'll get cinematic bass with the Signature DJ as well. I dived into the experience from the very beginning. Never heard such a great subwoofer bass in headphones that doesn't destory the rest of the spectrum and hits very hard. I finished Infamous in 2 days which is beyond my regular habits.post #13776 of 232575/24/13 at 12:28amThread StarterQuote:
Similar. Dont have them to A/B, but they have a similar level of presence and impact, fwir.post #13777 of 232575/24/13 at 2:05amQuote:Originally Posted by Fegefeuer
You'll get cinematic bass with the Signature DJ as well. I dived into the experience from the very beginning. Never heard such a great subwoofer bass in headphones that doesn't destory the rest of the spectrum and hits very hard. I finished Infamous in 2 days which is beyond my regular habits.
$1000.00, no thanks!post #13778 of 232575/24/13 at 3:40amHigh end Denons are probably the only headphones that give you that sub-woofer like ear rattling sub-bass. They ought to since there one of the leading high end home theatre manufacturers.post #13779 of 232575/24/13 at 7:32ampost #13780 of 232575/24/13 at 7:40amThread Starterpost #13781 of 232575/24/13 at 12:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by daleb
The HA-S500s are the bassiest headphones I have heard in my life. These are so uncomfortable without the HM5 mod (easiest mod in the world, all you do is replace the earpads), which should cost you less then then $90 after all is said and done. Don't know if It'll feel like a subwoofer, with movie audio, though. Dubstep sounds like it has a really really loud subwoofer attached, though.
Edit: Note, when I say these are uncomfortable without the mod, I mean I find the HD 280s comfortable, and MLE gave those a 1 for comfort. MLE, you need to get these just so I can find out what score you'd give them.
Default pads are a bit uncomfortable at first and they really did hurt my ears, especially the left one for some reason. Believe me though, when I say that the more you use them, the less they'll hurt because they'll slowly take the right shape! At the moment, I can wear them for about 2-3 hours with no problem whatsoever.
The bass is of a very high quality and doesn't get in the way at all! The mids are very clear and treble is a tinsy bit recessed. I'm in love with these cans honestly. :-)
Edited by Naingolann - 5/24/13 at 12:46pmpost #13782 of 232575/24/13 at 1:46pmpost #13783 of 232575/24/13 at 2:22pm
Hi, I recently bought Oculus Rift virtual reality headset and I want to bring that surround experience into my ears. So I was looking for surround sound headsets.
I'm also using a MSI GE60 notebook as my gaming machine. So I don't know about its onboard sound quality which has THX TruStudio Pro drivers on it (I don't know if it tells something).
The place where I'm at several different prices for the headsets I'm considering. People often suggest Astro A40/A50's but it's not available in my area. Also Turtle Beach isn't available too. So my options are as follows:
Corsair Vengeance 1500 (165$)
Plantronics Gamescom 780 (102$)
SteelSeries Siberia V2 USB (170$)
These are my first options, there are also:
Sennheiser PC 360 (255$)
Sennheiser PC 363d (325$)
So PC 360 is one of the favorites, but a bit pricey. So between the first three, which one you choose? Or should I really get PC 360.
My main concern is the surround sound quality, I want a realistic sound production from the phones.post #13784 of 232575/24/13 at 3:48pmI have the pc360 and that would be my vote they have a nice soundstage, nice detail and bass is neutral. Good sense of space and airiness. While gaming I can get a few extra kills just based on sound whoring with Dolby enabled. There are better headphones available for the price with standalone mic, but as a headset they are great. The pc363d is pretty much the same headset except cosmetics altered and a dac included. I personally don't think the extra $ is worth it unless you are skimping on $ and don't already have a dac substitute.
Edited by foreign - 5/24/13 at 3:54pm
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG K612 and K712 Pro added + edits)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 1 minute ago
- › Review + Appreciation thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 5 minutes ago
- › Can the HiFiMAN HE-Adapter be used on e.g. HE.500 headphones? 9 minutes ago
- › HM-901 + Balanced & IEM amp cards + 128GB Sandisk [PRICE DROPPED!!] 9 minutes ago
- › Heir Audio 5.0 10 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 11 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 13 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 13 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 13 minutes ago
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude