- 13,322 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 2/18/13 at 1:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Gaming: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro or Audio-Technica ATH-M50? Last post on 10/2/11 at 2:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)Last edited: 7/29/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Gaming)Last edited: 12/28/12
I purchased the Audio Technica ESW9a. These have African Paduak shells rather than the cherry of the Japanese release. The ESW9a is made in Japan. Physical: First, these are most...
Build Quality & Design The build quality on these isn't so good in the long run, the entire headphone is mostly constructed out of plastic the only metal part on these cans would be the earcups,...
First off my gear is HeadRoom Micro DAC and Amp.(I don't see how people get by without the crossfeed circuit on older rock recordings) Out of the rather cheap box the high-end was brittle and harsh...
Note: All of my listening impressions of the Stax SR-202 were done with a Stax SRM-313 amplifier, which was hooked up to an AMB y2 DAC via the RCA input with SKW JIB braided interconnects. For the...
I will bypass the quality of their sound, as pretty much everyone has covered this topic above me... I have to say, I was not impressed with their cable quality, but apart from this, it seems to...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 3/12/2014: Monster DNA On Ear added) - Page 947post #14191 of 217696/10/13 at 4:24amThread StarterYou can order them from AKG, they cost like $70 though. If you take the Q701 price, plus the pad price, you're basically buying an Annie anyway, and without the comfortable headband.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #14192 of 217696/10/13 at 4:32ampost #14193 of 217696/10/13 at 5:16ampost #14194 of 217696/10/13 at 2:25pm
I couldn't justify spending 170$ on a pair of headphones, I cancelled the order. I ordered 2 pairs of headphones, the Panasonic HTF600's and the Superlux HD681's. The HD681's are suppose to really bright with the highs, have low sub-bass and have a particually good soundstage for the mear price of 31$.post #14195 of 217696/10/13 at 2:57pmpost #14196 of 217696/10/13 at 3:24pmpost #14197 of 217696/10/13 at 3:27pmQuote:
Price should go down even more with the anticipation of the K712.post #14198 of 217696/10/13 at 3:44pmThread Starterpost #14199 of 217696/10/13 at 3:57pmpost #14200 of 217696/10/13 at 4:01pmThread Starterpost #14201 of 217696/10/13 at 4:05pmQuote:
That's what I keep hearing. I guess I'm going to have to find out...
Love the HP100, but for $100 more I can't go wrong with the MDs.post #14202 of 217696/10/13 at 4:49pmQuote:
Better than Denon D7000? I find that hard to believe since I just got the D7000(+Lawton Pads), X1, He-400 and have had the Annie for 6months. Comparing them all to each other in single player games and movies exclusively, I go to the D7000 first every time no question. I may need to re-evaluate the purchase if it has been bested though. I plan to keep D7000 for SP games and movies...and either Annie or X1 for competitive play.
PS. Appreciate all the info from everyone here and I have not been disappointed w/ any recommendations.post #14203 of 217696/10/13 at 4:51pmThread StarterDenon D7000 isn't really 'closed' though. It allows external noise in almost as badly as an open headphone.
My bad, I still do love the D7000 more than ANY headphone I've used.
I meant the MD being the best TRULY closed headphone I've heard.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 6/10/13 at 5:03pmpost #14204 of 217696/10/13 at 5:25pmQuote:
Last time I checked RazorDog had them for $350. You could email him and ask him what is current best price on them is.post #14205 of 217696/10/13 at 5:29pmQuote:
Wait til you buy the TH-900.
(Note how I phrased that)
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 3/12/2014: Monster DNA On Ear added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 25 seconds ago
- › Most underrated and overrated headphone? For a bit of fun :) 26 seconds ago
- › (Price Drop) RSA SR71A Blackbird Headphone Amplifier 57 seconds ago
- › Comparisons: 13 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 1 minute ago
- › How to find a low priced Chinese version of any super expensive DAC? 1 minute ago
- › IC: Melbourne Meet 2 minutes ago
- › ESW9 Recable Help 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 5 minutes ago
- › Just checking -- is it widely accepted that a $1,000 speaker system... 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphones by bjmr
- › Sony X Headphones MDR-X10 by DigitalGrounder
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by chrismini
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by Head-Head
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by G2F
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude