- 13,297 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 2/18/13 at 1:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Gaming: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro or Audio-Technica ATH-M50? Last post on 10/2/11 at 2:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)Last edited: 7/29/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Gaming)Last edited: 12/28/12
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 2/20/2014: BoomPro + list, chicolom's FAQ added) - Page 1127post #16891 of 216349/19/13 at 5:32amThread StarterThe one game I distinctly remembering having it is Star Ocean: The Last Hope (360/PS3)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16892 of 216349/19/13 at 6:18ampost #16893 of 216349/19/13 at 7:27amThread Starterpost #16894 of 216349/19/13 at 9:02am
Sleeping Dogs is so underrated. GTA V is really good so far as well. They make a lot of smart choices and the heist missions are fantastic. They're basically what I hoped Payday would be. I wouldn't say it's revolutionary as it's definitely a full on sequel, but I can see myself spending way too much time in Los Santos. Saints Row is silly fun, but Rockstar are better "world builders" imo.post #16895 of 216349/19/13 at 11:45am
I remember playing GTAIV when it first came out but didn't finish the game. 4 years later I try to play the game again and I just couldn't do it. I don't have a taste for these games anymore. I mean I have played GTA 3 and Vice City.
I did play Sleeping Dogs though. It wasn't too bad.post #16896 of 216349/19/13 at 5:14pmpost #16897 of 216349/19/13 at 7:25pm
Is sleeping dog good? I forgot I have that game and just laying there...
I want to start star ocean, but not really in mood to start a long rpg. Got Rayman origin and legends too, but also not in the mood.
btw, can the astro be used with pc? How do I connect it?post #16898 of 216349/19/13 at 8:10pm
Sleeping Dogs is good, if not a little rough around the edges. Not bad for a dev doing their first open world sandbox though, many other devs didn't even achieve what Sleeping Dogs did in their first try.post #16899 of 216349/19/13 at 10:19pmpost #16900 of 216349/19/13 at 11:41pmThread StarterI have to second Chico in saying that the PX100-II can get a bit bothersome on the ears. Having spent a few hours the past few days with it... it IS now starting to physically hurt my ears. Neither the KSC75 nor the KSC35 do this, so I'll have to say that the comfort CAN be better. I dunno how I feel about this, since I REALLY like the PX100-II in general, but comfort for me IS top priority... so I don't think I'll be keeping these. I will at least get enough experience with them to put up a review, since I do think more than not, these are an absolute solid pair of headphones. They deserve some spot light.
That being said, I don't think the majority of people will have an issue with them, but I'm really picky with comfort. Like REALLY.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 9/19/13 at 11:43pmpost #16901 of 216349/19/13 at 11:46pmpost #16902 of 216349/19/13 at 11:56pmThread StarterNothing breaks my heart here more than amazing sounding headphones that are ruined by lack of comfort. That's like puppies that cause cancer if you touch them...post #16903 of 216349/20/13 at 12:01amQuote:
Or puppies that cause AIDS, depending on where you touch them. :x
That's why I stay away from certain closed pleathery headphones. Even if they sound good I don't want to know because it will be bittersweet when I never want them on my head.post #16904 of 216349/20/13 at 12:06amThread StarterYeah man. The LCD2, D7000, ESP950, SR407, etc, etc.... man do they sound amazing... but can't be worn for too long without just making me rage at their comfort.
Now with those pad covers you and that other person posted.... I would give the Denons another go...post #16905 of 216349/20/13 at 1:51amMe and my friend also agreed on the comfort issue. Its better to have a comfortable cans that i actually WANT to wear and for long period, than a superb sounding one but I hesitant to wear and only able to use for short time.
For the Denon D7000, i wished they have velour than pleather.
Starting sleeping dog now...
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 2/20/2014: BoomPro + list, chicolom's FAQ added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Reeccomended open headphones under $200 10 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret 23 seconds ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 558 vs. the HD 598 2 minutes ago
- › Official/ New York Spring Meet Sat April 5 2014 3 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 3 minutes ago
- › Chi-Uni-Fi 8 Saturday, June 21, 2014 interest check thread! 3 minutes ago
- › Choices, choices... 3 minutes ago
- › Hissy/staticky "s" and cymbals? 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude