- 26 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 2/18/13 at 1:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Gaming: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro or Audio-Technica ATH-M50? Last post on 10/2/11 at 2:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)Last edited: 7/29/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Gaming)Last edited: 12/28/12
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 2/20/2014: BoomPro + list, chicolom's FAQ added) - Page 919post #13771 of 216255/23/13 at 9:19pmWell today I should receive my new Annies and Schiit Magni! Cables came today so ready to get them all setup. So very excited.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13772 of 216255/23/13 at 9:20pmpost #13773 of 216255/23/13 at 9:20pmpost #13774 of 216255/23/13 at 11:16pmpost #13775 of 216255/23/13 at 11:51pm
You'll get cinematic bass with the Signature DJ as well. I dived into the experience from the very beginning. Never heard such a great subwoofer bass in headphones that doesn't destory the rest of the spectrum and hits very hard. I finished Infamous in 2 days which is beyond my regular habits.post #13776 of 216255/24/13 at 12:28amThread StarterQuote:
Similar. Dont have them to A/B, but they have a similar level of presence and impact, fwir.post #13777 of 216255/24/13 at 2:05amQuote:Originally Posted by Fegefeuer
You'll get cinematic bass with the Signature DJ as well. I dived into the experience from the very beginning. Never heard such a great subwoofer bass in headphones that doesn't destory the rest of the spectrum and hits very hard. I finished Infamous in 2 days which is beyond my regular habits.
$1000.00, no thanks!post #13778 of 216255/24/13 at 3:40amHigh end Denons are probably the only headphones that give you that sub-woofer like ear rattling sub-bass. They ought to since there one of the leading high end home theatre manufacturers.post #13779 of 216255/24/13 at 7:32ampost #13780 of 216255/24/13 at 7:40amThread Starterpost #13781 of 216255/24/13 at 12:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by daleb
The HA-S500s are the bassiest headphones I have heard in my life. These are so uncomfortable without the HM5 mod (easiest mod in the world, all you do is replace the earpads), which should cost you less then then $90 after all is said and done. Don't know if It'll feel like a subwoofer, with movie audio, though. Dubstep sounds like it has a really really loud subwoofer attached, though.
Edit: Note, when I say these are uncomfortable without the mod, I mean I find the HD 280s comfortable, and MLE gave those a 1 for comfort. MLE, you need to get these just so I can find out what score you'd give them.
Default pads are a bit uncomfortable at first and they really did hurt my ears, especially the left one for some reason. Believe me though, when I say that the more you use them, the less they'll hurt because they'll slowly take the right shape! At the moment, I can wear them for about 2-3 hours with no problem whatsoever.
The bass is of a very high quality and doesn't get in the way at all! The mids are very clear and treble is a tinsy bit recessed. I'm in love with these cans honestly. :-)
Edited by Naingolann - 5/24/13 at 12:46pmpost #13782 of 216255/24/13 at 1:46pmpost #13783 of 216255/24/13 at 2:22pm
Hi, I recently bought Oculus Rift virtual reality headset and I want to bring that surround experience into my ears. So I was looking for surround sound headsets.
I'm also using a MSI GE60 notebook as my gaming machine. So I don't know about its onboard sound quality which has THX TruStudio Pro drivers on it (I don't know if it tells something).
The place where I'm at several different prices for the headsets I'm considering. People often suggest Astro A40/A50's but it's not available in my area. Also Turtle Beach isn't available too. So my options are as follows:
Corsair Vengeance 1500 (165$)
Plantronics Gamescom 780 (102$)
SteelSeries Siberia V2 USB (170$)
These are my first options, there are also:
Sennheiser PC 360 (255$)
Sennheiser PC 363d (325$)
So PC 360 is one of the favorites, but a bit pricey. So between the first three, which one you choose? Or should I really get PC 360.
My main concern is the surround sound quality, I want a realistic sound production from the phones.post #13784 of 216255/24/13 at 3:48pmI have the pc360 and that would be my vote they have a nice soundstage, nice detail and bass is neutral. Good sense of space and airiness. While gaming I can get a few extra kills just based on sound whoring with Dolby enabled. There are better headphones available for the price with standalone mic, but as a headset they are great. The pc363d is pretty much the same headset except cosmetics altered and a dac included. I personally don't think the extra $ is worth it unless you are skimping on $ and don't already have a dac substitute.
Edited by foreign - 5/24/13 at 3:54pm
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 2/20/2014: BoomPro + list, chicolom's FAQ added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › AKG K812 Pro 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Dark Voice 339 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M* dacs, New amp section. Coming... 2 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass and Liquid Gold Spring Specials 2 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 4 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › Upload my FLAC songs to Cloud and stream them from my phone 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude