Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014: Beyerdynamic T51i Added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014: Beyerdynamic T51i Added) - Page 1684

post #25246 of 27772

Here's some of me playing bf4 stillhart..just showing you what the average game is like with people not going for the flags and snipers flying small remote controlled planes into everyone and people camping the lifts!

post #25247 of 27772
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysins View Post

I want to hear the differences between the xonar and creative for myself with regard to positional audio. The Asus is good but I'm anxious to hear if I prefer creative's implementation. I should have both cards by the time I get back from the Bahamas on the 12th. I'll do a day of testing and give some impressions.

 

You can hear the difference by watching the video that Chicolom posted a few pages back.  


Edited by Stillhart - 8/8/14 at 11:27am
post #25248 of 27772
Thread Starter 
Downloaded the BF4 trial on PS3. Still so... unresponsive. Way too spoiled by CoD.
post #25249 of 27772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

Downloaded the BF4 trial on PS3. Still so... unresponsive. Way too spoiled by CoD.

It used to be even worse. The release version was literally unplayable

post #25250 of 27772

Battlefields better if you are on with friends and all in chat..just makes the whole experience more like being in the game..quite funny when you are all in the huey and the pilot shouts everyone jump!

post #25251 of 27772
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin vegas View Post

Battlefields better if you are on with friends and all in chat..just makes the whole experience more like being in the game..quite funny when you are all in the huey and the pilot shouts everyone jump!
I absolutely loved the attack helicopter, probably the most fun I had was in the heli co-op mission.

Respawning on a teammate is cool too, keeps you closer to the action and makes "lives" important (at least for the last squad member).
Edited by Evshrug - 8/9/14 at 7:18am
post #25252 of 27772

Well it's not a no skill twitch shooter like COD is either. You don't need much skill when playing COD to get 20 kills or so, but in Battlefiled it does get tense and you have to work together. Battlefield is still pretty responsive, just that guns have weight to them unlike in COD where they feel like you're not holding anything. To me it's more satisfying when you successfully flank enemies then take them all out, unlike COD where you aim, spray, and run away. I like COD, but to me the better game is still Battlefield. To each his own though. I'll be getting Advanced Warfare when it arrives later this year. It looks super cool and a nice change from what we've seen in the series. 

 

I'm not here to preach or convert anyone to Battlefiled, it's your choice. Play what you like, respect what other like. Game on.

 

Yethal, the game was never "unplayable" at all. Sure there were a ton of bugs, but it was still plenty playable. It was never a broken as some people make it out to be.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

Downloaded the BF4 trial on PS3. Still so... unresponsive. Way too spoiled by CoD.

Edited by Zombie_X - 8/8/14 at 5:11pm
post #25253 of 27772
Thread Starter 
The thing about COD is that unlike Battlefield, COD is easy to play, hard to master. It is accessible to everyone from the get go, but to be a dominant player, it's not as easy as people think it is. Try being a newbie against the good players and you'll quickly be put in your place.

Battlefield has a more difficult learning curve, and unless you like it's mechanics enough to do well, it is nowhere near as accessible. It is definitely the tougher game.

My thing with Battlefield (as well as other big games), is that there are way too many lulls in the action due to how humongous the maps are. I'm not very patient, and always wanna be in the action. That's why I've always leaned on CoD. The fact CoD is now trying to somewhat copy Battlefield in scope is making CoD worse. Ghosts has so many areas in maps that get zero action and traffic because really, it's unnecessary for maps to be so big (by CoD standards).
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 8/8/14 at 10:17pm
post #25254 of 27772

My V-Moda BoomPro is still holding on strong after months of usage. Only issue I have is that it tangles way too easily. The first one I had tangled so bad the sleeve ripped. I got a replacement and even though I take even better care of this one, it still tangles on the daily. Soooo annoying! I call it the V-Moda TanglePro.

post #25255 of 27772
I mean, if there's one franchise I'm a fanboy of and buy (almost) every one near day 1, it's Halo. You have to sustain your aim for just a bit longer, and you have greater options for movement, so there ends up being more skill involved in double kills and anything better than 1:1, you have to really pay attention to tactics during a firefight. Plus I think the physics things that happen with explosions and while in vehicles is simply fun to experience (and I think audio is best, tho Halo4 warthogs are unusually loud), and there's greater map variety.

But really, they're all good games, just emphasize different tactics. Battlefield has strategic and preparation tactics, CoD has reflex tactics and adrenaline management, Halo has movement tactics and also rewards calm-under-fire. Each of these games reward players good at strategy, reflexes, movement, and concentration, but each distinctly rewards one "tactical skill" the most.

Despite the fact that Bungie stopped working on (is free from?) Halo and that Halo 4 was a bit of a change from the formula established in Halo 2, it's still gonna hurt a bit not to continue Master Chief's story on XBone. Luckily I think Destiny's MP was pretty sweet. I had to good at killing the interceptor vehicles, and there's not exactly a variety of power weapons to encourage movement to reach certain map points, but it still feels good moving during gunfights and earning Supers as rewards for doing well encourages aggression (as well as cool physics).
post #25256 of 27772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post
The fact CoD is now trying to somewhat copy Battlefield in scope is making CoD worse. Ghosts has so many areas in maps that get zero action and traffic because really, it's unnecessary for maps to be so big (by CoD standards).

 

Funny you say that, because I thought Battlefield trying to somewhat copy CoD in scope as of the last several games was making Battlefield worse.

 

They're two different styles of gameplay; each should stay where they belong instead of trying to make a bid for the other game's playerbase to the extent that they forget their original roots.

 

Then again, maybe the competition is a good thing, considering the great Quake III Arena vs. Unreal Tournament rivalry of the last decade, the golden age of FPSs.

 

In other news, the GameSpy server shutdown has really screwed things up. The Battlefield lobbies over on Tunngle are near-empty, and while BF2 has some kinda community replacement going on to keep people playing together, 1942, Vietnam and 2142 are not so fortunate. Good thing they still support "offline" LAN play, at least...tunnel that and it's no different from playing online.

post #25257 of 27772
Thread Starter 
If I recall, Medal of Honor was basically Battlefield with CoD sized maps, and it felt just so wrong. Basically limiting what makes Battlefield good. I remember renting it, and it was so...just lacking.

I think CoD can thrive with bigger maps, but it needs more changes than just big maps. That and the fact all 3 studios are making 'near future to future' setting CoDs is just stupid. They shouldve had one company doing past era CoDs, one doing present, and one doing future. Pretty soon, they will saturate the market with the same Crysis, Killzone type settings.
post #25258 of 27772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

If I recall, Medal of Honor was basically Battlefield with CoD sized maps, and it felt just so wrong. Basically limiting what makes Battlefield good. I remember renting it, and it was so...just lacking.

I think CoD can thrive with bigger maps, but it needs more changes than just big maps. That and the fact all 3 studios are making 'near future to future' setting CoDs is just stupid. They shouldve had one company doing past era CoDs, one doing present, and one doing future. Pretty soon, they will saturate the market with the same Crysis, Killzone type settings.

Medal of Honor was more like CoD with battlefield classses ballistics and customization. The one thing I'd like to see in cod is bigger player count. Even battlefield on tdm on the smallest of the smallest of maps has 12v12 (bf3) and 10v10 (bf4)

 

Futuristic fps is slowly becoming what WW2 shooter was 10 years ago, oversaturated market.

 

Also, whoever here owns a PS4, give Shadow Fall multi a try

post #25259 of 27772
Ummm does everyone in this thread play easy/noob games??? Cod and battlefield... Really???

Anyway, I jumped on the pro900 after you guys told me to go the dt770 route. I couldn't resist. Got the 900s last night and so far I'm not impressed. They came with alpha pads and I honestly find the stock pads to sound better. The alpha pads make the highs sound more harsh and the bass is less...weird considering it suppose to be the opposite according to the majority of people on here. I think it could be because my ears are farther away from the driver with the alpha pads.

I think the bass is over hyped. Compared to my m50s,the bass is boomier but in terms of ear tingling bass, the m50s win at that. That kind of bass is sub bass, correct?

So far I'm pretty disappointed. Bought them off eBay for $375. Hoping I can make my money back or close to it if I decide to sell. Still want to try the 770s. Do the 770s have better ear tingling bass compared to the M50s?

Mike
Edited by MC LeBron 23 - 8/9/14 at 12:17pm
post #25260 of 27772
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC LeBron 23 View Post

Ummm does everyone in this thread play easy/noob games??? Cod and battlefield... Really???


What elite games do you play?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014: Beyerdynamic T51i Added)