- 178 Posts. Joined 3/2014
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 9/21/14 at 4:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014: Beyerdynamic T51i Added) - Page 1633post #24481 of 271517/9/14 at 4:30pmNever got the hype for the 1540. The soundstage is very narrow although the thin sound gives it an airy appearance. I prefer my 770 for closed back gaming, much larger stage and accuracy. I'm hoping to do some pad rolling on my 1540 to thicken the sound a bit, but I want to try get the stage larger.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #24482 of 271517/9/14 at 4:32pmpost #24483 of 271517/9/14 at 4:39pmQuite a few People at the office have the same opinion. We literally test headphones all day and I'd say about 75% were disappointed.
Has anyone hooked up the TH600? Guessing they sound identical to the D7000.post #24484 of 271517/9/14 at 6:37pmThread StarterYou'd guess wrong. TH600 is know to be more neutral, though with a stronger mid bass emphasis over the sub bass, which is the opposite of the D7000, which is known for it's whopping sub bass.
Change, I may take up your offer for the 1540 loan soonish, if you'll allow me. I'll send you the 15G on the way back if you wanna try something new and cheapish.post #24485 of 271517/9/14 at 6:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by Stillhart
Regarding SBX vs DH, that's a very personal choice. I personally prefer THX/SBX (same thing, btw). You should watch the comparison videos on the first page of this thread and check DH vs THX and decide for yourself.
Regarding the U3, I've never heard it so I can't say. I will say the DAC in the Omni was indistinguishable from the Schiit Modi to me so I returned my Modi. Considering how highly people rate the Modi around here, I'd say that's pretty solid.
Regarding the HP200, keep an eye on Amazon used section. Micca Distributor sometimes sells refurbs for dirt cheap. If you can get one of those, it's a no-brainer. Mine was $135 shipped ($200 normally).
Thank you once again for your help, Stillhart.
It sounds like you really enjoy the HP100's. If I were to change my mind and go for a closed headphone, is the HP100 the best choice at the sub-$300 price range for immersive (not competitive) PC gaming? I've heard the DT770's are pretty good too, though perhaps the 80ohm version would need a better amp than the U3.post #24486 of 271517/9/14 at 7:03pmQuote:
Woot! Something exciting may be coming from MLE once again!post #24487 of 271517/9/14 at 9:52pmI would, but the only set of 1540 alcantara pads I have are on the HP200 (I sold the replacement pair a while back). The 1540s have alpha pads on 'em (which are a bih' to put back on after removal).
I know how important it is for you, Mad, to review headphones in stock form. Do you still have the shure velours you bought off me? If so, I can just borrow them and place them on the HP200 while you have the 1540 and its stock alcantaras. I really can't see myself dealing with just the stock pleathers on the HP200 during that time. Plus, I'm very curious as to his they will sound with plain velours.
Edited by Change is Good - 7/9/14 at 9:59pmpost #24488 of 271517/9/14 at 10:06pmThread Starterpost #24489 of 271517/9/14 at 10:09pmpost #24490 of 271517/9/14 at 10:35pmThread StarterAs am I. Having two friends from Denmark staying with me for 3 weeks... basically dried up all my funds. Financial bind is being modest.post #24491 of 271517/10/14 at 2:16ampost #24492 of 271517/10/14 at 7:37am
Have any of you ever heard of Allen and Heath headphones? I had a buddy that works at Guitar Center suggest them to me when I told him I was looking to purchase the Q701s. He really seems to stand by them and he owns a pair of Xones (I think that's what they are called). I didn't see them in the guide, so just wondering if any of you have any experience with them.post #24493 of 271517/10/14 at 7:37amThread Starterpost #24494 of 271517/10/14 at 7:40amQuote:Originally Posted by Dreyka
Anyone know of a way to input multi-channel audio from a console to your PC (Windows)?
Idea is to output surround sound from console into a PC and then use virtual surround sound software on PC. This way I can avoid a Mixamp and avoid Dolby Headphone.
Can this be done through a capture card and virtual audio cables?
Probably using a card that has optical input, then run optical out from console to optical in in audio card then set optical in as a main audio source on pc, then apply dolby headphone encoding and output through headphone jack. To be honest, just buy a mixamp or dss, less hassle.
Also, I know You guys advised me to go with K612 and not hd598 but I found used hd598 for an equivalent of 70 usd so I bought them immediately.
Edited by Yethal - 7/10/14 at 7:44am
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014: Beyerdynamic T51i Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Melbourne classifieds link thread 42 seconds ago
- › Hidizs AP100 (DAP) Support Team - Now on Head-fi! (35%OFF discount... 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 5 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 6 minutes ago
- › How to take out the drivers from the ring shape cylinder 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz' new portable headphone amplifier: AP001 7 minutes ago
- › DAC/amps with independent headphone and analog output levels? 7 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 7 minutes ago
- › Zynsonix Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable by BeatsWork
- › Mitsubishi LT-30 by Golden Ears
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)