- 364 Posts. Joined 12/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K 701 Whitetagged by Qkzz, 12/11/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 9/21/14 at 4:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I am penning down my opinion about the Hidizs AP100 Digital Audio Player. I will try to keep this review simple as possible and I hope it would be easy to read, and will help fellow enthusiasts to...
thanks to it's overall sound quality, details are not even a problem with kdx200. you'll get back every detail you lost on cheaper models like Xiaomi Piston, Brainwavz M4-M5. and there's also some...
after M4 & Xiaomi Piston 2, i finally got a M5 to audition. i listened it for 2 days and here's my thoughts: soundstage is the same again, small in every aspect. bass, treble, vocals, mids...
These are great headphones I was turned onto from the forum. On this forum you have to assess who is enthusiastic about what. Generally, there is a difference between enthusiasm from novices...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014: Beyerdynamic T51i Added) - Page 1626post #24376 of 278477/6/14 at 11:00amI know, but TAC seems a sure upgrade over Mixamp. Promise no hiss, and have more surround presets. Let's see what is coming.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #24377 of 278477/6/14 at 11:25ampost #24378 of 278477/6/14 at 12:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by Zombie_X
After playing around with the adapter design, I've come around to the final design. The entire body of the adapter will be made of metal with glue shrink holding it together. I've wired all the internal with solid core copper. This also insures the highest quality signal will be sent, though I have considered wiring the internals with solid core Silver. The new design is more snug with the AKG as well. The 1/8" jack I used has a smaller entry, so the Boom Pro wont turn nearly as much as the prototype I made.
I'm opening up a testing program for these very shortly. Participants will be put on a list and there will be one unit passed around among the members. Final details will be disclosed later.
Stillhart, I have your adapter in hand, let me know when you want it. Same goes for you MLE.
On the left is the prototype, on the right is the final design.
Following your progress on these adapters with great interest (just bought the 701s for gaming). Looking forward to the next update!
DCpost #24379 of 278477/6/14 at 9:21pmpost #24380 of 278477/6/14 at 9:22pmQuote:
when it the TAC coming out? I sure hope to see some comparison's to the Mixamp. I'm fine with my mixamp, tried TB mixers before, but would always like to see something beat out the mixamp at some point.post #24381 of 278477/6/14 at 9:35pm
Nope. The K/Q7xx line use Mini XLR connectors for the headphones. Zombie_X is currently working on getting the XLR to 3.5mm adapters tested and ready to sell. Those will work with the Boom Pro and any other 3.5mm cord.post #24382 of 278477/6/14 at 9:45pmHey guys,
Any solid recommendations for closed back, over the ear headphones? I'm looking into some good headphones for portable gaming and music use. I'm not sure as to which closed headphones will have a good enough soundstage while still being great for music. I'm looking into foldable headphones for portability.
So far, the V-Moda M100, PSB M4U 1 or 2 and Mad Dogs seem pretty decent.post #24383 of 278477/7/14 at 12:03amQuote:
ETA?post #24384 of 278477/7/14 at 12:15am
Sorry, no clue. You may have to ask Zombie_X directly. You can check back periodically on the testing thread as hopefully it will be updated as the testing gets done. Here's the link: http://www.head-fi.org/t/717192/custom-akg-v-moda-boom-pro-adapter-testers-wantedpost #24385 of 278477/7/14 at 3:28am
For all the talk this TAC thing gets, an HDMI input/video passthrough would be nice.
Also, we're making an awful lot of assumptions about its performance and DTS Headphone:X's performance in particular. While I'd like to test it out myself, I can't rule out the possibility that it might actually end up being worse.post #24386 of 278477/7/14 at 3:44ampost #24387 of 278477/7/14 at 6:00amQuote:Originally Posted by NamelessPFG
For all the talk this TAC thing gets, an HDMI input/video passthrough would be nice.
Also, we're making an awful lot of assumptions about its performance and DTS Headphone:X's performance in particular. While I'd like to test it out myself, I can't rule out the possibility that it might actually end up being worse.
There are a couple iOS apps with Hans Zimmer soundtracks in pre-baked DTS Headphone X (and of course Zimmer saying "Left-front speaker..."), not interactive like a game but I thought it sounded good. Well, I say not interactive, but you can switch on/off DTS headphone X mode live while the batman or superman music is playing. Historically, DTS encoding is less compressed than Dolby too, though like anything in this hobby there are people who prefer one over the other... There was an episode of Big Bang Theory where a pretty new girl moves in upstairs and has Leonard set up a home theater for her; Leonard set it to use DTS "...because it has more bass" and Sheldon says "I hate you."post #24388 of 278477/7/14 at 6:01ampost #24389 of 278477/7/14 at 6:04ampost #24390 of 278477/7/14 at 6:10am
As far as I know PS4 uses AMD audio software which is supposedly awesome and badass etc. So, a question has to be asked, is there a way for PS4 to output virtual surround through optical as two channel pcm stream so we can have both positional accuracy and audiophile level sound quality?
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014: Beyerdynamic T51i Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 17 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 35 seconds ago
- › HifiMan HE-560 US Touring Event - Sign up List Updated 39 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sound Blaster X7 - Impressions? Thoughts? 3 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Auralic Gemini 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)