Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014: Beyerdynamic T51i Added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014: Beyerdynamic T51i Added) - Page 1619

post #24271 of 27962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion1991 View Post

I would go for the HD558 or AD700x for gaming. both have a large soundstage and both are pretty comfy.
if you are running low on money you could grab Superlux HD EVO.
I am running a little low on money frown.gif
So the superlux HD evo are better than the HD518 for gaming?
I thought the HD518 would be closer to the HD558/598 as they share the same driver
post #24272 of 27962

Hi,

I just ordered a new gaming pc with Asus Xonar DGX sound card.

As I'm going to play first person shooters most of the time, I want to buy the Audio-Technica AD700x.

Is the Asus Xonar DGX sound card a good configuration for this headphone or can you recommend a better one?

 

Thanks and greeting from Germany!

post #24273 of 27962

You can output dolby headphone through s/pdif and connect external dac+amp for even better sound, but the card alone is great.

post #24274 of 27962

Hi dudes,i probably need some new headphones when i have now Beyerdynamic dt-990pro but my left ear so hurt :( my ear skin like ''burn out'' any recommend headphones competitive gaming,And maybe i need sound card/dac plus amp combo? i dont own any sound card or dac/amp just have asus maximus vii ranger soundboard,And my budjet around 100-150euros


Edited by Japi95 - 6/29/14 at 5:52am
post #24275 of 27962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japi95 View Post
 

Hi dudes,i probably need some new headphones when i have now Beyerdynamic dt-990pro but my left ear so hurt :( my ear skin like ''burn out'' any recommend headphones competitive gaming,And maybe i need sound card/dac plus amp combo? i dont own any sound card or dac/amp just have asus maximus vii ranger soundboard,And my budjet around 100-150euros


I don't think that you will need a sound card if you already have radar 2 built into your mother board!

post #24276 of 27962
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin vegas View Post
 


I don't think that you will need a sound card if you already have radar 2 built into your mother board!


Ok Nice :)

post #24277 of 27962
Skullcandy pyre 1 or steelseries h wireless ?

Want A wireless multi plattform gaming headset. Will Mainly use it on ps4, and for competitive fps/3ps gaming, and some movie watching.

Is the steelseries worth the extra money ? Cant find any VS threads/videos with those two. Only thing i know is that both are better than astro a50.

Im worried about the 2,4ghz band, dont like the noise. I see that skullcandy dont Get this noise ? Same with steelseries ?
post #24278 of 27962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintrocky View Post

Skullcandy pyre 1 or steelseries h wireless ?

Want A wireless multi plattform gaming headset. Will Mainly use it on ps4, and for competitive fps/3ps gaming, and some movie watching.

Is the steelseries worth the extra money ? Cant find any VS threads/videos with those two. Only thing i know is that both are better than astro a50.

Im worried about the 2,4ghz band, dont like the noise. I see that skullcandy dont Get this noise ? Same with steelseries ?

Go with astro 5.8 and high quality audiophile headphones. I have two pairs of steelseries headsets (siberias and 5hv2) and they are incredibly disappointing sound-wise.

post #24279 of 27962
Mic to ps4 controller with 3.5, headset to mix amp, and amp connected to the plattform, right ?

Dont know if i want wired, was thinking about going wireless this time. Hm...
post #24280 of 27962

you can output chat through usb, it would be easier

post #24281 of 27962
Quote:
Originally Posted by norbert69 View Post
 

Hi,

I just ordered a new gaming pc with Asus Xonar DGX sound card.

As I'm going to play first person shooters most of the time, I want to buy the Audio-Technica AD700x.

Is the Asus Xonar DGX sound card a good configuration for this headphone or can you recommend a better one?

 

Thanks and greeting from Germany!

 

The Audio-Technica AD700x is not really available or ridiculously expensive (from 250 $ up) here in Germany.

Other possible options for me are AKG K612 Pro, AKG K701 or Beyerdynamic DT990.

What are the best alternatives for FPS gaming? 

Thanks

post #24282 of 27962
Quote:
Originally Posted by norbert69 View Post
 

What are the best alternatives for FPS gaming? 

 

 

Q701

post #24283 of 27962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintrocky View Post

Skullcandy pyre 1 or steelseries h wireless ?

Want A wireless multi plattform gaming headset. Will Mainly use it on ps4, and for competitive fps/3ps gaming, and some movie watching.

Is the steelseries worth the extra money ? Cant find any VS threads/videos with those two. Only thing i know is that both are better than astro a50.

Im worried about the 2,4ghz band, dont like the noise. I see that skullcandy dont Get this noise ? Same with steelseries ?

You might hold off for the new Turtle Beach that's coming out in the next week or two.  They have a new wireless headset that uses DTS Headphone X, has dual noise-canceling mics, wireless charging, etc.  No idea how it will sound, but it looks good on paper.

 

Otherwise, I tried the PLYR1 and it worked great.  If you're in the market for an easy all-in-one wireless solution, it works fine.  Obviously getting real headphones sounds a lot better, which is why I didn't keep mine.   But if you're looking for feature, convenience and price, it's hard to beat.

post #24284 of 27962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillhart View Post
 

You might hold off for the new Turtle Beach that's coming out in the next week or two.  They have a new wireless headset that uses DTS Headphone X, has dual noise-canceling mics, wireless charging, etc.  No idea how it will sound, but it looks good on paper.

 

Otherwise, I tried the PLYR1 and it worked great.  If you're in the market for an easy all-in-one wireless solution, it works fine.  Obviously getting real headphones sounds a lot better, which is why I didn't keep mine.   But if you're looking for feature, convenience and price, it's hard to beat.


He's better off getting the sennheiser 363d if he wants plug in and play and it comes with a dolby headphone surround amp!

post #24285 of 27962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yethal View Post
 

Go with astro 5.8 and high quality audiophile headphones. I have two pairs of steelseries headsets (siberias and 5hv2) and they are incredibly disappointing sound-wise.

 

Is there a big difference between the Astro 5.8 and the Mixamp Pro or is the 5.8 just a firmware number? Sorry if this is a newb question.

 

[Edited] On second look, I see that the 5.8 is a wireless solution compared to the Mixamp Pro being all wired. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Is that the only benefit vs the pro?


Edited by Mista Freeze 74 - 6/30/14 at 6:15am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014: Beyerdynamic T51i Added)