Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014: Beyerdynamic T51i Added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014: Beyerdynamic T51i Added) - Page 1447

post #21691 of 27983

I just got my AKG K712 and Beyerdynamic DT-990-Pro-250 headphones. I am so blown away at how good they sound! These are my first headphones I have purchased besides gaming headsets, lol never again. So glad I learned about this website and about true headphones. Shout out to MLE for the guide, you rock man!!!

post #21692 of 27983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post

I meant that's how much soundstage you will lose when going to the A700 from the MA900.

The K612 is no slouch in regard to soundstage and imaging. Its not as wide as the K702/Q701and K712/Annie, but its still pretty wide. I'd imagine it would score a 9/9.25 in that regard compared to the 9.5/10 of those others.

Put some K702 pads on the K612, however, and the soundstage opens up a little more.
So just so I'm not confused the MA900 has a wider stage? I might look into the 612 pro
post #21693 of 27983
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDREEM View Post

So just so I'm not confused the MA900 has a wider stage? I might look into the 612 pro

Yes the MA900 is wider than the closed A700. Its even slightly wider than the stock K612.

But aren't you looking into closed headphones? You do know the K612 is open, right? o_O
post #21694 of 27983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post

Yes the MA900 is wider than the closed A700. Its even slightly wider than the stock K612.

But aren't you looking into closed headphones? You do know the K612 is open, right? o_O
Sorry I meant the open AD700 I'm such a plum lol

I'm debating between them and MA900 depending on soundstage and the closest to mimic and open space butvaldo with good quality sound. I don't mind losing a bit of bass for a wider stage.
post #21695 of 27983
Well, the AD700 is the widest of those two. But the bass is almost anemic...
post #21696 of 27983
The K612 have the most even width and depth of those IMO. The imaging is sublime and picking up cues in any game is a breeze. The ratio between fun and competitive is very good, I'd give them a 9 in both. Yes I really like them. Prefer them to both the MA900 and X1 for gaming and sometimes for music as well (depending on mood...)
post #21697 of 27983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post

Well, the AD700 is the widest of those two. But the bass is almost anemic...
Oh right, do they have comparable quality in the mids and highs as the Sony? When you says anemic do they not sound accurate for say explosions? Sorry for all the questions!
post #21698 of 27983
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post

The K612 have the most even width and depth of those IMO. The imaging is sublime and picking up cues in any game is a breeze. The ratio between fun and competitive is very good, I'd give them a 9 in both. Yes I really like them. Prefer them to both the MA900 and X1 for gaming and sometimes for music as well (depending on mood...)

I always had my eye on the K712's: anybody here had experience with both the K's 712 and 612?

post #21699 of 27983
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDREEM View Post


Oh right, do they have comparable quality in the mids and highs as the Sony? When you says anemic do they not sound accurate for say explosions? Sorry for all the questions!

The AD700 is very cool, as in lacking warmth from very rolled off low frequencies, where as the MA900 is closer to neutral. As for what's better, it just depends on what kind of gaming you're planning on using them for. Personally, I prefer the AD700, but also keep in mind that isn't the popular recommendation around here for general gaming cans.

post #21700 of 27983
I play FPS online but I also play open world games like GTA abd Red Dead. These are my main games. Will the AD be ok for this?
post #21701 of 27983
Thread Starter 
The AD700's bass is basically so rolled off, it's non-existent. If yoh want to hear explosions and stuff, dont bother. Get the MA900. Muuuuch more fun.
post #21702 of 27983
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaLX View Post
 

I always had my eye on the K712's: anybody here had experience with both the K's 712 and 612?

 

Change has had both of them.  Not at the same time though.

post #21703 of 27983

Ty Chico.. dammit it's so hard to search in such a huge thread..... Change.. any chance you could link to your post/thoughts please?

 

If indeed MLE is going to review the K612, then that'll be a great read. Then again, the guy's needing a serious break from all this stuff as he said.

post #21704 of 27983
I don't mind losing the impact from explosions but as long as you can actually hear it I'll prob get the AD700 if they are more detailed and open and airy.
Edited by DJDREEM - 3/15/14 at 2:26am
post #21705 of 27983

Hi guys, i'm new here and just wanted to say thank you for this wonderful discussion.

 

Quick story first, I ended up buying Senns PC360 because i like their sound signature and fact of having a boom attached to them. The only problem, a critical one, was the fact that they're uncomfortable for long term use. Their clamping force is aggressive on my ears or sides of my head. When stretching them to full-lose-size they still feel uncomfortable. I am using my computer for long hours of game sessions and comfort is a critical part for me. I was so disappointed because of that. I think i can still replace them because they're in my possession for only about 2 weeks, but they're expensive in my country and replacement rules here are, well...harsh.
As for my head- it's important to mention out that i have a wide head and that i'm wearing glasses. I was wondering, can you guys recommend me a more comfortable pair for gaming and overall pc usage?
Are the senns hd558 will feel better on my head? Perhaps i should set my eyes upon the Beyers?

Will appreciate any answer. And again, great topic!!

(Btw- Pc got SB-Z installed, so a 250 ohm driving capabilities are there)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014: Beyerdynamic T51i Added)