I just got my AKG K712 and Beyerdynamic DT-990-Pro-250 headphones. I am so blown away at how good they sound! These are my first headphones I have purchased besides gaming headsets, lol never again. So glad I learned about this website and about true headphones. Shout out to MLE for the guide, you rock man!!!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K 701 Whitetagged by Qkzz, 12/11/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 9/21/14 at 4:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
When I listen to these Headphones I always think to Polygamy. That is because I am already in love for another Headphone but I am also attracted by these Liberate. They are not exactly my kind...
I actually have, believe it or not, two sets of the A8 earphones. I bought the first one at a B&O store; someone bought a car and the earphones came as a gift. He didn't care for them, so he gave...
I have tested all JBL BT Headphones. I am not even sure why. These are the ONLY one which is worth considering if you look for a good sound. But NOT for the actual price of $270, EVER. They...
If I would have to choose between these and the JBL E40, I would probably kill myself. But in case I am of particularly good mood I would choose these. They do not have much better SQ but have...
When I first reviewed these Headphones some time ago in Amazon, I did not yet tried so many BT Headphones. Somehow I like them more now, specially because their much cheaper price (actually...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014: Beyerdynamic T51i Added) - Page 1447
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #21692 of 279833/14/14 at 4:00pmQuote:So just so I'm not confused the MA900 has a wider stage? I might look into the 612 proOriginally Posted by Change is Good
I meant that's how much soundstage you will lose when going to the A700 from the MA900.
The K612 is no slouch in regard to soundstage and imaging. Its not as wide as the K702/Q701and K712/Annie, but its still pretty wide. I'd imagine it would score a 9/9.25 in that regard compared to the 9.5/10 of those others.
Put some K702 pads on the K612, however, and the soundstage opens up a little more.post #21693 of 279833/14/14 at 4:03pmQuote:
Yes the MA900 is wider than the closed A700. Its even slightly wider than the stock K612.
But aren't you looking into closed headphones? You do know the K612 is open, right? o_Opost #21694 of 279833/14/14 at 4:09pmQuote:Sorry I meant the open AD700 I'm such a plum lol
I'm debating between them and MA900 depending on soundstage and the closest to mimic and open space butvaldo with good quality sound. I don't mind losing a bit of bass for a wider stage.post #21695 of 279833/14/14 at 4:14pmpost #21696 of 279833/14/14 at 4:19pmThe K612 have the most even width and depth of those IMO. The imaging is sublime and picking up cues in any game is a breeze. The ratio between fun and competitive is very good, I'd give them a 9 in both. Yes I really like them. Prefer them to both the MA900 and X1 for gaming and sometimes for music as well (depending on mood...)post #21697 of 279833/14/14 at 4:21pmpost #21698 of 279833/14/14 at 4:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by conquerator2
The K612 have the most even width and depth of those IMO. The imaging is sublime and picking up cues in any game is a breeze. The ratio between fun and competitive is very good, I'd give them a 9 in both. Yes I really like them. Prefer them to both the MA900 and X1 for gaming and sometimes for music as well (depending on mood...)
I always had my eye on the K712's: anybody here had experience with both the K's 712 and 612?post #21699 of 279833/14/14 at 5:00pmQuote:
The AD700 is very cool, as in lacking warmth from very rolled off low frequencies, where as the MA900 is closer to neutral. As for what's better, it just depends on what kind of gaming you're planning on using them for. Personally, I prefer the AD700, but also keep in mind that isn't the popular recommendation around here for general gaming cans.post #21700 of 279833/14/14 at 5:09pmpost #21701 of 279833/14/14 at 10:05pmThread StarterThe AD700's bass is basically so rolled off, it's non-existent. If yoh want to hear explosions and stuff, dont bother. Get the MA900. Muuuuch more fun.post #21702 of 279833/14/14 at 11:52pmQuote:
Change has had both of them. Not at the same time though.post #21703 of 279833/14/14 at 11:57pm
Ty Chico.. dammit it's so hard to search in such a huge thread..... Change.. any chance you could link to your post/thoughts please?
If indeed MLE is going to review the K612, then that'll be a great read. Then again, the guy's needing a serious break from all this stuff as he said.post #21704 of 279833/15/14 at 2:20amI don't mind losing the impact from explosions but as long as you can actually hear it I'll prob get the AD700 if they are more detailed and open and airy.
Edited by DJDREEM - 3/15/14 at 2:26ampost #21705 of 279833/15/14 at 5:21am
Hi guys, i'm new here and just wanted to say thank you for this wonderful discussion.
Quick story first, I ended up buying Senns PC360 because i like their sound signature and fact of having a boom attached to them. The only problem, a critical one, was the fact that they're uncomfortable for long term use. Their clamping force is aggressive on my ears or sides of my head. When stretching them to full-lose-size they still feel uncomfortable. I am using my computer for long hours of game sessions and comfort is a critical part for me. I was so disappointed because of that. I think i can still replace them because they're in my possession for only about 2 weeks, but they're expensive in my country and replacement rules here are, well...harsh.
As for my head- it's important to mention out that i have a wide head and that i'm wearing glasses. I was wondering, can you guys recommend me a more comfortable pair for gaming and overall pc usage?
Are the senns hd558 will feel better on my head? Perhaps i should set my eyes upon the Beyers?
Will appreciate any answer. And again, great topic!!
(Btw- Pc got SB-Z installed, so a 250 ohm driving capabilities are there)
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014: Beyerdynamic T51i Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Music Game IX 34 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 53 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › IEM's vs Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO, 250 ohms 1 minute ago
- › Looking for a combination headphone/speaker amplifier than can... 1 minute ago
- › Software that'll volume match all my music? 1 minute ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 2 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 9 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 10 minutes ago
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by Rockthemboots
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)