EQ at flat setting
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 9/21/14 at 4:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I picked these up off ebay a few weeks ago for 5 $ so my expectations were not high but to my surprise i think that i found a new pair of daily drivers, as i have said i have collected a fairly...
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014: Beyerdynamic T51i Added) - Page 1381
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #20702 of 267012/6/14 at 8:06am
The new sony gold headset seems pretty nifty for 100 dollars. My friend decided that ultimately he wants the convenience of everything the gold offers over his previous headphones and mixamp. For 100 dollars and all of those features though, there has to be some caveat. The build in particular doesn't look too grand. I guess we'll see once he gets his.post #20703 of 267012/6/14 at 11:44am
To play BF4 in PS4, and being think add a MixAmp + mic
Which is best for me, MA900 or X1?
I appreciate a very large, airy and three-dimensional soundstage, and i'm not a bass head.
Edited by pack21 - 2/6/14 at 11:48ampost #20704 of 267012/6/14 at 11:59amQuote:Originally Posted by Evshrug
The Microsoft store was (is?) running a sale on new @.@ A30 and Mixamp 5.8 bundles. Mad thought it would be nice to have a spare closed headset... but his A30 arrived with a huge channel imbalance and one ear much quieter/duller.
My bundle arrives Monday. The black A30+wireless Mixamp kit was $109 for me.
Oh i see, superb deal.post #20705 of 267012/6/14 at 12:16pmpost #20706 of 267012/6/14 at 12:36pmQuote:
I would suggest the K612 or MA900, rather than the X1. On Battlefield, the X1's bass will be too much at times... and will hamper positioning and audio cues... and will also hamper chatting.post #20707 of 267012/6/14 at 12:57pm
I respectively disagree. In regards to the X1, I don't find the bass to hamper positioning and audio cues much and I don't think it's very convenient at all to have two cables attached to you while you game. I'm guessing MLE might agree with me there. Besides, I'd rather have a more immersive experience in a game that doesn't allow for the best audio positioning in the first place.
Of course, if the user doesn't care about convenience at all and only cares about positioning, the MA900 or k612 might be a slightly better choice like you mentioned.
Edited by DADDYDC650 - 2/6/14 at 1:07pmpost #20708 of 267012/6/14 at 1:16pmpost #20709 of 267012/6/14 at 1:27pmQuote:http://www.ebay.com/itm/V-Moda-BoomPro-Headset-Microphone-fr-Detachable-3-5mm-Port-Crossfade-Solo-Studio-/221342066947?pt=US_Radio_Comm_Headsets_Earpieces&hash=item338903e903post #20710 of 267012/6/14 at 1:36pmThe X1 just didn't work for me on Battlefield, sorry to say. Its U-shaped sound signature made it impossible to chat AND enjoy that immersiveness.
If I can recall, you've mentioned yourself that you have to turn the chat knob, when chatting, to a point where it almost makes the X1 not so fun... correct?
Because of so, it would affect the positioning and audio (granted its already less than average on Battlefield) due to the reduction of the in game volume during chatting. (In my experience)
So yea, for people who play Battlefield (and chat) I will always suggest the MA900 or K612 before the X1.
Edited by Change is Good - 2/6/14 at 1:47pmpost #20711 of 267012/6/14 at 1:46pm
When I mentioned having issues with chat volume and game sound, it's more of an issue with USB to PS4 connection with the Astro mixamps. It sounds just fine when I use the TB PS4 chat cable. A lot of Astro mixamp/USB headset users have reported the same issues and I doubt they are all using the X1. Hopefully the issue will be addressed in a future PS4 firmware update.
Forgot to mention that I've been using the Astro a30's and chat actually sounded good in BF4 but total crap in COD: Ghost. Same thing with the X1.
Edited by DADDYDC650 - 2/6/14 at 1:49pmpost #20712 of 267012/6/14 at 1:55pmQuote:
This is actually a really good point. For that game specifically, some of the effects can be quite jarring. It's a big reason why I will use standard foam pads on my K702 AE vs the memory foam. A more neutral signature would, IMO, lend itself better to BF4 vs a warmer one.post #20713 of 267012/6/14 at 2:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by roguegeek
This is actually a really good point. For that game specifically, some of the effects can be quite jarring. It's a big reason why I will use standard foam pads on my K702 AE vs the memory foam. A more neutral signature would, IMO, lend itself better to BF4 vs a warmer one.
This is why I'm going to order the the angled pads for my K612, rather than the memory foam ones. I was able to try them out, today, as I ordered a pair for a fellow head-fier in Canada (for his K702 AE, as well). The K612 is already a warm headphone, and the angled pads refined that with only marginal changes to its sound.. while also adding some air to its soundstage. It may have even added a little more bass, but I believe its due to its cleaner impact rather than amount.
The memory foam pads may make them TOO warm, I believe... for its purpose. Plus, the angled pads are much cheaper...
Edited by Change is Good - 2/6/14 at 2:08pmpost #20714 of 267012/6/14 at 2:40pmpost #20715 of 267012/6/14 at 2:55pmQuote:
There isn't that many full reviews on them yet. There is a couple comparisons reviews of them with other headphones and probably a couple stand-alone reviews here and there here on head-fi.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014: Beyerdynamic T51i Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › HD 598 vs Q701 for $250 (Living in Japan) 14 seconds ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 27 seconds ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 42 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › Testing the claim: "I can hear differences between lossless formats." 4 minutes ago
- › Grado SR80 Impressions thread! 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 6 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SE110 Sound Isolating Earphone with Balanced Armature Driver... by umhhmm
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)