Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 9/21/14 at 4:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014: Beyerdynamic T51i Added) - Page 1204
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #18047 of 2668611/19/13 at 5:00ampost #18048 of 2668611/19/13 at 6:54amQuote:
How well does it isolate you from ambient noise, people talking a few feet away from you?post #18049 of 2668611/19/13 at 7:33am
Deciding between two setups, input would be appreciated. Currently have dt770 pro-250s. Two options I'm considering are:
SoundBlaster Z > Magni > dt770
RazerSurround > Modi > Magni > dt770
I've demo'd the razer software and it's is not too shabby for what it is. Is SBX much better if at all? This is for game immersion with headphones only, I don't like any type of software on while listening to music and I watch movies on an actual 5.1 setup.
I love DH for its superior positional cues but I just can't deal with all the reverb.
Edited by Breaker - 11/19/13 at 7:39ampost #18050 of 2668611/19/13 at 7:42am^ just plugged in my Z, let's see if it works. Creatives last gen THX TruStudio Pro was, IMO, on par or slightly better than DH positioning (your ears may vary), and it didn't have the reverb of DH which I didn't like either.post #18051 of 2668611/19/13 at 7:43amQuote:
The 900X isolates quite well.
I use it while commuting a lot and at home it's a non-issue.
There is TV playing, PC humming, people talking and I find it isolates quite fine.
Not as well as the Pro 900 used to [I think, by memory] but decent isolation.
It doesn't leak at all too.post #18052 of 2668611/19/13 at 7:46amQuote:
Can someone answer his questions please, instead of just ignoring him?post #18053 of 2668611/19/13 at 7:54amQuote:
I wrote a lengthy response to his question, what you just quoted contains no question AND what I said before applies to what you quoted.post #18054 of 2668611/19/13 at 7:59am
What you said was that he needs two pairs of headphones, if I remember correctly..why doesn't he just get a stx and use dolby headphone with a good pair of beyers?post #18055 of 2668611/19/13 at 8:03amQuote:
Because they are not an all-rounder headphone?post #18056 of 2668611/19/13 at 8:13am
Is the bass any better with the Audio Technica ATH A900x?post #18057 of 2668611/19/13 at 8:14ampost #18058 of 2668611/19/13 at 8:16am
SoundBlaster Z > Magni > dt770: You'd have to use the headphone out in conjunction with the amp to get correct headphone surround. You wouldn't want to use the line outs, because as of now this new range of Sound Blasters would consider your headphones to be speakers. I've tried it and it sounds weird to me. The old X-Fi's did not do this (you could use the line-outs with headphones).
You could get away without that amp but it'd most certainly help - and somebody in the Z thread used a Magni via the headphone out and reported that there was no distortion. Please bear in mind this isn't an ideal solution but it worked for that guy. I'd try it without the amp first.
Razer Surround > Modi > Magni > dt770: Not as good as SBZ Pro or DH, but as you say it's not too shabby. It has however been criticised for poor overall SQ. Checkout The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio thread or the Creative Sound Blaster new série Z thread for more info/endless arguments .
SoundBlaster ZxR > dt770: ?? Same (ish) price as the above solutions. I'd go for this option myself.
Edited by SaLX - 11/19/13 at 8:24ampost #18059 of 2668611/19/13 at 8:16ampost #18060 of 2668611/19/13 at 8:17amThat was a reply to slog, Spooky specifically asked about the MA900 and the dark side of the moon album. He didn't ask about beyers. The STX is a decent option but people complain about driver support, the hot gaming soundcards for PC right now (with good drivers) are Creative's new Z line of soundblasters.
Nobody was being ignored.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014: Beyerdynamic T51i Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › The How and Why of Tubes 24 seconds ago
- › Best portable music player (for classical music) 28 seconds ago
- › Really torn on which headphones to get. 38 seconds ago
- › Why would 24 bit / 192 khz flac sound any better than 16 bit / 44.1... 46 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Koss Pro DJ 100 - The Budget King 2 minutes ago
- › Current Mode Amplifiers, how do they work? 4 minutes ago
- › HE-400i Amping Question 6 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 7 minutes ago
- › Credence Independent Corporate Advisors: Assessment 8 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)