Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014: Beyerdynamic T51i Added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014: Beyerdynamic T51i Added) - Page 963

post #14431 of 27956
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicolom View Post

 

I've read the V-moda has 1.3 ohms though... confused.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/623013/new-philips-fidelio-x1/1275#post_9436401

 

How did you measure the monoprice cable?  I have a multimeter so I might try and measure it for kicks.


Tyll @ InnerFidelity stated the VModa cable had 0.5 ohm in his X1 review.  My multimeter has alligator clip leads so its a little easier to measure.  He claimed 0.5-0.8 is normal so the Monoprice (1ohm) may be negligible.  I run mine thru A/V receiver (via phones surround which I actually prefer over my MixAmp) so I would like every bit of improvement considering supposed common high impedance of headphone jack.

 

On a side note, can't wait to read MLE and your X1 comparisons/review.  I am having a hard time deciding between X1, Annie and D7000...ok not so much w/D7000 :) but, the He-400 has been dropped out of contention.

post #14432 of 27956
I'm measuring 0.5 ohms on my Vmoda cable.
post #14433 of 27956
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicolom View Post

 

 

 

"While it's possible that either Microsoft or third-party makers could develop an adapter to offer backwards compatibility, we're told that the new port is part of a larger strategy to gain control over the accessory market. Manufacturers will not only need to develop entirely new products for the new connection standard, but use licensing and authentication protocols from Microsoft, potentially driving up costs for consumers. The licensing program could also limit the variety and competitive nature of the accessory market since all manufacturers would be required to adhere to Microsoft's terms."

 

Doesn't sound good.

Dangit, Bill Gates, why'd you have to go and retire? frown.gif

 

 

Edit: Strangely, I did not like the HE90. I wonder if its possible to dislike electrostats o.O


Edited by daleb - 6/17/13 at 9:52pm
post #14434 of 27956
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicolom View Post

 

 

 

"While it's possible that either Microsoft or third-party makers could develop an adapter to offer backwards compatibility, we're told that the new port is part of a larger strategy to gain control over the accessory market. Manufacturers will not only need to develop entirely new products for the new connection standard, but use licensing and authentication protocols from Microsoft, potentially driving up costs for consumers. The licensing program could also limit the variety and competitive nature of the accessory market since all manufacturers would be required to adhere to Microsoft's terms."

 

Doesn't sound good.

 

So no using your own headphones for gaming on the Xbox One?

 

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Get off the stage!!!  *throwing tomatoes*

post #14435 of 27956

No, its specifically that you'll have to buy headsets designed for the xbox one... Plus, that means no Dolby Digital... Unless Microsoft made a decoder for it.
 

post #14436 of 27956
Quote:
Originally Posted by daleb View Post

No, its specifically that you'll have to buy headsets designed for the xbox one... Plus, that means no Dolby Digital... Unless Microsoft made a decoder for it.
 

 

I'm sure third parties will get licensed and be able to make new products for the Xbox One controller port, but it still sucks that everyone has to go out and buy all new devices just for voice chat.

 

Maybe Astro will eventually release a new Mixamp in 2014.

post #14437 of 27956
Looks like they are using Apple's proprietary playbook bull$h*t. I've never been an Xbox man, but I also never had anything against it. The more they release about One, the more I can't help but feel happy/justified in buying a PS4 to compliment my custom PC.

Hopefully their sales are poor and they are forced to change policies and future plans.
***I know pipedream, not going to happen.
post #14438 of 27956

But then that license will make the amp cost more. Ugh.

 

Quote:


 


Hopefully their sales are poor and they are forced to change policies and future plans.

 

I'm guessing they will end the upcoming generation with 30 million sales, at most 40 million. I can't see more then that happening.


Edited by daleb - 6/17/13 at 10:55pm
post #14439 of 27956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakahah View Post

Hopefully their sales are poor and they are forced to change policies and future plans.
***I know pipedream, not going to happen.

 

Not if people continue to be in denial by trying to justify their Xbox One purchase. No, I'm not bashing... I don't judge anyone on how they spend their money. But I do shake my head while wondering how people can support this chokehold they are putting on their loyal customers.


Edited by Change is Good - 6/17/13 at 11:01pm
post #14440 of 27956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post

Not if people continue to be in denial by trying to justify their Xbox One purchase. No, I'm not bashing... I don't judge anyone on how they spend their money. But I do shake my head while wondering how people can support this chokehold they are putting on their loyal customers.
Though people like us mostly on this forum are aware why the XB One isn't good, most others jump on the hate bandwagon, but buy it eventually anyway. Microsoft is aware of this...
post #14441 of 27956
Thread Starter 
I'm not for or against any video game console makers. I'm about the games. Yeah, what Microsoft is doing just....doesn't make much sense, but if I had the money, I'd probably still buy it for the exclusives. I'd hate all the restricting nonsense they're pulling, but as long as I can play games, I'd live with it.

However, it's just logical to prefer the PS4 with all that has been shown. Less headaches, cheaper (not forcing the Eyetoy thing down our throats), more powerful memory w/similar specs otherwise, and better incentives on PS Plus vs XBL Gold (which is also cheaper). It just makes SENSE to get the PS4 first. Let the early adopters deal with Microsoft's BS until they buck under the pressure and change things around to make it worthwhile.
post #14442 of 27956

I just do not want to have to buy a Mixamp One.

post #14443 of 27956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

I'm not for or against any video game console makers. I'm about the games. Yeah, what Microsoft is doing just....doesn't make much sense, but if I had the money, I'd probably still buy it for the exclusives. I'd hate all the restricting nonsense they're pulling, but as long as I can play games, I'd live with it.

However, it's just logical to prefer the PS4 with all that has been shown. Less headaches, cheaper (not forcing the Eyetoy thing down our throats), more powerful memory w/similar specs otherwise, and better incentives on PS Plus vs XBL Gold (which is also cheaper). It just makes SENSE to get the PS4 first. Let the early adopters deal with Microsoft's BS until they buck under the pressure and change things around to make it worthwhile.

 

A strong distaste towards these type of actions from companies/governments and it has left a sinking feeling in my stomach. 

 

I'm with you about the games, and many fall in line with the "I'd live with it" aspect. 

This isn't pointed at you, but a general observation of why I feel that "living with it" shouldn't be an option that we accept.

 

We as Americans have come to adopt the attitude of just "living with it" or "It doesn't affect me directly". 

Slowly we slip into complacency. We end up letter governments have survalence over our phones, our internet, etc. 

We find out about it, and many of us don't care, or don't think of the future consequences of inaction. 

Companies have their own methods of taking advantage of our complacency, and we are seeing more and more of it. 

 

I'm not saying that we all need to start picketing, but we need to be wise in what we choose to support or do nothing about.

As consumers, WE have the greatest power over what a company does, it's our buying power. If we don't buy it, they don't do it. 

We are sitting in the proverbial pot of water on a stove, and it's starting to heat up. At some point we are going to get cooked if we just sit there -- So jump out. 

post #14444 of 27956
Thread Starter 
Thing is, some of it's online stuff is necessary for the games they are running. Cloud computing. It WILL enhance the games played, and so I'll WANT to be online at all times. Sure, it's bad that they're forcing it (PS4 isn't), but it will make it a better experience. So there are pros to go with those cons.

As for the Kinect being mandatory.... I dunno wtf they were thinking. I'm glad the PS4 isn't forcing the eyetoy, as I NEVER use those things.
post #14445 of 27956

I've never been an early adopter of game consoles, I think it's unwise. This time I am and have plonked down for a PS4(I got lucky with the price changes). Not because I'm so ******* excited I can't wait, but I want to put my money where my mouth is. I think the restrictions of the Xbone are bad for the hobby. The "cloud" buzzword they're so fond of has so far only amounted to what is basically the dedicated servers and "ghost" states we've had for years. It's basically the same as what Sim City promised and that didn't end well. Not drinking the Kool-Aid yet. The offloading of computing to "the cloud" is potentially exciting, but with todays internet tubes it's fairly limited in scope. The xbox division has a messaging problem and I suspect it's partly because they just don't have a answer for how this benefits the consumer in any way. I'm all for making sacrifices in the name of progress, but so far the only progress is the fattening of the publishers' wallets. What are the pros for everyone else?

 

I'm not even touching the whole Kinect thing.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014: Beyerdynamic T51i Added)