Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014: Beyerdynamic T51i Added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014: Beyerdynamic T51i Added) - Page 962

post #14416 of 26699

So after really liking the Signature DJ in gaming, music over the past months, seeing how they took away a lot time from the HD 800 I decided to get a "definitive" version and ordered the TH-900. From everything I read by Sig PRO/DJ users that are also familiar with the D7000 it's the best blend of a D7000 and Sig Pro while battering both. Looking reeeaaaally forward to them. 

post #14417 of 26699
Thread Starter 
If only I could afford them. frown.gif
post #14418 of 26699

I also have a a pair of TH900s on the way. Will probably be the endgame for me. At least until I go electrostat crazy.

post #14419 of 26699

Electrostats are something else, man. It's hard to listen to dynamic drivers when you truly get to learn an electrostat that strikes perfectly in line with your tastes.

post #14420 of 26699
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3X0 View Post

Electrostats are something else, man. It's hard to listen to dynamic drivers when you truly get to learn an electrostat that strikes perfectly in line with your tastes.

Hushhh now... Don't tempt the crowd...
post #14421 of 26699

The X1 just went back up to $350 on Amazon

post #14422 of 26699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post

The X1 just went back up to $350 on Amazon

FYI to all X1 buyers....There might be some like myself that are curious about the Monoprice cable but, it actually has @1ohm resistance so although better than stock (@2ohm), it isn't the @0.5ohm? of the VModa cable.

 

MLE or other familiar users,

 

I thought I saw that you had the Mediabridge cable from Amazon.  Is that cable = to the Vmoda or would you say it's even worth it to switch?

post #14423 of 26699
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathDealer623 View Post

FYI to all X1 buyers....There might be some like myself that are curious about the Monoprice cable but, it actually has @1ohm resistance so although better than stock (@2ohm), it isn't the @0.5ohm? of the VModa cable.

 

MLE or other familiar users,

 

I thought I saw that you had the Mediabridge cable from Amazon.  Is that cable = to the Vmoda or would you say it's even worth it to switch?

 

I have a Vmoda cable that came with my Mad Dogs that I use with the X1, and it is a noticeable improvement. I have a 10ft Pipeline audio cable I use with it, too... with the same result.

 

Edit: Sorry, you wanted info on the Mediabridge cable (have not tried it yet)


Edited by Change is Good - 6/17/13 at 5:59pm
post #14424 of 26699
Quote:
Originally Posted by daleb View Post

So did you guys hear that they're having trouble getting the Xbox One to not overheat, so for now, they have to under-clock it? That would explain why they used PCs during E3. Man...
Is that Microsoft's spin on the PC "emulation" debacle? If they were trying to get people's attention away from the used game DRM, they might have succeeded with that and the 21-country initial launch region lock. But then again, since the PS4 has slightly better hardware and doesn't seem to have reports of heat issues, comparisons are probably still abound.
post #14425 of 26699
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathDealer623 View Post

FYI to all X1 buyers....There might be some like myself that are curious about the Monoprice cable but, it actually has @1ohm resistance so although better than stock (@2ohm), it isn't the @0.5ohm? of the VModa cable.

 

I've read the V-moda has 1.3 ohms though... confused.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/623013/new-philips-fidelio-x1/1275#post_9436401

 

How did you measure the monoprice cable?  I have a multimeter so I might try and measure it for kicks.

post #14426 of 26699
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicolom View Post

 

I've read the V-moda has 1.3 ohms though... confused.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/623013/new-philips-fidelio-x1/1275#post_9436401

 

This just made me do a test on the X1 between the Vmoda cable and the Pipleline cable. The Pipeline cable sounds better so it must have less resistance. I wanted to test it with another can but it won't fit in the MDs, though.

post #14427 of 26699

Just realized that the Xbox One controller has a proprietary connector port on the bottom of it instead of the usual 2.5mm mic chat port.

 

IGN also has a story talking about this: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/05/22/xbox-one-incompatible-with-current-gaming-headsets

 

For us Astro Mixamp users, doesn't that basically make the Mixamp obsolete? (at least for voice chat purposes).

 

Playstation 4-wise, Astro could possibly just release a new firmware for the Mixamp to make it compatible via USB (like it is on the Playstation 3).

 

What do you guys think?

post #14428 of 26699
Quote:
Originally Posted by pervysage View Post

Just realized that the Xbox One controller has a proprietary connector port on the bottom of it instead of the usual 2.5mm mic chat port.

IGN also has a story talking about this: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/05/22/xbox-one-incompatible-with-current-gaming-headsets

For us Astro Mixamp users, doesn't that basically make the Mixamp obsolete? (at least for voice chat purposes).

Playstation 4-wise, Astro could possibly just release a new firmware for the Mixamp to make it compatible via USB (like it is on the Playstation 3).

What do you guys think?

I'm sure there will be some kind of solution by either Microsoft or a 3rd party.

-Erik
post #14429 of 26699
Quote:
Originally Posted by pervysage View Post

Just realized that the Xbox One controller has a proprietary connector port on the bottom of it instead of the usual 2.5mm mic chat port.

 

IGN also has a story talking about this: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/05/22/xbox-one-incompatible-with-current-gaming-headsets

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by burritoboy9984 View Post


I'm sure there will be some kind of solution by either Microsoft or a 3rd party.

 

 

"While it's possible that either Microsoft or third-party makers could develop an adapter to offer backwards compatibility, we're told that the new port is part of a larger strategy to gain control over the accessory market. Manufacturers will not only need to develop entirely new products for the new connection standard, but use licensing and authentication protocols from Microsoft, potentially driving up costs for consumers. The licensing program could also limit the variety and competitive nature of the accessory market since all manufacturers would be required to adhere to Microsoft's terms."

 

Doesn't sound good.

post #14430 of 26699
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3X0 View Post

Electrostats are something else, man. It's hard to listen to dynamic drivers when you truly get to learn an electrostat that strikes perfectly in line with your tastes.

 

Never thought I'd hear that coming from you, given your earlier statements in this very thread.

 

Though I do have to admit, I didn't truly appreciate my SR-Lambda 'til I started to audition other headphones...even more modern Stax sets like the SR-202. And I keep going back to that vintage set every single time, because its midrange and vocal reproduction in particular is so sublime. (Low clamping force helps, too; I'd probably love the ESP/950 because of that.)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014: Beyerdynamic T51i Added)