- 704 Posts. Joined 5/2010
- Location: Puerto Rico
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 9/21/14 at 4:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable Teflon over UP-OCC: Ultra Pure Ohno Continous Cast Copper Viablue Y Splitter Switchcraft 4 pin XLR Ordered 5 ft length So a bit of background here. I...
I used this a a record cleaning machine... it served me well through college and frankly, was "good enough". I got pretty amazing results mounting the turntable on a shelf bolted to a frame that...
Specs; Deep bass sound reproduction with 50mm Neodymium driver unit and ring port structure- cans need 50-100 hours burn-in Ring port structure provides high-quality dynamic sound- it is...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION The first I heard about RHA (or Reid Heath Acoustics) was a thread on Head-Fi calling for...
FIIO'S E11K KILIMANJARO 2 INTRODUCTION Fiio is a Chinese maker of audio equipment that has become well known for offering good gear at highly competitive prices. With a lineup of...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014: Beyerdynamic T51i Added) - Page 783post #11731 of 271342/16/13 at 11:48amSo MLE, how'd you end up with the LCD-2? Loaner pair or did you buy them out of sheer curiosity? For the price they'd have to obliterate some of the other headphones in your list for me to think they're worth it, but I know value actually goes in the opposite direction (and out the window) at that level.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11732 of 271342/16/13 at 1:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by xanderwolfe
Hi guys, I'm new to audio and stuff.
I read the first page, and I think I like the AKG K702, not the anniversary edition, I tried it once and it really sounded good. But it's 560 USD here in singapore.
Also, I know nothing about setting it up for my gaming laptop. I know that it needs some kind of amplifier.
I'm having a dilemma 'cause i found an Astro a40 with 2013 mixamp pro selling for about 400 USD,
I asked the seller if I can just buy the mixamp pro but he refused.
So my question is:
Should I buy the astro a40, sell the headset, save a lil bit more then buy the AKG K702 for Mixamp pro.
Buy the AKG K702, and buy something like the recon3d or the turtle beach dss, which is commonly found here in singapore?
Also, if I bought the AKG K702, can anyone tell me the requirements on how to properly set it up? like a checklist of what should I buy.
I'm hoping for the cheapest setup, but doesn't compromise the quality, because when I asked the salesman on the AKG K702, he proposed that I should buy the Predator Amp, which cost @ around 550USD.
Anyway, my laptop is equipped with SoundBlaster Recon3di.
And my current headset is the earphones of iphone.
If you want I can sell you my mixamp 2013 for US $100+shipping. PM me for details. It's barely used and I haven't even registered the product yet.post #11733 of 271342/16/13 at 3:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by chicolom
MLE, your HE400s are currently on their way to Evshrug.
I also modded the parts express headband and added it to the box (*cough* someone owes me $2 paypal) JK, don't worry about it.
I jotted down enough notes and impressions on the HE400 to do a full comparison/review, so I just need to write them up in a review format and I'll probably post them in this thread and also in a new side comparison/review thread.
Aw, it's valentines headphones!
What's the parts express headband for? How much was the total shipping cost?post #11734 of 271342/16/13 at 4:27pmpost #11735 of 271342/16/13 at 9:29pm
been reading a lot on here about headphones and gaming in general and have become completely and utterly confused :/
I game mostly on my PC but do play FPS on xbox 360.
looking for a pair of headphones that can basically "do it all" I listen to mainly EDM/dubstep stuff and was looking at a pair of DT770's (80ohm) and pairing it with an astro mixamp.
was also looking at the ultrasone hfi 780's and the 750 pro's
however I have read that possibly the mixamp wont be enough for them?
so would I need something like those external portable amps AND the Astro mixamp?post #11736 of 271342/16/13 at 9:32pmThread StarterThe Mixamp should power them well enough. None are that hard to drive, though I certainly don't recommend the 770 Pros for FPS games. Waaay too much bass bloat.post #11737 of 271342/16/13 at 9:34pmQuote:
yeah I do realize they arent the best for that, however for FPS it's more of a casual thing and I mainly play league of legends and listen to music or watch movies.
thanks for the help.post #11738 of 271342/16/13 at 9:40pmQuote:
Dt 880 990 or try a 250 ohm closed 770. But the 880 id really n excellent can. My 990 n 770 pro 80 will b in my hands soon :3. Might even try 770 Lepost #11739 of 271342/16/13 at 11:02pmQuote:
The HE400 and Q701 are either hugging.....or fighting...
Ya the parts express headband is the one people get for modding.
The koss drivers just snap right into them without any modifications, plug-n-play.
The headband (technically mini stereo headphones) are only $1.99, but shipping costs more than the headphones themselves. And unfortunately it turns out parts-express doesn't really combing shipping They add some extra shipping $ for 2 or 3 headbands even though they all just get shoved in an envelope.post #11740 of 271342/17/13 at 2:11am
Quick question... will the 2013 MixAmp drive the Beyerdynamic DT990Pro 250ohms fine?
Whats probably the better setup for blu-ray movies as priority #1 and gaming second priority.... MixAmp + A40 or MixAmp + Beyerdynamic DT990Pro 250ohms? Or dare I say maybe even the Sony Pulse?
Thanks all, very helpful thread.post #11741 of 271342/17/13 at 2:38amThread StarterIdeally, you're gonna want an additional amp to power the 990s. However, you can live with the Mixamp alone if not using a mic. Not ideal, but it works.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 2/17/13 at 2:52ampost #11742 of 271342/17/13 at 3:03amQuote:
Sounds good, Thanks! Down the road I guess I can add a amp like the Magni or E9K.
What do you think would be the better setup for movies... MixAmp + A40 or MixAmp + Beyerdynamic DT990Pro 250... ?post #11743 of 271342/17/13 at 3:13amThread Starterpost #11744 of 271342/17/13 at 3:22am
Thank You for straightening that out for me. I figured as much but I thought I would ask anyways. I think Ill be going for the MixAmp + 990s and then somewhere down the road add the Magni or E9K.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014: Beyerdynamic T51i Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 21 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 52 seconds ago
- › Yulong U100 DAC/Amplifier 1 minute ago
- › Destiny 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 3 minutes ago
- › Best Closed Back Over Ear Headphone? 3 minutes ago
- › IEM recommendation 4 minutes ago
- › Uplifting Trance reccomendations 4 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › Zynsonix Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable by BeatsWork
- › Mitsubishi LT-30 by Golden Ears
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)