Hey Envy, have you had a chance to try the Denon D7100s? What's your opinion about these for gaming? I know you fully endorsed the D7000s, but the 7100s are a bit different.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 9/21/14 at 4:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014: Beyerdynamic T51i Added) - Page 741
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11102 of 266711/22/13 at 3:28pmThread StarterNo, and I doubt I ever will. I'm literally done with leather/pleather padded headphones. Unless I were to get them on loan, there's 0% chance of me trying them.
As for those interested in the Annie review, sorry, I sent in the Mixamp 5.8, so I couldn't get final impressions. My receiver gets here on Friday, so wait just a little longer. I CAN start writing the review, as I have the gist of everything I'm gonna say, but I want final confirmation about my opinion before I post it.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 1/22/13 at 3:34pmpost #11103 of 266711/22/13 at 5:53pmpost #11104 of 266711/22/13 at 6:02pmQuote:I figured as much regarding vintage...well, anything. But I don't see Best Buy as the place that would stock headphones other than Bose and Beats, anyway. Certainly no HE-400s, let alone current Stax products (if for no other reason than Yama's/STAX USA being a lousy distributor).
The green things are strips of soft cloth that the prior owner taped to the earpads. It feels very nice, certainly less itchy than some varieties of velour pads. I'm sure MLE would approve of the feel.post #11105 of 266711/22/13 at 6:07pmThread StarterNice.
Impulse, I don't think almost any soundcards do DH over digital. I believe there are some Creative soundcards that do CMSS-3D over digital. I'm definitely not the one to ask.
For a long time, I thought Dolby Headphone was directly tied to the amplification circuit, which is why they didn't do it over digital.post #11106 of 266711/22/13 at 6:58pm
I'd say read the Q701 review and add "more bass" and "warmer" "more comfortable" and you're getting pretty close...
Edited by chicolom - 1/22/13 at 7:09pmpost #11107 of 266711/22/13 at 7:03pmQuote:
From what I've been reading, you can also bump up the comfort a bit. People are really into those new memory foam pads. And many are happy with the removal of the bumps from the band, though I personally have never had an issue with them. I know you personally are not a fan of the bulges.post #11108 of 266711/22/13 at 7:09pm
The mailman brought a surprise today
Just look at the packaging! It screams "high-end," "premium," and "luxury." As soon as I picked up the crumpled manilla bubble envelope I could feel the incredible build quality held within.
Stay tuned for first impressions!...
Edited by chicolom - 1/22/13 at 7:12pmpost #11109 of 266711/22/13 at 7:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by AxelCloris
From what I've been reading, you can also bump up the comfort a bit. People are really into those new memory foam pads. And many are happy with the removal of the bumps from the band, though I personally have never had an issue with them. I know you personally are not a fan of the bulges.
-Fixed.post #11110 of 266711/22/13 at 7:21pmThread Starterpost #11111 of 266711/22/13 at 7:28pmpost #11112 of 266711/22/13 at 7:29pmThread Starterpost #11113 of 266711/22/13 at 7:40pm
It's still to early to say, but I expect it to be among the best options in the $.0 - $2 price bracket, possibly even THE best option in that price range...
Don't let the $2 price fool you though, because they demand that you also invest in a good source on amp for them to really sound their best. Don't expect to get them near their full potential without spending another $400 on a decent DAC and AMP, plus $50-$75 in decent cables.
Edited by chicolom - 1/22/13 at 7:42pmpost #11114 of 266711/22/13 at 7:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by NamelessPFG
I figured as much regarding vintage...well, anything. But I don't see Best Buy as the place that would stock headphones other than Bose and Beats, anyway. Certainly no HE-400s, let alone current Stax products (if for no other reason than Yama's/STAX USA being a lousy distributor).
Magnolia Best Buys actually stock higher end Sennheiser, AKG, AT, etc stuff. Shame there's none near me, regular Best Buys have some low end Senn stuff but it's mostly Bose, Beats, Skullcandy, and the like (tho SC now has some decent stuff); Koss, Aiaiai, Philips, and Pioneer too tho they don't get the prominent shelf displays that the first three do.
Shopping for higher end full size headphones if you don't live in a big city is just a PITA... I bought my Beyers almost blindly because any high end stuff I've tested was basically what friends or family had, so few points of comparison. Not like there's any meets or show I can drive to in this island. At least the M-80 I got to try at a Rat Shack, portable hp are easier to come by.
I hate buying stuff from Amazon just to try it as a a lot of people seem to do, despite their liberal return policy, so if I get something to try it's usually with the intention of gifting it later or selling it (if not keeping it), unless it's just awful.
Edited by Impulse - 1/22/13 at 8:00pmpost #11115 of 266711/22/13 at 7:50pm
How does anyone else feel about the sennheiser hd558s for gaming? I am only in stereo right now till I have money for a mix amp, but the clarity and positioning between them and my turtle beaches is basically night and day, it is amazing.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014: Beyerdynamic T51i Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › How do you find new music? 25 seconds ago
- › The "non-Grado" Driver Grado Thread 2 minutes ago
- › STAX SR-007MK2 with MK1 drivers? 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 5 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mani - available today for throwback vinyl twiddlers 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)