Hey Envy, have you had a chance to try the Denon D7100s? What's your opinion about these for gaming? I know you fully endorsed the D7000s, but the 7100s are a bit different.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K 701 Whitetagged by Qkzz, 12/11/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 9/21/14 at 4:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I compared them to many other BT Headphones. A real comparison will be posted sooner or later in the "Huge Comparison" thread in the Forum. I liked them. They have personality. Warm signature,...
Well, I can't really write much more than what I wrote for the E40. They are the same in everything except that the E50 is bigger and have at least some bass. Actually, to really be honest,...
The only reason to buy these Headphones is if you want to give money to JBL in change of a big JBL logo on your head. Or if you hate Paul McCartney and want to listen to the Beatles without any...
The other reviewer said enough and in detail, so I will limit myself in giving my very brief opinion of their sound. Later on in the Forum, in the "Huge Comparison" thread, I will make a sort of...
I have tested 16 BT Headphones for weeks. I have opened a Thread about this huge comparison, on the Forum. I know that tastes are tastes. So I will never say that my opinion is "better". But...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014: Beyerdynamic T51i Added) - Page 741
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11102 of 279661/22/13 at 3:28pmThread StarterNo, and I doubt I ever will. I'm literally done with leather/pleather padded headphones. Unless I were to get them on loan, there's 0% chance of me trying them.
As for those interested in the Annie review, sorry, I sent in the Mixamp 5.8, so I couldn't get final impressions. My receiver gets here on Friday, so wait just a little longer. I CAN start writing the review, as I have the gist of everything I'm gonna say, but I want final confirmation about my opinion before I post it.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 1/22/13 at 3:34pmpost #11103 of 279661/22/13 at 5:53pmpost #11104 of 279661/22/13 at 6:02pmQuote:I figured as much regarding vintage...well, anything. But I don't see Best Buy as the place that would stock headphones other than Bose and Beats, anyway. Certainly no HE-400s, let alone current Stax products (if for no other reason than Yama's/STAX USA being a lousy distributor).
The green things are strips of soft cloth that the prior owner taped to the earpads. It feels very nice, certainly less itchy than some varieties of velour pads. I'm sure MLE would approve of the feel.post #11105 of 279661/22/13 at 6:07pmThread StarterNice.
Impulse, I don't think almost any soundcards do DH over digital. I believe there are some Creative soundcards that do CMSS-3D over digital. I'm definitely not the one to ask.
For a long time, I thought Dolby Headphone was directly tied to the amplification circuit, which is why they didn't do it over digital.post #11106 of 279661/22/13 at 6:58pm
I'd say read the Q701 review and add "more bass" and "warmer" "more comfortable" and you're getting pretty close...
Edited by chicolom - 1/22/13 at 7:09pmpost #11107 of 279661/22/13 at 7:03pmQuote:
From what I've been reading, you can also bump up the comfort a bit. People are really into those new memory foam pads. And many are happy with the removal of the bumps from the band, though I personally have never had an issue with them. I know you personally are not a fan of the bulges.post #11108 of 279661/22/13 at 7:09pm
The mailman brought a surprise today
Just look at the packaging! It screams "high-end," "premium," and "luxury." As soon as I picked up the crumpled manilla bubble envelope I could feel the incredible build quality held within.
Stay tuned for first impressions!...
Edited by chicolom - 1/22/13 at 7:12pmpost #11109 of 279661/22/13 at 7:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by AxelCloris
From what I've been reading, you can also bump up the comfort a bit. People are really into those new memory foam pads. And many are happy with the removal of the bumps from the band, though I personally have never had an issue with them. I know you personally are not a fan of the bulges.
-Fixed.post #11110 of 279661/22/13 at 7:21pmThread StarterYeah, its gonna be an 8, 9.5. Basically DT880 bass, hd650 mids, q701 treble and soundstage, warmth between the HD650 and Q701. 9.5 In comfort.post #11111 of 279661/22/13 at 7:28pmpost #11112 of 279661/22/13 at 7:29pmThread Starterpost #11113 of 279661/22/13 at 7:40pm
It's still to early to say, but I expect it to be among the best options in the $.0 - $2 price bracket, possibly even THE best option in that price range...
Don't let the $2 price fool you though, because they demand that you also invest in a good source on amp for them to really sound their best. Don't expect to get them near their full potential without spending another $400 on a decent DAC and AMP, plus $50-$75 in decent cables.
Edited by chicolom - 1/22/13 at 7:42pmpost #11114 of 279661/22/13 at 7:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by NamelessPFG
I figured as much regarding vintage...well, anything. But I don't see Best Buy as the place that would stock headphones other than Bose and Beats, anyway. Certainly no HE-400s, let alone current Stax products (if for no other reason than Yama's/STAX USA being a lousy distributor).
Magnolia Best Buys actually stock higher end Sennheiser, AKG, AT, etc stuff. Shame there's none near me, regular Best Buys have some low end Senn stuff but it's mostly Bose, Beats, Skullcandy, and the like (tho SC now has some decent stuff); Koss, Aiaiai, Philips, and Pioneer too tho they don't get the prominent shelf displays that the first three do.
Shopping for higher end full size headphones if you don't live in a big city is just a PITA... I bought my Beyers almost blindly because any high end stuff I've tested was basically what friends or family had, so few points of comparison. Not like there's any meets or show I can drive to in this island. At least the M-80 I got to try at a Rat Shack, portable hp are easier to come by.
I hate buying stuff from Amazon just to try it as a a lot of people seem to do, despite their liberal return policy, so if I get something to try it's usually with the intention of gifting it later or selling it (if not keeping it), unless it's just awful.
Edited by Impulse - 1/22/13 at 8:00pmpost #11115 of 279661/22/13 at 7:50pm
How does anyone else feel about the sennheiser hd558s for gaming? I am only in stereo right now till I have money for a mix amp, but the clarity and positioning between them and my turtle beaches is basically night and day, it is amazing.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014: Beyerdynamic T51i Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › 28th Dec 2014 SMU headfi meet - Singapore 1 minute ago
- › TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems 2 minutes ago
- › McIntosh MHP1000 Headphones Announced in CES 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650/HD800 + WooAudio WA7 OR Schiit Valhalla 2 & Schiit... 3 minutes ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 3 minutes ago
- › wireless exercise headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 6 minutes ago
- › New Shure SE215 - First Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50/DX90 Wallpaper (320x240) Gallery 6 minutes ago
- › hfb - Bounce House - chat aka shtpost central 7 minutes ago
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by Giogio
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)