- 140 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: Hawaii
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K 701 Whitetagged by Qkzz, 12/11/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 9/21/14 at 4:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Before I begin, I want to thank @H20Fidelity for providing me this review sample. Also want to thank Fidue for creating such a great product. I did not purchase the Fidue A71 but I will not let...
These have been part of my set-up for about 2 months. The set-up has consisted mainly of: Phonitor 2 fed by a Mdac or Dacmagic (Main Rig) Portable use saw it used with a NuForce Udac Gaming...
Experience with Customer Service In case you want to see a video review, search youtube for "Jaybird Real time Review" and my video should be first on the list. I'm going to start by saying...
Just bought it over two months ago. It really added another dimension to the sound of music played in my macbook (since I used to listen to my itunes using the headphone jack) I notice details in...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Scott Byrer, Director of Marketing at Master & Dynamic for...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 1/4/2015: Beyerdynamic T70 Added) - Page 590post #8836 of 2871211/3/12 at 6:54pmAll of my Hp's were bought used off the forum, but 2/3 were like new. The AD900 pads are pretty worn, but thankfully, replacements from AT USA were pretty cheap ($16 including s/h). I've heard of other members of the forum getting free replacements awhile ago, but it seems I'm not so lucky. In any case some pads are quite costly like for the HD600/650s which are ~$50.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8837 of 2871211/3/12 at 6:54pmQuote:
If they're like new, I wouldn't do anything. Otherwise I would just wash them. If they're ripped up then I'd consider new ones.
Some headphones have really expensive ear pads though...post #8838 of 2871211/3/12 at 7:25pmThread StarterAll the used ones I have bought were like new, and the pads even smelled new. The K701 is the only can I bought on Head-fi. I just used a rag to wipe off excess dirt. No problems anyways. If they're filthy, either wash them or get replacements.post #8839 of 2871211/3/12 at 7:47pmpost #8840 of 2871211/3/12 at 8:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mshenay
Well I can happily say my pc can emulate the Gamecube at 100% fps, I'm FINALLY playing through Tales of Symphonia again,,, because beating it 7 times in a row is NOT enough.
In edtion I'm going to try and emulate the Ps2 while im at it, so I can play all the other tales games! Wish me luck, and the dt 880s are very nice for Pc gaming ;3
The GameCube's not too difficult to emulate in my experience, on a Q6600 3 GHz/8800 GT system. Wii games, on the other hand, demand more than my system can deliver for a constant 60 FPS.
Same with PCSX2 and 3D games in general. It's a big reason why I bit the bullet and just bought a CECHA (original 60 GB model, full hardware PS2 compatibility) PS3, which should be here in the next week. I'll have to work on it when it arrives (don't want to risk YLOD), but by the time I finish changing the thermal paste and everything, it should run cool and reliably for years to come.Quote:
I thought about doing that with my SR-Lambda, but replacement Stax pads aren't exactly cheap (frequently around $60-100 for a pair of Lambda pads, with genuine leather pads for models like SR-404LE and SR-507 generally breaching the $100 mark), nor are they easy to just swap out at will due to being stuck on the baffle with a pre-cut piece of double-sided tape.
As it stands, it's comfortable enough as-is with the prior owner having attached some cloth strips to the original pad's contact areas with some double-sided tape.post #8841 of 2871211/3/12 at 8:44pmQuote:
JRPGs generally don't exactly demand positioning. There's probably a few action RPGs where that might be pretty in. For music in general, Ar Tonelico's got an awesome soundtrack so you might want to try that.
I remember one of the earlier PS2 Atelier games had sound setting in the options. Don't remember if the setting went up to 4.0 or 5.1 speakers. I think it was Atelier Viorate, but don't hold me to it. Definitely pre-Iris though.
Speaking of JRPGs, I gotta go finish Tales of Symphonia on PS2. Never got around to finishing that.
EDIT: There looks like a nice poem or something in your avatar, Mshenay. I can't read it due to the crap resolution. You got a larger picture of that?
Edited by HalidePisces - 11/3/12 at 8:46pmpost #8842 of 2871211/3/12 at 8:57pmThread Starterpost #8843 of 2871211/3/12 at 9:36pm
MLE, I think astro is wrapping up independent sale of the mixamp and exclusively selling it with the a30/40 headset. 'tis a sad day in audiophile gaming. Now the minimum price is 200 dollars for the mixamp plus the cancerous a30 headset.post #8844 of 2871211/3/12 at 9:59pmQuote:
What makes you say that? i heard they were going to sell them standalone again in December...post #8845 of 2871211/3/12 at 10:23pmThread Starterpost #8846 of 2871211/3/12 at 11:42pmQuote:
Agreed. In a headphone buying guide posted on this site, whoever wrote it said they preferred the A30s to the A40s! Ha!
By the way, I made a video comparing my experience between the old and the new Astro A40s. You guys can check it out if you want :)post #8847 of 2871211/4/12 at 12:09ampost #8848 of 2871211/4/12 at 1:56amMy DT990/600 is getting here on friday....i'm very excited to try them and a bit worried at the same time. Excited to see if this will blow me away and worried that it might not make a significant enough difference to justify the price.
It's kinda funny how this forum skews are our views on prices lol. A year ago I would have never foreseen myself dropping $100 on headphones much less $200.
Guess I'll find out soon enough if it was worth it.post #8849 of 2871211/4/12 at 1:22amThread StarterQuote:
Holy cow dude, you have a radio DJ's voice! Your voice is basically perfect for these sorts of reviews.
Very nice comparison.
Sounded professional, yet like a buddy telling their friend about the Mixamp. Awesome.
I wonder how much hiss the new one has compared to the 5.8. The 5.8's hiss is basically a non-issue even during quiet scenes.
Probably like AX720 hiss?
My HD650 will be coming hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday. I sincerely hope I become a fan and join this appreciation thread.
I'm literally gonna compare tonal balance to the KSC35, which is similar to the KSC75, but warmer. If the HD650 sounds like a super KSC35, I will be QUITE happy. I know these graphs aren't ever truly accurate, but it's interesting to see anyways. The KSC35 being slightly warmer than the KSC75, would put them to have a similar signature to the HD650, lower bass aside. We'll see.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 11/4/12 at 5:13ampost #8850 of 2871211/4/12 at 5:25amSo the hiss on the 2013 mix amp only starts at 60% volume. What is a normal listening volume for you guys? Does the 5.8 hiss start to become noticeable at around the same 60% mark?
Edited by ronswanson - 11/4/12 at 5:29am
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 1/4/2015: Beyerdynamic T70 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › SONY NW-ZX2... MicroSD Slot & 33 hours Hi-Res Playback 2 seconds ago
- › AKG new N90Q 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Review and comparison of DUNU DN-1000, DN-2000, & JVC HA-FX850 2 minutes ago
- › Reversible AKG K701 bass mod 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN RE-300a and RE-300h Review by mark2410 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 4 minutes ago
- › The headphones for movies thread 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by DJScope
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by CJ09
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by ActiveTechREV
- › Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 Plus DAC by lalojimenez
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by thatBeatsguy
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by Tail
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3