Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 1/4/2015: Beyerdynamic T70 Added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 1/4/2015: Beyerdynamic T70 Added) - Page 1623

post #24331 of 28630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evshrug View Post


It's built kinda like the original Beats headphones, but IIRC it actually does Dolby Headphone for PS3/4 audio. And, it has a cable if you want to use it with a mobile device without Bluetooth. It's not going to be a world-beating headphone, but if you want surround, wireless, inexpensive......

 

Eh, no~

 

The Gold uses Sony's own proprietary HRTF, sounds nothing like DH, not even close. If I have to compare, it's more remotely close to Razer surround with a slightly wider soundstage and just as poor rear cues.

post #24332 of 28630
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbenkr View Post
 

 

Eh, no~

 

The Gold uses Sony's own proprietary HRTF, sounds nothing like DH, not even close. If I have to compare, it's more remotely close to Razer surround with a slightly wider soundstage and just as poor rear cues.

Knowing that Razer Surround is godawful I think I'm going to pass on these.

post #24333 of 28630

Is there a headphone out there with a large soundstage, good imaging while still having a lot of bass impact and clarity? 

 

I bought the X1, and they had all of this, but the fit is really awkward on my head, and that's why the imaging gets weird for me so I had to return them.

post #24334 of 28630
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakanao View Post
 

Is there a headphone out there with a large soundstage, good imaging while still having a lot of bass impact and clarity? 

 

I bought the X1, and they had all of this, but the fit is really awkward on my head, and that's why the imaging gets weird for me so I had to return them.


Sennheiser HD650!

post #24335 of 28630
Hello I'm looking for advice. I only play on ps4 and only play fps games so looking for best setup for competitive gaming. Would the akg q701 work fine with just the 2013 mixamp pro I'll be using a blue snowball mic so it plugs straight into the ps4 so only the headphones will be going into the mixamp ?
Also what's better for my needs sennheiser 598s of q701 ?
post #24336 of 28630
Quote:
Originally Posted by G3org3 View Post

Hello I'm looking for advice. I only play on ps4 and only play fps games so looking for best setup for competitive gaming. Would the akg q701 work fine with just the 2013 mixamp pro I'll be using a blue snowball mic so it plugs straight into the ps4 so only the headphones will be going into the mixamp ?
Also what's better for my needs sennheiser 598s of q701 ?

Blue snowball does go directly into the PS4 usb. As for the Q701 vs 598... I'd choose the easiest to drive good sounding headphone. Like the MA900 or X1. Q701 is not ideal with just the Mixamp. Can't speak for the Senns though.
post #24337 of 28630
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post

Blue snowball does go directly into the PS4 usb. As for the Q701 vs 598... I'd choose the easiest to drive good sounding headphone. Like the MA900 or X1. Q701 is not ideal with just the Mixamp. Can't speak for the Senns though.

I thought the mixamp powered the q701 fine if no mic was added to mixamp ?
post #24338 of 28630
Quote:
Originally Posted by G3org3 View Post

I thought the mixamp powered the q701 fine if no mic was added to mixamp ?

Just okay smily_headphones1.gif
post #24339 of 28630
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post

Just okay smily_headphones1.gif

What amp should I get if I go for the q701 ?
post #24340 of 28630

This is an amazing post! Instead of creating my own thread I will just ask here.

 

I got a new ps4, I'm looking for the best 7.1 headset BUT it has to be WIFI I hate cables. What would you guys recommend?

post #24341 of 28630
Quote:
Originally Posted by G3org3 View Post

What amp should I get if I go for the q701 ?

Magni is the cheapest one. Possibly Fiio E12 or E9. Audio GD basic units are good too. Matrix Mstage is great as well. Some people like the Vali and the EF2A too...
post #24342 of 28630
Quote:
Originally Posted by G3org3 View Post

I thought the mixamp powered the q701 fine if no mic was added to mixamp ?

With just the Mixamp, the Q701 will have plenty of volume and honestly sound fine, I often do just this when I want to just pickup a quick game of CoD. If you are listening to music and all your attention is focused on the sweetness and separation of instruments, then the Q701 will scale up when you add a dedicated amp. It's technically on the same level as the best headphones in the $250-$300 range, though without an extra amp like a Schiit Vali it will only sound a little better than average $150 headphones... it will be good, it's just that adding an amp will reveal it's true capabilities.
post #24343 of 28630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evshrug View Post

With just the Mixamp, the Q701 will have plenty of volume and honestly sound fine, I often do just this when I want to just pickup a quick game of CoD. If you are listening to music and all your attention is focused on the sweetness and separation of instruments, then the Q701 will scale up when you add a dedicated amp. It's technically on the same level as the best headphones in the $250-$300 range, though without an extra amp like a Schiit Vali it will only sound a little better than average $150 headphones... it will be good, it's just that adding an amp will reveal it's true capabilities.

I would respectfully disagree, there, Ev... but that's just me tongue.gif
post #24344 of 28630

Anyone tried the akg k545 for gaming?

post #24345 of 28630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post

I would respectfully disagree, there, Ev... but that's just me tongue.gif
Well unless the Wireless Mixamp has more power than the wired version... mine can take the volume on my Q701 louder than I can stand listening.

I do prefer to use a good amp with it, but I usually advise people to try the Q701 with and without an extra amp, so they can appreciate the gain (lol) and maybe spread out their costs.


Quote:
Originally Posted by martin vegas View Post

Anyone tried the akg k545 for gaming?
I think Change did, he liked it but had to pass it on when he needed the money.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 1/4/2015: Beyerdynamic T70 Added)