Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 1/4/2015: Beyerdynamic T70 Added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 1/4/2015: Beyerdynamic T70 Added) - Page 1405

post #21061 of 28638
Thread Starter 
No. the only closed headphones that isolate well that I've experienced are:

HD201
Pro 900
DT770 Pro 80
M50
SHP2500
DT770 600 ohm
HP800
Mad Dog
Alpha Dog
DNA Pro

Out of all of these, the ones I'd use for gaming and music are the last 3. Only the Alpha Dog truly impresses on all fronts. The Mad Dog and DNA pro are amazing for music, good for gaming, but not blow your socks off amazing in pure competitive gameplay.

I'm not really a fan of closed headphone gaming.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 2/19/14 at 10:11am
post #21062 of 28638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

No. the only closed headphones that isolate well that I've experienced are:

Pro 900
DT770 Pro 80
HP800
Mad Dog
Alpha Dog
DNA Pro

Out of all of these, the ones I'd use for gaming and music are the last 3. Only the Alpha Dog truly impresses on all fronts. the Mad Dog and DNA pro are amazing for music, good for gaming, but not blow your socks off amazing in pure competitiv gameplay.

Thank you for making this a lot clearer. I have been searching your thread and various other sites for a straight forward answer. Hopefully, your post here will help others; if not save them time. Much appreciated!

post #21063 of 28638
Thread Starter 
I've added a few more to the last post.

My favorite closed headphones in general (all forms of media):

Creative Aurvana Live
D7000
Alpha Dog
Mad Dog
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 2/19/14 at 10:16am
post #21064 of 28638

what closed(good isolation) headphones would you prefer for competitive gaming?

post #21065 of 28638

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

No. the only closed headphones that isolate well that I've experienced are:

HD201
Pro 900
DT770 Pro 80
M50
SHP2500
DT770 600 ohm
HP800
Mad Dog
Alpha Dog
DNA Pro

Out of all of these, the ones I'd use for gaming and music are the last 3. Only the Alpha Dog truly impresses on all fronts. The Mad Dog and DNA pro are amazing for music, good for gaming, but not blow your socks off amazing in pure competitive gameplay.

I'm not really a fan of closed headphone gaming.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippoXD View Post
 

what closed(good isolation) headphones would you prefer for competitive gaming?

 

He literally just answered that question.

post #21066 of 28638

He literally did not, he said that on that list as the headphones that are closed and isolate well. The last 3 are for gaming/music.

 

Now in that list i suppose there are 3 categories

-good for music only

-good for competitive gaming

-good for music/gaming (balanced)

 

Or did i miss something?

post #21067 of 28638
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippoXD View Post

He literally did not, he said that on that list as the headphones that are closed and isolate well. The last 3 are for gaming/music.

Now in that list i suppose there are 3 categories
-good for music only
-good for competitive gaming
-good for music/gaming (balanced)

Or did i miss something?

I believe the "go to" closed headset for competitive sound whoring would be alpha dogs, then mad dogs then, from what I have both read and got answered, a mix from dt770, hp100s and Aurvana. Please correct me if I'm incorrect. Myself, leaning towards dt770s but leaning more toward the hp100s.

To me, both dogs are physically ugly but sound phenomenal. The downside is they cost 2x more than my car payment/month.
Edited by AverageGamer - 2/19/14 at 12:39pm
post #21068 of 28638
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippoXD View Post
 

He literally did not, he said that on that list as the headphones that are closed and isolate well. The last 3 are for gaming/music.

 

Now in that list i suppose there are 3 categories

-good for music only

-good for competitive gaming

-good for music/gaming (balanced)

 

Or did i miss something?

You missed something. Re-read his comments and check out the ones he mentioned in the guide. The impressions make it pretty clear which ones are favored for what.

post #21069 of 28638

Yes, i get it now, thanks.

 

So im thinking based on the reviews,

-DNA pro

-Pro 900

-Mad Dog (not sure they ship to portugal, and if they do its probably way more expensive than for US[shipping+tax], no?)

 

Also the Alpha dogs and the D7000, but the alpha are too expensive for me, same for D7000.

 

I also came across the new Creative Aurvana Live 2 Platinum which have ANC, any opinions on these for competitive gaming?

post #21070 of 28638
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippoXD View Post

 

I also came across the new Creative Aurvana Live 2 Platinum which have ANC, any opinions on these for competitive gaming?

 

 

FWIR the CAL2! is ineferior to the original CAL! (which is also cheaper).

post #21071 of 28638
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicolom View Post
 

 

 

FWIR the CAL2! is ineferior to the original CAL! (which is also cheaper).

oh, ok! i guess my only options are those 3 others then :)

 

EDIT: Did you read stuff about the Platinum edition or the others or both? The platinum have 50mm, while the others have 40mm


Edited by PippoXD - 2/19/14 at 2:50pm
post #21072 of 28638
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippoXD View Post
 

EDIT: Did you read stuff about the Platinum edition or the others or both? The platinum have 50mm, while the others have 40mm

 

I don't know anything about the "platinum", but for $300 it had better be pretty damn good.  Given that it has a similar housing design as the CAL2, I'm going to assume that the "platinum" is not worth the price until proven otherwise.

post #21073 of 28638

 Thoughts on the alienware steam machine?


Edited by martin vegas - 2/19/14 at 4:04pm
post #21074 of 28638

I just received the dt990 pro 250 ohms and FiiO e17+e09k combo that I ordered.  I seem to be having some issues though.  I have the e09k plugged into my computer via usb, e17 docked, headphones plugged in, and can power on the device.  I can hear audio but only for a short amount of time (anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes) and then the audio just stops all together.  If I turn the e09k off and then back on I again have audio for a short amount of time only for it to stop again.  What am I doing wrong/missing? 

post #21075 of 28638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adynos View Post
 

I just received the dt990 pro 250 ohms and FiiO e17+e09k combo that I ordered.  I seem to be having some issues though.  I have the e09k plugged into my computer via usb, e17 docked, headphones plugged in, and can power on the device.  I can hear audio but only for a short amount of time (anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes) and then the audio just stops all together.  If I turn the e09k off and then back on I again have audio for a short amount of time only for it to stop again.  What am I doing wrong/missing? 

 

Try undocking the E17 and plug that directly into the computer.  PC USB > E17 > Headphones.  See if it cuts out then.  If it keeps playing fine, then you've got a defective E09k.  I bought a E09k that was DOA just after xmas.  Swapped it at the store for another one, and the new one... the blue LED is dying, like sometimes it stays on, sometimes it'll flicker, then go out completely.  Audio still works though.  This thing is only 2 months old.  Gotta find time to bring it back to the store again.  Ugh.  I wish the store would hurry up and restock the Asgard 2 so I could buy that.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 1/4/2015: Beyerdynamic T70 Added)