or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added) - Page 1625

post #24361 of 31923
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelCloris View Post

Glad you caught it early. I mean, it's silly to post your phone number on a public forum just to get MLE senpai's attention.

Don't make my face redder than it is already!

So, um...
Been playing a bit of the most recent HD remake of Resident Evil 4. Sound cues are actually pretty good! Though I've been lazy about amping lately biggrin.gif I also purchased a used DT880, call me crazy but I had to know. Still haven't sold my Q's. I'm really looking forward to playing Destiny again, any recommendations for a USB mic to use with a PS4?
post #24362 of 31923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evshrug View Post


Don't make my face redder than it is already!

So, um...
Been playing a bit of the most recent HD remake of Resident Evil 4. Sound cues are actually pretty good! Though I've been lazy about amping lately biggrin.gif I also purchased a used DT880, call me crazy but I had to know. Still haven't sold my Q's. I'm really looking forward to playing Destiny again, any recommendations for a USB mic to use with a PS4?

Try Samson Go Mic. Nice sleek and efficient.

post #24363 of 31923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evshrug View Post

Don't make my face redder than it is already!

So, um...
Been playing a bit of the most recent HD remake of Resident Evil 4. Sound cues are actually pretty good! Though I've been lazy about amping lately biggrin.gif I also purchased a used DT880, call me crazy but I had to know. Still haven't sold my Q's. I'm really looking forward to playing Destiny again, any recommendations for a USB mic to use with a PS4?

Blue Microphone Snowball is pretty amazing for the price.
post #24364 of 31923
Thread Starter 
Nah, Change, can't be arsed to talk to them about this, as I told them to fix the build quality in future iterations. My friends just went back to Denmark after being with me for 3 weeks, and I gave him the DNA On Ear, since its not like I was using them, and they were given to me anyways. I prefer the Over Ear, which is great, and fits my head well, after breaking and being fixed with electrical tape, lol.

And I agree, I've been incredibly lazy with amping and sources. Been happy just plugging into my laptop, phone, mixamp. I may hold on to the E17 for a possible 400i future, but I have no desire to have an extravagant setup anymore. The simpler, the better. Just been using the HFI-15G almost exclusively. My KSC75's been shorting out on one side, and not sure I wanna spend 8 dollars to ship to Koss for fixing. Will probably get yet another Sportapro for the retrofitted KSC35 drivers and use with the KSC75 clips.

I am getting tired of my clip ons getting lost, damaged, etc. I love them, but seem to have really bad luck with them. So I have just been taking the Ultrasone to work.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 7/6/14 at 12:45am
post #24365 of 31923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

Nah, Change, can't be arsed to talk to them about this, as I told them to fix the build quality in future iterations. My friends just went back to Denmark after being with me for 3 weeks, and I gave him the DNA On Ear, since its not like I was using them, and they were given to me anyways. I prefer the Over Ear, which is great, and fits my head well, after breaking and being fixed with electrical tape, lol.

And I agree, I've been incredibly lazy with amping and sources. Been happy just plugging into my laptop, phone, mixamp. I may hold on to the E17 for a possible 400i future, but I have no desire to have an extravagant setup anymore. The simpler, the better. Just been using the HFI-15G almost exclusively. My KSC75's been shorting out on one side, and not sure I wanna spend 8 dollars to ship to Koss for fixing. Will probably get yet another Sportapro for the retrofitted KSC35 drivers and use with the KSC75 clips.

I am getting tired of my clip ons getting lost, damaged, etc. I love them, but seem to have really bad luck with them. So I have just been taking the Ultrasone to work.

 

I really hope you do end up getting 400i in the future. I minimized my setups as well, except for my desktop. My E12 was rather unnecessary once the K612 was sold... so I passed it on. And damn, dude, you've had some bad luck with headphones as of late. Glad the Ultrasones seem sturdy and efficient... and are doing their job for ya :)

 

On another note...

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm selling my Watch Dogs for PS4 if anyone is interested. Amazon rejected my trade in for "Incorrect UPC" because it was a Wal-Mart exclusive copy. They really screwed me because I was actually getting a decent trade in value ($40) before rejection. The "mom n pops" store, here, is offering me $30 trade in... so make me an offer guys.

Edited by Change is Good - 7/6/14 at 2:10am
post #24366 of 31923
Thread Starter 
Ironically, the 'sones are rather inefficient volume-wise by design, though it's not due to power requirements. Still, they do behave like a hard to drive headphones in terms of needing more for volume.

As comfy as they are (they are super comfy), they do hurt my right ear (I'm super sensitive there) after a bit, which is a shame. Guess I have to rely on my Koss clip ons for pure unadulterated comfort, but of course I'd love some audiophile SQ... and I don't feel like paying $23 for yet another Sportapro.

And yeah, the 'sones are indestructible. I don't see these ever messing up, other than maybe a speaker blown, or the pads going bad.

Was thinking about getting some Philips clip ons to see how they stack up... but I expect veiled sound.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 7/6/14 at 3:29am
post #24367 of 31923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evshrug View Post


Don't make my face redder than it is already!

So, um...
Been playing a bit of the most recent HD remake of Resident Evil 4. Sound cues are actually pretty good! Though I've been lazy about amping lately biggrin.gif I also purchased a used DT880, call me crazy but I had to know. Still haven't sold my Q's. I'm really looking forward to playing Destiny again, any recommendations for a USB mic to use with a PS4?


I have resi 4 on the wii, had good graphics for the wii..it's the last good resi game, no games out on ps4 need to play something..glad I never played the last of us or I wouldn't have anything to play next month aswell..p.s nice choice of headphones!

post #24368 of 31923
Which one will give more wow! factor for PS4 FPS games?

Akg Q701 + turtle TAC

Or

Turtle Elite 800 DTS 7.1 , can this headset be a killer over wired headfones?
post #24369 of 31923
Quote:
Originally Posted by pack21 View Post

Which one will give more wow! factor for PS4 FPS games?

Akg Q701 + turtle TAC

Or

Turtle Elite 800 DTS 7.1 , can this headset be a killer over wired headfones?

 

you already have ma900

post #24370 of 31923
Yeap, but I'm looking a setup for a friend and maybe I'm interested selling him my mixamp pro and buy the TAC for me.

The q701 for compare with my ma900.
Edited by pack21 - 7/6/14 at 10:15am
post #24371 of 31923
Quote:
Originally Posted by pack21 View Post

Which one will give more wow! factor for PS4 FPS games?

Akg Q701 + turtle TAC

Or

Turtle Elite 800 DTS 7.1 , can this headset be a killer over wired headfones?

How are we supposed to know?

 

They are not released yet...

post #24372 of 31923
I know, but TAC seems a sure upgrade over Mixamp. Promise no hiss, and have more surround presets. Let's see what is coming.
post #24373 of 31923

Oh, I am surely getting TAC. But Q701>>>> any wireless/wired Turtle Beach headset. 90% of commercially acclaimed headsets are crap.

post #24374 of 31923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_X View Post
 

Hi Gents,

 

After playing around with the adapter design, I've come around to the final design. The entire body of the adapter will be made of metal with glue shrink holding it together. I've wired all the internal with solid core copper. This also insures the highest quality signal will be sent, though I have considered wiring the internals with solid core Silver. The new design is more snug with the AKG as well. The 1/8" jack I used has a smaller entry, so the Boom Pro wont turn nearly as much as the prototype I made.

 

I'm opening up a testing program for these very shortly. Participants will be put on a list and there will be one unit passed around among the members. Final details will be disclosed later. 

 

Stillhart, I have your adapter in hand, let me know when you want it. Same goes for you MLE.

 

On the left is the prototype, on the right is the final design.

 

Hi Zombie,

 

Following your progress on these adapters with great interest (just bought the 701s for gaming). Looking forward to the next update!

 

DC

post #24375 of 31923

So the AKG Q701's aren't compatible with the V-moda boom mic?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added)