or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added) - Page 1621

post #24301 of 31958

Can some one recommended some maybe closed back or open what type i'ts better counter strike global offensive competitive and i maybe go some lans where probably best is closed back :)?

 

i think AKG K612- Pro and AKG K-271 MKII


Edited by Japi95 - 6/30/14 at 7:47pm
post #24302 of 31958

Thanks for the advice @Stillhart - ive had a look around and the Fidelio X1 is pretty price here in Australia - any other cans you like?

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillhart View Post
 

 

For $300, I'd get a Fidelio X1 and an amp (E12, Magni, O2, etc).  You might have to go used on one or both items, but it's a sweet setup for the price.  I have a Recon3D and it's not the best sounding.  Even the Omni was a noticeable upgrade.  That said, an amp should help the sound a lot (the X1 doesn't need to be amped, but the amping does help tighten up the bass).

 

 

post #24303 of 31958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillhart View Post
 

 

Okay just keep in mind that these are supposed to be the same $300 price as the A50.  When you get a lot more doo-dads for the same price, something has to give.  Likely it's going to be sound quality.  Since the A50 doesn't have the best SQ to begin with, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

 

Now the standalone TAC is what really interests me (and folks on this thread) because it's looking to be a Mixamp-killer on paper.  Guess we'll find out in 6 months...

 

Eh, I wouldn't get your hopes up.  TB doesn't make the best headphones.  If you're in the market today, get a sweet set of cans and hope for the TAC to be a good upgrade.


Honestly, I was thinking the same thing, but they make them sound so awesome. Lol What exactly makes you believe the TAC may be a Mixamp killer? I didn't find much info on the TAC (I was looking more for the Elite 800s) and the info I did, I didn't see anything that really jumped out at me. Maybe I just didn't understand what I read. Please enlighten me.

post #24304 of 31958
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolandOfEld View Post

Thanks for the advice 
@Stillhart - ive had a look around and the Fidelio X1 is pretty price here in Australia - any other cans you like?

 

I haven't heard them but the AKG K612 and the Soundmagic HP200 are both highly spoken of here; I personally own a Q701 and HP100 (the only two headphones I've kept to date) and I can believe all the good things people say about the K612 and the HP200.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Freeze 74 View Post
 


Honestly, I was thinking the same thing, but they make them sound so awesome. Lol What exactly makes you believe the TAC may be a Mixamp killer? I didn't find much info on the TAC (I was looking more for the Elite 800s) and the info I did, I didn't see anything that really jumped out at me. Maybe I just didn't understand what I read. Please enlighten me.

 

You must have missed this post:

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillhart View Post
 

 

 

Well the main things I think people are looking forward to:

  • DTS Headphone X
    • 9.1 (with elevation not just flat surround) vs 5.1
    • Many people don't like the Dolby Headphone processing, even if it were 5.1 vs 5.1
  • Mixamp is hissy and has a weak amp.  Hopefully this isn't and doesn't.
  • Mixamp DAC is 16/48.  Hopefully this isn't.

 

The other stuff is pretty comparable to the Mixamp so (at least IMO) not particularly interesting.

 

 

If everything about the TAC, including price, is exactly on par with the Mixamp except DTS Headphone X vs Dolby Headphone, the TAC will be a Mixamp killer.  

post #24305 of 31958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillhart View Post
 

 

I haven't heard them but the AKG K612 and the Soundmagic HP200 are both highly spoken of here; I personally own a Q701 and HP100 (the only two headphones I've kept to date) and I can believe all the good things people say about the K612 and the HP200.

 

 

 

If everything about the TAC, including price, is exactly on par with the Mixamp except DTS Headphone X vs Dolby Headphone, the TAC will be a Mixamp killer.  

 

Touche'.

post #24306 of 31958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillhart View Post
 

 

Eh, I wouldn't get your hopes up.  TB doesn't make the best headphones.  If you're in the market today, get a sweet set of cans and hope for the TAC to be a good upgrade.

 

I've owned the X41's for a few years by TB and thought they sounded great until I bought and since returned the X1's, ATH-A700x's, A40's and 50's. I'm currently rolling with the E12 Monte Blanc, MixAmp Pro and the DT770 Pros and absolutely love the setup, but to be honest, I'm tired of all the wires strewn out all over my floor and want to go wireless. I would have kept the A50's had both sets not friggen malfunctioned on me. Right now, the 800's are exactly what I'm looking for.  I'm intrigued by the DTS Headphone X format and the noise cancellation feature is a big plus.  I'm not expecting the 800s to rival any of the earlier mentioned cans and I certainly don't have the knowledge or the experience to critique sound like most here but hell, if they sound good to me I'll likely keep them, if not, then back they go.   

post #24307 of 31958
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightySam06 View Post
 

 

I've owned the X41's for a few years by TB and thought they sounded great until I bought and since returned the X1's, ATH-A700x's, A40's and 50's. I'm currently rolling with the E12 Monte Blanc, MixAmp Pro and the DT770 Pros and absolutely love the setup, but to be honest, I'm tired of all the wires strewn out all over my floor and want to go wireless. I would have kept the A50's had both sets not friggen malfunctioned on me. Right now, the 800's are exactly what I'm looking for.  I'm intrigued by the DTS Headphone X format and the noise cancellation feature is a big plus.  I'm not expecting the 800s to rival any of the earlier mentioned cans and I certainly don't have the knowledge or the experience to critique sound like most here but hell, if they sound good to me I'll likely keep them, if not, then back they go.   

I upgraded to a Mixamp 5.8 recently and that helped the cord situation a lot.  But I have to agree:  I'd love to have some kind of all-in-one wireless solution that sounds better than just acceptable.  I doubt it'll come from TB, but you never know. 

 

Hope for the best, expect the worst...

post #24308 of 31958

Im still wondering what to get to get the most out of my AKG Q701 (Pc gaming).

i looked at FiiO E09k but the review states that its not that good, my budget is around <$150 and in my country (Indonesia) the price of some brands are crazy expensive (around 200-300%) higher than what i see outside of my country.

 

Is FiiO E09K okay for my Q701 ? or there is a better option ? 

post #24309 of 31958
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicobombai View Post
 

Im still wondering what to get to get the most out of my AKG Q701 (Pc gaming).

i looked at FiiO E09k but the review states that its not that good, my budget is around <$150 and in my country (Indonesia) the price of some brands are crazy expensive (around 200-300%) higher than what i see outside of my country.

 

Is FiiO E09K okay for my Q701 ? or there is a better option ? 

Fiio E9K should be fine

post #24310 of 31958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yethal View Post
 

Fiio E9K should be fine

I agree.  Sure there are better out there, but if your options and budget are limited, it will definitely be an improvement.

 

Disclaimer - I haven't actually heard the pairing.  But Q701 needs amping so any amp will help.

post #24311 of 31958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillhart View Post
 

I agree.  Sure there are better out there, but if your options and budget are limited, it will definitely be an improvement.

 

Disclaimer - I haven't actually heard the pairing.  But Q701 needs amping so any amp will help.

I know that it has little bit too high output impendance for low sensitivity headphones, but Q701 should be unaffected.

post #24312 of 31958
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicobombai View Post
 

Im still wondering what to get to get the most out of my AKG Q701 (Pc gaming).

i looked at FiiO E09k but the review states that its not that good, my budget is around <$150 and in my country (Indonesia) the price of some brands are crazy expensive (around 200-300%) higher than what i see outside of my country.

 

Is FiiO E09K okay for my Q701 ? or there is a better option ? 


It will be fine, I have an E09k driving my K702 Annies which have the same power requirements as the Q701.  The only thing I'd caution is to buy it from a place with good service/return/exchange policy.  I'm on my 3rd E09k, 1st was dead power brick right out of the box, 2nd had its LED die after 3-4 months (everything else still worked, just no LED), 3rd one is fine so far.  Fortunately I bought it from a local shop that has excellent service so I was able to just got back to the shop and exchange it for a new unit... twice.  Now if I had bought it online then I'd be out some $$$ shipping it back to the shop twice.  YMMV.

post #24313 of 31958

FYI, Playstation Wireless Gold headset is on sale on Amazon for $70 right now.  Anyone looking for a cheap all-in-one wireless solution for the PS4 (and doesn't care about surround), this is a really good deal.  I can't speak to the SQ, but I haven't heard anyone complain yet.

post #24314 of 31958
Hi would the base station from a turtle beach px5 do the job with fidelio x1 and a boom pro mic?
Would I be able to chat on the ps4 and would the sound quality of the dolby headphone from the px5 base station be as good as the astro mixamp?
post #24315 of 31958

Hey guys, just a few quick Q's.

 

How well does the A700x compare to the AD700x in terms of competitive fps gameplay (in terms of soundstage etc..)
 

I can pick the A700x's up for $179.00AUD at the moment, would I be better off with a different pair of closed headphones for around that price? I need a closed pair as I often play near people or in noisy situations.

 

Thanks in advance!

 

 

Edit: forgot to add I'm currerntly running through a X-Fi Fatal1ty Professional series.


Edited by Lundmore - 7/2/14 at 2:50pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added)