Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added) - Page 1505

post #22561 of 31312
Thread Starter 
Oh, same drivers for CAL2, interesting.

Still, I have heard unanimously that the CAL2 sounds worse, and has even more bass than the first. Considering the CAL was already bassy, not sure it's the way I would've went.
post #22562 of 31312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napalmhardcore View Post
 

Hi guys. I was wondering if someone knows off the top of your head if you can buy after market ear pads for K240 mkii's, I've tried searching but couldn't find anything relevant. I thought I'd ask here seeing how I already post in this thread and didn't want to start a thread over such a small thing, especially if someone here knows.

IIRC, try looking for K271 pads.

post #22563 of 31312
Quote:
Originally Posted by calpis View Post
 

IIRC, try looking for K271 pads.

Will do, thank  you.

post #22564 of 31312
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCZoK View Post
 

hmmm same driver? Then whats the point of spending twice as much as for cal1 ?

Well I guess that would depend on where you live. In Canada the damn things are only $20 apart so for the better build and pads, plus I already have a CAL1 I figured what the hell.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

Oh, same drivers for CAL2, interesting.

Still, I have heard unanimously that the CAL2 sounds worse, and has even more bass than the first. Considering the CAL was already bassy, not sure it's the way I would've went.

Yah I can't see you enjoying them if they are even bassier.

 

I know Tyll has been brought up a lot as not liking them and I haven't been at this for a super long time but long enough I know I need to find out for myself. I could get them and they could very well suck, lol. But what the hell, that is what return policies are for.

Plus I have to see if the alpha pads fit just for fun! 

I wouldn't mind a tiny bit more bass but if I wanted super bass I would just order the JVC SZ2000. That headphone is apparently at the point of eardrum deafening. No thanks.

post #22565 of 31312
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin vegas View Post
 

Evshrug will you tell me the make and model of the asus monitor you are looking at..i might get a asus one..thanks!

see below

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post
 

 

I have the overdrive set to off all the time and on the contrary, the Prad review says that the response time is fast even without it.

But suit yourself :]

 

About the Asus, their panels are somewhat unreliable [and I have to attest to that from personal experience] but if you get a good one, it's by no means slouchy,

Id look into the Dell U2412M and Asus PA238Q as worthy alternatives

I was looking at the Asus PA248Q, slightly less wide color gamut than the 23" you linked but it's an inch bigger and about $100 cheaper ($110 with rebate). However... what I came around to deciding is that 4k displays are going to get more affordable soon, models with NVIDIA G-Sync will come out, and IPS will continue maturing. I do want a monitor NOW, but I decided to go with the more modest Asus VS239H-P that only costs $160, and I can turn sideways to use as a second monitor once either a must-have new tech display comes out that my GTX660 can make good use with, or once I have clients/need for a professional 27" 4k monitor (which I'll probably want a new graphics card to drive). The VS239H-P ought to be very good with my PS4 and PC.

post #22566 of 31312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evshrug View Post
 

see below

 

 

I was looking at the Asus PA248Q, slightly less wide color gamut than the 23" you linked but it's an inch bigger and about $100 cheaper ($110 with rebate). However... what I came around to deciding is that 4k displays are going to get more affordable soon, models with NVIDIA G-Sync will come out, and IPS will continue maturing. I do want a monitor NOW, but I decided to go with the more modest Asus VS239H-P that only costs $160, and I can turn sideways to use as a second monitor once either a must-have new tech display comes out that my GTX660 can make good use with, or once I have clients/need for a professional 27" 4k monitor (which I'll probably want a new graphics card to drive). The VS239H-P ought to be very good with my PS4 and PC.

As long as your choice makes you happy :beerchug:

post #22567 of 31312
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post

As long as your choice makes you happy :beerchug:

 

Nothing makes him happy.

post #22568 of 31312
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelCloris View Post
 

 

Nothing makes him happy.

 

post #22569 of 31312
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelCloris View Post
 

 

Nothing makes him happy.

Contentment is the enemy of progress. That's how I justify never being happy anyway :)

post #22570 of 31312

G-sync and 4k (for gaming) are still a ways off from even being remotely mature so I say you made a good choice. And the Asus can always be used as a desk display for PS3/4 and/or secondary monitor.  

post #22571 of 31312

srsly... nothing makes me totally happy too... for 2 past years I had fatality mkII(best memory cushions), tactic3d sigma(best headband cushion), some creative something and now CAL!(which is best of those and I own it for year) but its headband is terribly uncomfortable and it seems CAL2! have the same headband

post #22572 of 31312
Thread Starter 
You know what makes me happy?



Image taken from google, lol.

Vornado 660.

Bought this on impulse, and because I was soooo sick of my huge box fan that barely pushes air and sounds obnoxiously loud.

This fan quite literally pushes so much air, its second lowest setting can be felt in the entire room, and is really quiet for a fan. The two highest settings sound like a normal fan, but the entire room is circulating air like the AC is on at all times. I'm blown away by how good it is.

I can't believe it's taken me this long to actively do my homework on good fans. I don't think I'll ever sweat again in my room.
post #22573 of 31312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

You know what makes me happy?



Image taken from google, lol.

Vornado 660.

Bought this on impulse, and because I was soooo sick of my huge box fan that barely pushes air and sounds obnoxiously loud.

This fan quite literally pushes so much air, its second lowest setting can be felt in the entire room, and is really quiet for a fan. The two highest settings sound like a normal fan, but the entire room is circulating air like the AC is on at all times. I'm blown away by how good it is.

I can't believe it's taken me this long to actively do my homework on good fans. I don't think I'll ever sweat again in my room.

You look different in that pic.

 

I want one!

 

Edit: BTW, I spotted the part about the pic being from Google but deliberately ignored it for the purpose of making the joke. It's the first thing I thought when I saw the picture :p


Edited by Napalmhardcore - 4/3/14 at 12:48pm
post #22574 of 31312
If I lived in Florida, that's the first thing I would have bought. I hate sweating :mad:
post #22575 of 31312
Thread Starter 
My AC is constantly on around 70-71, and my huge fan was on the mid-hi at all times. If it were quieter, I'd have put it on max, but the damn thing would drown out even good speakers. The Vornado is sooooo much cooler and quieter, and if I ever get hot, I have two more stronger settings, which really move air in the room. I literally have the fan aimed at a corner of the room, and feel the air as if the ac was coming from that corner of the room.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added)